ILBs

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2408421 said:
That's one hell of a stat line. Surprised I haven't heard about him. Then again, I'm not. I can't think of the last time i watched Cincinnati.

they were pretty good last year, I haven't watched them this year either lol

Mike Mickens their Senior CB is a late 1st/2nd round candidate

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;2408421 said:
That's one hell of a stat line. Surprised I haven't heard about him. Then again, I'm not. I can't think of the last time i watched Cincinnati.

i had the OU/Cincy game on earlier this season, but I didn't really pay 100% attention to the game. I was paying attention off and on though. I don't remember hearing about him. He does have some nice stats and measurables. I wonder how fast he is.

Mickens is the only Cincy player I know about

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Biggems;2408427 said:
i had the OU/Cincy game on earlier this season, but I didn't really pay 100% attention to the game. I was paying attention off and on though. I don't remember hearing about him. He does have some nice stats and measurables. I wonder how fast he is.

Mickens is the only Cincy player I know about

Draft scouts has him as a round 2-3 talent and running @ a 4.6. Not bad at all. Definitely someone I'm bookmarking for the combine.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
he's still in 1st place in the Big Esast in sacks, tied w/ Uconn LB Cody Brown w/ 7

4th in TFL, my boy Scott McKillop is 1st w/ 12.5

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;2408433 said:
Draft scouts has him as a round 2-3 talent and running @ a 4.6. Not bad at all. Definitely someone I'm bookmarking for the combine.

Im starting to think that we would be very fortunate to get S Rashad Johnson and OLB Barwin with our first two picks.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Biggems;2408440 said:
Im starting to think that we would be very fortunate to get S Rashad Johnson and OLB Barwin with our first two picks.

Johnson definitely looks like he's trying to get drafted in the first round. What an *******.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408440 said:

I think that would be really early for Barwin

he's only a 1-year player on defense

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2408445 said:
I think that would be really early for Barwin

he's only a 1-year player on defense

well i hope he grades out as a 5th rounder, and we use a 4th on him....just to be safe.

This way we can use our 3rd on an OL.....preferably an OG to replace Kosier and Proctor. I say keep Holland around and give him a full year in our offseason program.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408449 said:
well i hope he grades out as a 5th rounder, and we use a 4th on him....just to be safe.

This way we can use our 3rd on an OL.....preferably an OG to replace Kosier and Proctor. I say keep Holland around and give him a full year in our offseason program.

true dat

an OG I like besides Urbick is Ole Miss OG Maurice Miller, dude is huge: 6'4" 343, him and Michael Oher make a pretty, nice tandem

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2408451 said:
true dat

an OG I like besides Urbick is Ole Miss OG Maurice Miller, dude is huge: 6'4" 343, him and Michael Oher make a pretty, nice tandem

There are several OG I have my eye on:
Cedric Dockery Texas 6-4, 320
Paul Fanaika Arizona St. 6-6, 337
Ray Feinga BYU 6-5, 329
Louis Vasquez TT 6-6, 335
Louis West Henderson St 6-7, 375

OT
Rylan Reed TT 6-6, 316
Andy Levitre Oregon St. 6-3, 324

C
Jonathan Luigs Arkansas 6-4, 314
Max Unger Oregon 6-5, 300
Eric Wood Louisville 6-4, 304

OL (versatile enough to play all 5 positions)
Dallas Reynolds BYU 6-5, 328

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2408459 said:
There are several OG I have my eye on:
Cedric Dockery Texas 6-4, 320
Paul Fanaika Arizona St. 6-6, 337
Ray Feinga BYU 6-5, 329
Louis Vasquez TT 6-6, 335
Louis West Henderson St 6-7, 375

OT
Rylan Reed TT 6-6, 316
Andy Levitre Oregon St. 6-3, 324

C
Jonathan Luigs Arkansas 6-4, 314
Max Unger Oregon 6-5, 300
Eric Wood Louisville 6-4, 304

OL (versatile enough to play all 5 positions)
Dallas Reynolds BYU 6-5, 328

that's my dude too

him, Urbick and Miller are at the top of my list

all have played at 2 positions, Unger at LT, and now C, Urbick at RT and RG, Miller at RT, and now OG

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
couchscout.com has barwin running 40 slower than 4.6
5 BARWIN Connor SR 6- 4.0 234 4.73 338.16

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2409637 said:
couchscout.com has barwin running 40 slower than 4.6
5 BARWIN Connor SR 6- 4.0 234 4.73 338.16

He is a DE in college if I am not mistaken....but he would move to OLB for us. His 40 can be improved with training. So a 4.7 playing 40 is very nice for a DE

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2408278 said:
so hold off on I.L.B. this year and draft one in round 1 or 2 the following year would be better IMO and use our other picks this year for more pressing needs like O-line and N.T., D.E., S.S., Etc. and hold off on I.L.B. because we can, and because we have more pressing needs to fix for a superbowl run in 2009 IMO, since no one we draft is gonna beat out Zach Thomas or Bradie James for starting time in 2009, why not wait till the following year to address the position while using our 09' picks that would get a lot more playing time and positions of need for us in the positions I mentioned above?
Would it kill us to wait one more year to pick an I.L.B.?
I don't think it will hurt us at all since Zach and James will both be here for next year, and Carp and Burnett aren't bad as far as BACKUPS go, so I think we can hold off on that position, then in 2010, really upgrade it with a stud I.L.B. in round 1.

I disagree LBers isn't a position that goes high, especially MLB. trade up into the second round and we'll get someone who can make an immediate impact

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2415236 said:
I disagree LBers isn't a position that goes high, especially MLB. trade up into the second round and we'll get someone who can make an immediate impact

:confused:

Did Rivers go like 8th overall last year

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2415236 said:

Since you think L.B. would make an immediate impact, why not wait till 2010 draft like I want too?
Cause we have Zach Thomas and Bradie James at L.B. for the 2009 season, so I highly doubt any L.B. we draft in round 2 this year will make any bigger of an impact or even beat out any of those 2 players for starting time, where as in 2010 Zach Thomas will retire and we can plug in the rookie we draft in 2010 to make an impact for us and use this years picks for other positions of need like D-line, D.E. and possibly TWO N.T.'s if we move Ratliff like we want and don't re-sign Tank, and not to mention Safety and O-line, which is why since we'll have James and Thomas as our starters next year, there's not a pressing need to use our top pick, let alone TRADE UP in round 2 to grab an I.L.B. when we have so many other pressing needs is all!