I'll admit it I was wrong about Horbath

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Just cause, no reason I like to have fun making up names.

8bb07d73ffd805e43ee284f46f57e9a0.jpeg

efh313

Reaction score
he did an admirable job, but still think we can upgrade at K
Apologize to the Vikings, explain that now with JG gone we are trying to correct some of his mistakes and there is no way we wanted to release Bailey over a groin injury that he just needed a year to heal. So... thank you for holding on to him for us but we would like him back now.
:grin::grin::grin:

lostar2009

Reaction score
Maher should've never made the 2019 squad. There was better kickers out there at the time. It's sad but it's true. Just like this season, too late.

quickccc

Reaction score
wont really know that until he gets into a lengthy series of games, than just a couple or so games ,, that's the rhythm and life pulse of a NFL kicker.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Having Forbath we should have never cut Showers, then maybe we could have drafted Hottub :laugh:

Beaker42

Reaction score
The best thing we did all season was also the worst thing we did all season, because we waited until the season was basically done to make a change any competent organization would have made weeks prior. Funny how that works in Big D.
It’s because we’re the organization that cares.

perrykemp

Reaction score
He played well in his short stint with the Cowboys this year.

He isn't much of a kicker beyond 50 yards.

He has made 12 50+ yard fields goals in his 8 years in the league -- 1.5 per year. I am ok with that, especially compared to Maher.

With that said, he'll be 33 next season and I think they need to bring in competition.

Kaiser

Reaction score
With that said, he'll be 33 next season and I think they need to bring in competition.

There are two college kickers that are considered 6th or 7th round picks, you have to think that is extremely likely for Dallas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"To edit or not edit the thread title. That is the question."
- Shakespearean DallasEast

blueblood70

Reaction score
The best thing the Cowboys did this year was cut Maher and bring in Horbath I mean the guy was money and made all his kicks and not only did he make all his field goals and extra points he made them look easy! Outside of the two kickoffs that went out of bounds, Horbath was one of the few bright spots for the Cowboys this year even if he only played a couple of games. I think the Cowboys will be looking for a new kicker in the offseason but maybe Horbath sticks around and tries to compete for the job.
how do we really know, Maher made 11 of his first 12 FGs.. went 11 in row his first year and kicked 60yarders.. kickers are like golfers they can go bad in a hurry..

RodeoJake

Reaction score
No. You were right about Horbath. He didn't do anything this season. I don't think he was even active once this season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We already had a HOF kicker in Bailey who because of a groin injury had an off season so we let him go in favour of Maher...by the way Bailey was 27/29 this season for the Vikings. The mistake was made long before this season
get over it he was making 3mil and was terrible, they cut him and Maher was better that season.. you cant use an IR spot for an overpaid injured kicker..it was the correct decision at the time.. it took 18months for Bialy to get back right..no one could predict that hed come back and you again cant waste an IR spoot for a 3mil kicker with an injury hard for them to come back from..

it happened to Nick and he never got back to being great..Nick foles was as good as baily at one time but the same injury took him out.. hes still decent but not the same