I'll Believe It When I See It. Dak/Defense Doldrums

johneric8

Reaction score
I have been a HUGE supporter of Dak and a fan of the team since the late 70's so needless to say like many of you, I've been through the gauntlet with this team.
I think all of us understand that Dak can be stellar, best of the best at times, but we all know that when we need a big win against a good team either for playoff positioning or confidence, either Dak fails to lift the team up or the team itself (Coaching and Defense) lets us down... We can never seem to put things together, maybe the curse of Jimmy has been lifted? Who knows....

The reason for this post is to touch on the thorn that ails most of us fans, that stubborn prick that borrows it's way down into our skin! That is our Cows falling short when we all need it most... I know the game against the Eagles won't make or break our season, but it sure would be nice if we took care of business to get this narrative that we can't beat good teams extinguished..

I'm going into this game excited to see a good ballgame but I would be lying if I said I thought we're going to win it, I wish it was different but this is what this team has done to my belief in them... Think about it, our players are totally setup right now to eat the Cheese! Dak is believing he is the MVP and the rest of the talking heads are putting us in the tops of the league! We always seem to falter when stuff like this exist... Go Cowboys prove ME wrong....

Praxit

Reaction score
..dont know what you've been reference too. But Dak, is not believing anything on MVP's and stat marks.

He's knows, first and foremost you gotta win in this league. Everything else is a bonus.

They finally have good teams, that's why post season has been in our schedule as of recent.

All you can do is HOPE, they can get over the hurdle this year.

johneric8

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what you say after "but."

You're not a Dak supporter, you're just another old guy who is disconnected from the reality of the modern NFL.
I have been one of his biggest fans quite honestly and that is fact, but last year I fell off the wagon.... Age has nothing to do with anything man that is crazy talk, never judge a book by it's cover that is for sure..

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I have been one of his biggest fans quite honestly and that is fact, but last year I fell off the wagon.... Age has nothing to do with anything man that is crazy talk, never judge a book by it's cover that is for sure..
I'm not judging anything. Every one of you old guys says the exact same thing all the time.

It doesn't matter if you're a "fan" or not. You have unrealistic expectations.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I'm with you generally but I think we beat the birds. The kick in the nuts will come when we drop a game after that and blow any chance at home field. This team is probably toast without that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have been a HUGE supporter of Dak and a fan of the team since the late 70's so needless to say like many of you, I've been through the gauntlet with this team.
I think all of us understand that Dak can be stellar, best of the best at times, but we all know that when we need a big win against a good team either for playoff positioning or confidence, either Dak fails to lift the team up or the team itself (Coaching and Defense) lets us down... We can never seem to put things together, maybe the curse of Jimmy has been lifted? Who knows....

The reason for this post is to touch on the thorn that ails most of us fans, that stubborn prick that borrows it's way down into our skin! That is our Cows falling short when we all need it most... I know the game against the Eagles won't make or break our season, but it sure would be nice if we took care of business to get this narrative that we can't beat good teams extinguished..

I'm going into this game excited to see a good ballgame but I would be lying if I said I thought we're going to win it, I wish it was different but this is what this team has done to my belief in them... Think about it, our players are totally setup right now to eat the Cheese! Dak is believing he is the MVP and the rest of the talking heads are putting us in the tops of the league! We always seem to falter when stuff like this exist... Go Cowboys prove ME wrong....
Correct, i've yet to see the entire team show up... the most common thing missing is a strong physical offensive line and run game( both sf losses and the rams 2018 loss), the expectations dak should be able to do this himself against arguably the best Team in football on the road is asinine...

this is the ultimate team game and unless the team shows up, you're not beating san Francisco or many payoffs caliber team on the road or at home for that matter...

blueblood70

Reaction score
..dont know what you've been reference too. But Dak, is not believing anything on MVP's and stat marks.

He's knows, first and foremost you gotta win in this league. Everything else is a bonus.

They finally have good teams, that's why post season has been in our schedule as of recent.

All you can do is HOPE, they can get over the hurdle this year.
agree some luck is needed bounce here or there and a call to go our way... 3 close losses on the road 8, 6, and 7 the last 3 payoff loss deficits. Imagine not having 14 penalties in 2021..ughh defense not giving up 278 yards on the Ground in 18 or just not having an OL/run game in all 3...slim margins says a bounce or call here and there says we win!

that last eagles game is a direct reminder of what's been happening,

an inch and no call form schoon scoring and yoe on a 2 ponter plus 3 unlucky fumble bounces all recovered by them 5-point loss in Philly..man just is the same dang thing that keeps happening and for that reason i know tis team understands they are NOT hitting on all cylinders ie run game, short yardage and rz run/scoring isn't consistent plus now the defensne joining on not doing well in the 3 losses or that Seattle game. They know this!!

plus for sure they're hearing everyone still saying the cant beat good teams and they can't win in the playoffs.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Ah, the arrogance of youth, I remember it well.
The arrogance of data and context. In cap leagues, 30 years isn't a long championship drought.

Nostalgia of two "dynasties" in ~30 years - before the salary cap - has skewed the perspective of fans who were alive for the first one. The idea that 28 years is a long drought is false and the idea that b/c a QB hasn't won in 8 years means he never can - couple with the ridiculous idea that you can just easily find a replacement and build a team around him - is also false.

It's not arrogance. It's perspective. The best team doesn't always win, and what happened 5, 10, 15, 28 years ago isn't indicative of what will happen next year.

Praxit

Reaction score
agree some luck is needed bounce here or there and a call to go our way... 3 close losses on the road 8, 6, and 7 the last 3 payoff loss deficits. Imagine not having 14 penalties in 2021..ughh defense not giving up 278 yards on the Ground in 18 or just not having an OL/run game in all 3...slim margins says a bounce or call here and there says we win!

that last eagles game is a direct reminder of what's been happening,

an inch and no call form schoon scoring and yoe on a 2 ponter plus 3 unlucky fumble bounces all recovered by them 5-point loss in Philly..man just is the same dang thing that keeps happening and for that reason i know tis team understands they are NOT hitting on all cylinders ie run game, short yardage and rz run/scoring isn't consistent plus now the defensne joining on not doing well in the 3 losses or that Seattle game. They know this!!

plus for sure they're hearing everyone still saying the cant beat good teams and they can't win in the playoffs.
Totally agree with you, we had bad luck in last game versus Eagles.
When does that ever happen that someone catches the ball right on the line on a fourth down, inches away from a TD.
Then you get a first n goal, at their 6yd line, with plenty of Time but you shoot yourself in the foot, then drive yourself backwards.
To me that's just real bad luck.