I'll Believe It When I See It. Dak/Defense Doldrums

johneric8

Reaction score
If you jumped off the Dak bandwagon, you are always welcome back. There is always room. It feels good to see many of his critics now coming back on board. We all see the work and improvement in performance Dak has made this season. Yes, Dak and the Cowboys need to still prove they can get it done in the playoffs where it matters most, but it sure feels good to see Dak improving drastically than not. Cheers to anyone jumping back on the Dak bandwagon!

:flagwave::clap::thumbup:
Thanks.. It's funny because I always believed in Dak, but last year the loss to the niners hit me very hard quite honestly.. I started to believe that Dak may suffer from mental issues that got in the way of him being able to succeed when things got the best of him.. I never disliked him after that and I certainly always rooted for him but I was convinced after that loss that he was damaged.. If you would of told me that things would click and he would be playing the way he has played as of late I wouldn't of believed it quite honestly.... I thought he lost his legs and you and I both know that without his legs and improvisation he is like Drew Bledsoe.. I think after the niners loss this year he and Big Mike went back to the woodshed and opened things up.. I also believe that many on this forum don't realize how great of a QB coach big mike is, I think he may of saved his career and got him back on track..

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm with you generally but I think we beat the birds. The kick in the nuts will come when we drop a game after that and blow any chance at home field. This team is probably toast without that.
10-3 then, what does that indicate at that point as to the playoffs?

The Natural

Reaction score
Personally it's going to be hard to trust this defense the rest of the way if they don't show up Sunday night. No punts last game is embarrassing, this needs to be their night to dominate.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what you say after "but."

You're not a Dak supporter, you're just another old guy who is disconnected from the reality of the modern NFL.
xNiZfG.gif

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This fan base is so "punch drunk"... I get it to an extent but can we not always be so "chicken little?" Yes we CAN... Yes we WILL!!

bigE79

Reaction score
I'm not judging anything. Every one of you old guys says the exact same thing all the time.

It doesn't matter if you're a "fan" or not. You have unrealistic expectations.
So what are your expectations? Win a wildcard game every once in a while and you are happy? If that's how the younger generation thinks,you can keep it..28 yrs for this franchise is an eternity for most of us and there is no excuse for it..and most of those teams you mentioned in your other post stunk way before the cap was ever thought about.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Realistically? That they'll get demolished in SF in the playoffs.
Nothing rationally arrived at there...just a stereotype and no loyalty. No facts indicate that at all right now. Same records and losses just as with Dallas.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Personally it's going to be hard to trust this defense the rest of the way if they don't show up Sunday night. No punts last game is embarrassing, this needs to be their night to dominate.
Plus the penalties. So many unforced penalties on both sides of the ball.

Last game the defense lined up offsides 2 or 3 times on one drive. It’s either bad coaching or dumb players, or both.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Nothing rationally arrived at there...just a stereotype and no loyalty. No facts indicate that at all right now. Same records and losses just as with Dallas.
I'd be interested to know how the game earlier this year between these same 2 teams in which the Boys were completely obliterated doesn't count as a "fact"?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how the game earlier this year between these same 2 teams in which the Boys were completely obliterated doesn't count as a "fact"?
Let’s not forget the Dallas Cowboys have played the 49ers twice in the 2023 calendar year. Both times they lost albeit with very different performances by the defense. But consistently bad performance by the offense.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Plus the penalties. So many unforced penalties on both sides of the ball.

Last game the defense lined up offsides 2 or 3 times on one drive. It’s either bad coaching or dumb players, or both.
The offsides on defense seem to be more related to aggressiveness. They dial up the aggressive and the more crazy they go the more penalties.

CCBoy

Reaction score
no, you really don't give a crap....and any attempt to sneak legitimacy into view fails....wooo hooo

If the truth sounds in a forrest and you are not there, is it heard? No... :flagwave: :popcorn::thumbdown:

Ride 'em Cowboy!

Mark

Reaction score
I'm not judging anything. Every one of you old guys says the exact same thing all the time.

It doesn't matter if you're a "fan" or not. You have unrealistic expectations.
What do you consider to be an "old guy?" Are you under-21 or thereabouts? Thinking that you know it all, without the benefit of sufficient life-experience to inform your opinions & braggadocio?

Hearing-out "old guys" - even if you don't agree - is generally useful in life.

Hope you don't back-talk your father, too.