I'm a homer but I was very disappointed in MM, Dak, Zeke, OL and Quinn

VABoyz

Reaction score
Blame goes EVERYWHERE! same stuff different year and characters..Qb underperform in critical situations, o line doesn't block, shaky play calling, team doesn't start battling until the end and untimely penalties..it's the usual until it's not and who knows when that's gonna be. I'm not sure if there will be a breakthrough during the current leadership.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ranchy, when I first saw your post I thought it was commendable that you did not stay hiding under a rock given the recent performances of the team. But your support of mediocre QB play, and Dak, is irrational. And as with most irrational opinions that are challenged, (which is all you have, just an opinion) you respond by lashing out at people personally. Haters ? It’s a pretty good diversion when reality and facts don’t support your argument. Dak did not play well yesterday. And he didn’t just miss a few. There is enough blame to go around for the loss but Dak was in a position to make plays that would have probably won us the game. And he’s paid 40 mill a year to do that. He’s had some great games this year and some amazing throws - incredible throws for a guy who was out for so long and coming back from an injury. He plays well and sometimes not so well. That’s reality and fact. And most truth is usually in the middle: he is not as bad as some say, but he is not consistently elite either. And yes, they do have football in Maine, kinda.

The simple fact is that Dak led the team to 26 pts. And they got another 7 on the kick return. That just adds to it. Even in the "modern" NFL that should win the game. You can't have a defense give up over 500 yards and expect to win. It's also a simple fact that this team is built to win with a strong running game. And the Cowboys don't run the ball well. Take away each of Zeke's and Tonys "long" run and they both averaged less than 3 yards a carry. Both those guys are very talented running backs, they don't get less than 3 yards a carry unless the line blocking is mediocre to poor.

This team has so many problems, while I am not saying with the return of Cooper, Lamb, Lawrence and Gregory the team won't be measurably better, the last simple fact is that the dts and cbs (yes even Diggs) are overall mediocre. Diggs takes huge chances on ints, and has gotten some, but as has been mentioned by many, if you're that good of a cb they don't throw your way very much. Diggs will be great, I believe, but he's not there yet. Parsons is all world, but he can't do it all. When he has to go to play on the d-line because Armstrong, Anae, et al aren't very good the linebacking corps is even worse.

I am so sick of the "Dak is great" and the "Dak sucks" debate, quarterbacks get way more credit and way more blame than they deserve, unless you're a Winston chucking 30 ints a year, or such. Like ANY quarterback, he needs at least pretty good help, as in a line who gives him time, receivers who don't drop balls and coaches who design plays that the defense has trouble defending. Dak had little of that this game. Gallup will be better as he gets back in sync from being out for weeks, Cooper and Lamb will be back as well. And he won't have to score so much, and have to be the sole reason the team is successful with the return of Lawrence and Gregory.

The views that if you have the "elite" quarterback SBs are sure to follow, or that if you don't you're doomed to no SBs are both fallacies. Football isn't that cut and dried...

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Very disappointed in MM, Dak, Zeke, OL and Quinn.....
MM is trying to hard to not be Garrett.....Quinn is trying to hard not to be Quinn.....Dak played well, but missed some easy ones, Zeke should have taken the day off....he's not healthy...OL is decent, but Philbin has been reading the CZ...I haven't gotten too emotionally involved in games for a while, try to take it in stride and stay positive....yesterday was different....I was pissed! Still am.....we should have won that game. I don't complain about the refs much, but they were horrible! Salud!
Zekes the best back on the team and he’s hurt.

Zman5

Reaction score
So you think Arizona and Dallas are about equal?

I don't and I've not seen any ratings that say they are. I used the stats as one way to quantify the Cowboys, didn't say that it proved it all...
You removed the part of the stats to fit your narrative.

That's like saying we are undefeated if remove the games we lost.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
snake prescott just sucks. nothing more to say. when's he really going to get mad and give a crap? any new made statements. what a turd

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
0-0 in overtime and the MVP didn't get it done while carr did.

1 more point wins the game in OT.

Shultz costs Cowboys easy 2 points.

Zuerlein fails to make 1 point XP.

If either is executed, should be a Cowboys win.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
i dont hate its just facts he and his team is just not good enough this team will get run of the field if they make the playoffs and have to go on the road to win a game this team is no way going to beat the rams at home or the packers or bucs at home
Stop watching the Cowboys and stop posting here about them then. Walk the walk and stop talking the talk.

cheyennes

Reaction score
I did blame him for his play yesterday.....go back and read the OP...I don't appreciate fans putting all the blame on him.....
Agree 100%
OL dong played goog football
To Many drops from our backups wrs
Moore call many vertical routes, with bar pass prot
He abandom mesh concepts and the runing game
To many flags, injuries and
Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

This ya'lls leader?

I like my leaders doing whatever is necessary to make sure we win games.

Who you are, Dak, is just not good enough. Be better.

Cmac

Reaction score
Shouldn't LVE be in this group too, if we're going to be fair?

Brooksey

Reaction score
It all starts with the officiating and then the injuries. Penalties gave Oakland (7) 3rd down conversions, 5 led to scores and 27 points. These are “change of possession” calls, no different from them overturning 7 int’s or fumbles. Out of those (7) two calls looked legit .They also took away the Shultz TD, a fumble recovery and a 40 yard Pollard run.

NO TEAM can overcome this.

In a normally called game we win big. They had nothing but a opening Desean Jackson bomb. Dak had a shaky start but a big 4th quarter throwing to backups. Zeke is hurt but I’m not worried about our offense with Coop/Lamb returning.

The defense based on how it was being called should have went into a zone..I blame Quinn on that but man he’s been so good, I’ll give him a pass, he tried to stay aggressive. Most of their big plays came after they were given a 3rd down conversion on a penalty..we were deflated and off balance.

We’ll be back, this is a good team…. But we have to stop beating the Vegas books. We were 7-0 against the spread now we’re 7-3. They got most of their money back Thursday so it should be smoother sailing.