I'm a homer but I was very disappointed in MM, Dak, Zeke, OL and Quinn

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He's pretty good at catching stuff, just

Some complain about contracts, as if Dak is the only one to get paid.....that's my point....

What?
Where is the complaining about contracts in this exchange?

Pace yourself, man.

dak is what he is a average qb on a very average team

Average QBs have won Superbowls with good defenses......but I get it....haters gotta hate.

glimmerman

Reaction score
My boss isn’t even really a football fan and just said man what’s up with those calls in that game. The Cowboys got screwed over and over..

Zman5

Reaction score
We can't be fooled by the 7 wins. Just look at the records of the teams Dallas has beaten:
6-4, 5-6, 5-6, 7-4, 5-5, 4-6 and 3-7. Overall record of those teams - 35-38.

But the Cowboys won't get to play teams in the playoffs with losing records. There's enough weak teams remaining on the schedule so that Dallas can probably still win the division.

But let's be real - Cowboys have:

1. Mediocre dts.
2. Very good des.
3. Mediocre secondary
4. Average linebackers.
5. Average o-line.
6. Very good quarterback.
7. Excellent running backs.
8. When healthy, excellent receivers.
7. Great punter
8. Inconsistent kicker.

Sorry folks, that does not add up to a SB champ. Enjoy the regular season wins, because there won't be a SB appearance this year, and likely not an NFC Championship appearance.

Again.

People keep bringing up the records of teams we beat but other top NFC teams haven't won against any good teams either.

Records of teams they beat: W-L-T

Dallas - 35-38 (2 teams with winning record)
GB - 36-45-2 (3 teams with winning record)
Rams - 25-47-1 (2 teams with winning record)
Bucs - 34-41 (2 teams with winning record)
Cards - 43-49 (3 teams with winning record)

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Very disappointed in MM, Dak, Zeke, OL and Quinn.....
MM is trying to hard to not be Garrett.....Quinn is trying to hard not to be Quinn.....Dak played well, but missed some easy ones, Zeke should have taken the day off....he's not healthy...OL is decent, but Philbin has been reading the CZ...I haven't gotten too emotionally involved in games for a while, try to take it in stride and stay positive....yesterday was different....I was pissed! Still am.....we should have won that game. I don't complain about the refs much, but they were horrible! Salud!
:lmao2:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
still part of the game they scored tds they pout enough points up and pollard and offensive guy that a score for the offense..so move on troll we get you dont like Dak but he wasn't the issue yesterday, the defense, coaching, and refs were all bigger part of the blame for that loss not the offense..

dak worst games were denver and KC but there are bigger problems in some of those games with other players as well like KC woith more drops then i can count....so yesterday wasn't one of them..

"move on troll we get you dont like Dak'"
If you review my posts you will see I do like Dak, I have called him a very good quarterback on many occasions and just today said that he's not the problem with this team not winning SBs. I think you're confusing me with some other poster.

I was merely correcting your statement that the OFFENSE didn't score 33. I'm sure you know the 3 phases of football are offense, defense and special teams, the kick return is of course special teams.

And you're right, of course, the defense and coaching were big parts of the loss, and the offense other than Dak contributed as well, dropped passes and penalties and awful blocking, just to name 3.

See, that's the problem with this team - Dak could play a perfect game and they'd still lose games, the problems with this team are widespread...

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, you didn't read the op....lol! Figures

I read what was posted and decided to give my own thoughts. I like Dak and Zeke. Both are vehemently lambasted, and it is not deserved, but we must admit when their play is not up to standards.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
right 28 flags thrown 14 each didn't seems uneven but if you look at the type they threw on us at the times of the game that for sure aided them in scoring drives vs punting..
To be fair though. They did gift us with a drive extender on the first drive of the second half. Turned a 5 and out into a 8 and out.

They also dinged the Raiders for 5 yards, turning their go ahead field goal from a 51 yarder to a 56 yarder.

Both of those penalties were terrible calls that benefitted Dallas.

Techsass

Reaction score

blueblood70

Reaction score
"move on troll we get you dont like Dak'"
If you review my posts you will see I do like Dak, I have called him a very good quarterback on many occasions and just today said that he's not the problem with this team not winning SBs. I think you're confusing me with some other poster.

I was merely correcting your statement that the OFFENSE didn't score 33. I'm sure you know the 3 phases of football are offense, defense and special teams, the kick return is of course special teams.

And you're right, of course, the defense and coaching were big parts of the loss, and the offense other than Dak contributed as well, dropped passes and penalties and awful blocking, just to name 3.

See, that's the problem with this team - Dak could play a perfect game and they'd still lose games, the problems with this team are widespread...
last week dak sucked for sure this week no he didn't ..

you shouldnt need to play such a prefect game and score 34 points to win a game..a lot of this game felt defensive but was truly unfair the refs had hand in helping that raiders offense all night out of bad situations..

this game looked a lot like 2020 for 5 games with dak..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
People keep bringing the records of teams we beat but other top NFC teams haven't won against any good teams either.

Records of teams they beat: W-L-T

Dallas - 35-38
GB - 36-45-2
Rams - 25-47-1
Bucs - 34-41
Cards - 43-49

Yeah the NFL's grand "parity" scheme is alive and well.

But teams can't help who they play, Cardinals got to play the Jags and the Texans, who are together 4-16, other than that the records of teams they beat is like 39-33, Dallas' is 25-25, still not a winning record.

Zman5

Reaction score
Yeah the NFL's grand "parity" scheme is alive and well.

But teams can't help who they play, Cardinals got to play the Jags and the Texans, who are together 4-16, other than that the records of teams they beat is like 39-33, Dallas' is 25-25, still not a winning record.

That's just cherry picking the stats to fit your narrative. Bottom line is, even if you take out the Jags and the Texans from the Cards schedule, they only beat 1 more team with a winning record than us.

garyo1954

Reaction score
MM is trying to hard to not be Garrett.....Quinn is trying to hard not to be Quinn.....Dak played well, but missed some easy ones, Zeke should have taken the day off....he's not healthy...OL is decent, but Philbin has been reading the CZ...I haven't gotten too emotionally involved in games for a while, try to take it in stride and stay positive....yesterday was different....I was pissed! Still am.....we should have won that game. I don't complain about the refs much, but they were horrible! Salud!

Winning cures everything!

When we win, we're the great team in the league. And still there are nitpickers who complain about foot position, or hand position, or the, "sky is falling," fan who informs us, "that won't cut it in the play-offs," or the effervescent, "that's going to come back to bite us."

When we lose, its all magnified.

Yesterday was disgusting. We've all seen this team play better. We know this team is capable.

We should also know by now that a great 4th doesn't make up for three sloppy quarters or the 3 and outs.

Can't control the refs, but we could have made their job harder by playing better football in the first half.

Salud!

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Average QBs have won Superbowls with good defenses......but I get it....haters gotta hate.

Ranchy, when I first saw your post I thought it was commendable that you did not stay hiding under a rock given the recent performances of the team. But your support of mediocre QB play, and Dak, is irrational. And as with most irrational opinions that are challenged, (which is all you have, just an opinion) you respond by lashing out at people personally. Haters ? It’s a pretty good diversion when reality and facts don’t support your argument. Dak did not play well yesterday. And he didn’t just miss a few. There is enough blame to go around for the loss but Dak was in a position to make plays that would have probably won us the game. And he’s paid 40 mill a year to do that. He’s had some great games this year and some amazing throws - incredible throws for a guy who was out for so long and coming back from an injury. He plays well and sometimes not so well. That’s reality and fact. And most truth is usually in the middle: he is not as bad as some say, but he is not consistently elite either. And yes, they do have football in Maine, kinda.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s the QB. He touches the ball every single play.

He makes double what anyone else does.

Everyone is pocket watching him! Everyone! Including the team! 40 million a year isn’t going unnoticed.

He’s not getting paid to be the 4th round feel good story anymore. How do you not get that?

He’s paid to elevate and overcome adversity. He’s not the guy just along for the ride anymore..
Pocket watch the 50 plus million that ain't doing their job then. He elevated and overcame adversity. He had players drop footballs, offensive line was poor....run game was poor...and still got this team into OT just for the defense to open up their legs after a GREAT punt by Anger.

Let's keep the same energy

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I truly believe Dak is not 100% healthy, same for Zeke. A little good news, Jerry says the Calvary is coming! Let’s hope for a W this Thursday, then 10 day rest and let’s see the real Dak n Zeke

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's just cherry picking the stats to fit your narrative. Bottom line is, even if you take out the Jags and the Texans from the Cards schedule, they only beat 1 more team with a winning record than us.

So you think Arizona and Dallas are about equal?

I don't and I've not seen any ratings that say they are. I used the stats as one way to quantify the Cowboys, didn't say that it proved it all...

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No.. Stop giving Dak’s lack of execution and slow start an excuse because everyone else didn’t do his freaking job for him and make plays.

In KC they held on and gave him every opportunity to make a play and he couldn’t do it.

Yesterday we had several 3 and outs (leaving the defense hung out to dry) and having drives end because his accuracy issues were on full display for everyone to see..

Derek Carr out performed Dak. Derek Carr was the one looking like the 40 million dollar player.

Just because Dak had a great drive on the Schultz TD doesn’t excuses his mediocre performance.

Now tell me about his stats…

Nope! Don't need defense, let's mortgage the whole team and get Watson! He would win every game with his defense giving up 500+ yards!