I'm a homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't help myself....I'm just optimistic and I don't get discouraged because I understand how hard it is to win....I will say this, it's fun trying and not giving up! Salud, homers and haters! We're all fans...Go Dak and Jerry! Lol!

I'm a Cowboys fans, I feel that the much hated Jerry and son have done a good job this offseason...I'm looking forward to the draft and bringing on another stud. I'm sure this thread will be moved or deleted..but, it's a slow time!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My definition of homer is a fan that chooses to ignore the warts and strictly argues for optimism and positive thinking regardless of how it really looks.

This entire homer v hater has been overplayed into the ground and represents a small minority of the members here and I would not say that haters are all fans.

I will root for my team but I will also acknowledge the warts that are there on any player and the team as a whole.

I am like the parent that realizes my child is not the best or brightest but he/she is still my child and I will love it unconditionally.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can't help myself....I'm just optimistic and I don't get discouraged because I understand how hard it is to win....I will say this, it's fun trying and not giving up! Salud, homers and haters! We're all fans...Go Dak and Jerry! Lol!
If your a homer then you should care more about the team than the player. And having a rose outlook doesn’t mean you don’t give up. nothing wrong with being accurate and realistic. For me I enjoy posters that get things right. Show they understand the game. make me see things in a different way.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ever hear the saying the flogging will continue until the morale improves? Thats how I feel as a fan...beat down.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm in the middle. I'm more of a "things are never as good nor as bad as they seem type of guy"

superonyx

Reaction score
Life is too short to spend many time on something that brings me more unhappiness than happiness.

I've know too many people who seem to just be miserable with something that they are choosing to do. It's insane and sad actually.
We are fans, we have no control over the outcome at all. Why allow anything you can't control have control over your emotions when its a negative overall experience for you.

I'm 100% happy when we win and even the loses are ok. I watch every game with my 11 and 13 year old sons and even the losses are experiences and memories I'll always cherish.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Life is too short to spend many time on something that brings me more unhappiness than happiness.

I've know too many people who seem to just be miserable with something that they are choosing to do. It's insane and sad actually.
We are fans, we have no control over the outcome at all. Why allow anything you can't control have control over your emotions when its a negative overall experience for you.

I'm 100% happy when we win and even the loses are ok. I watch every game with my 11 and 13 year old sons and even the losses are experiences and memories I'll always cherish.
That's awesome...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score

Hopefully your outlook will spread throughout the Cowboy arena. After all, it is just a game.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole “homer-hater” thing is an extremely exhausting and oversimplified discussion. Just like most things in life, nothing is ever that black and white.

All of us as fans are as diverse as our personalities. It seems to me that whenever someone doesn’t like a particular opinion of a fan, they are too often labeled either a homer or a hater, depending on the accuser’s perspective. Too often we make assumptions about our fellow fans that are simply untrue or incomplete.

The Cowboys will always be my favorite team. Always. Regardless of won-loss record. And because I love the team, I am constantly thinking about ways we can get better, where we are good, and where we aren’t. I’m often wrong but expressing those opinions are what this forum is all about. The only thing I hate is LOSING. So when I’m critical of the leadership of this team, it’s because I want to see us win!

The next time you‘re tempted to call someone on here a “homer” or a “hater”….just don’t. It’s not that simple.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go into each season looking at it as a new adventure. What could happen to be a great season.
Sure it is disappointing to get knocked out of the playoffs. But I do not let that consume me going into the offseason to see what they do to improve. It is all part of the fun of being a fan.

To say if I didn't care what happens during the regular season and only wait until the playoffs...to me that is a fair weather fan, to others, they call it a "realist"....part of the fun is the ride getting to the playoffs.
I don't dwell on the past 28 years. It is just not worth it. Yes it sucks, but what can we as fans do. Only wait and see if the next season is that season, to get back to a SB.

But to each their own. I like this off-season so far, and can't wait for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.