I'm almost to the point where I don't blame Garrett

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like the year before last when Brady was suspended? They went 3-1. You mentioned yourself the only season he missed significant time when they went 11-5. Bill can win without Brady - he's proven he can. He hasn't had to do it very often, though.

Let me know when Garrett is able to overcome adversity and cope with injuries. Obviously Philly can get the job done when missing several starters. Garrett folds like a cheap tent if someone gets a hangnail.
Wrong . Bill has not proven he can even win a playoff game or make it it to a championship without Brady.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like the year before last when Brady was suspended? They went 3-1. You mentioned yourself the only season he missed significant time when they went 11-5. Bill can win without Brady - he's proven he can. He hasn't had to do it very often, though.

Let me know when Garrett is able to overcome adversity and cope with injuries. Obviously Philly can get the job done when missing several starters. Garrett folds like a cheap tent if someone gets a hangnail.
Garrett has overcome adversity and injuries . It just didn’t lead to a championship. It would have helped if he had a top 5 defense or a starting caliber QB on the bench .

Apparently some fans only know how to measure talent associated with winning. Lazy ..

Last edited:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
NOT a single one of us here who have followed and been a fan of this since before the great Jerrah Jones era will argue, the issues with our record, or lack there of is all on Jerry Jones and his ego. The man is worst then clapper clown, and yet portrays himself as our GM... how well has THAT worked out for this team the past 23 years? But saying that, the clapping carrot has shown he is not capable of winning out. He just does not have all it takes to coach a team from behind. AKA look at last season melt down against a beat up, less then ready Green Bay team... I rest my case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NOT a single one of us here who have followed and been a fan of this since before the great Jerrah Jones era will argue, the issues with our record, or lack there of is all on Jerry Jones and his ego. The man is worst then clapper clown, and yet portrays himself as our GM... how well has THAT worked out for this team the past 23 years? But saying that, the clapping carrot has shown he is not capable of winning out. He just does not have all it takes to coach a team from behind. AKA look at last season melt down against a beat up, less then ready Green Bay team... I rest my case.
But your ommitting we had a poor defense trying to stop a HOF QB who was on quite a hot streak who made a miraculous play to beat us.

Packers were more than ready playing on quite a winning streak heading into the playoffs . If you didn’t predict that upset I’d argue you weren’t paying attention to how they and us were playing heading into the playoffs.

Last edited:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I'll give you they had their little win streak, but for the most part, OUR team was way better injury wise and play maker wise. And no, not me nor 50 million others who do this called that a win for the packers. That's plain *** arrogance to claim you did. WE should have won that game, easily, just like we had done in their house earlier in the season. But Garrett and Linehan called a piss poor game, mismanaged the clock and handed them a sub win.I mean get serious here, were down to less then 3 mins, we had run the ball over them with Zeke getting huge chunk plays, which they never stopped our run, and yet look at those 3 plays prior to the FG to give us the lead and tell me that crap was high quality coaching... Garret coaches to cover his skinny arse, and not to lose.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll give you they had their little win streak, but for the most part, OUR team was way better injury wise and play maker wise. And no, not me nor 50 million others who do this called that a win for the packers. That's plain *** arrogance to claim you did. WE should have won that game, easily, just like we had done in their house earlier in the season. But Garrett and Linehan called a piss poor game, mismanaged the clock and handed them a sub win.I mean get serious here, were down to less then 3 mins, we had run the ball over them with Zeke getting huge chunk plays, which they never stopped our run, and yet look at those 3 plays prior to the FG to give us the lead and tell me that crap was high quality coaching... Garret coaches to cover his skinny arse, and not to lose.
Totally disagree. The game we beat them earlier in year wasn’t same team. Rodgers was playing awful at that time. Critics were all over him before he begun an amazing streak.

Not sure why your ignoring the incredible streak Rodgers was on and how many analysts were picking them over us because Rodgers was going to pick apart our defense. I called the mild upset and stated on forum. It wasn’t arrogance . It was keen insight and sense taking the 4 points .

If our defense can make a play on a 3rd and 20 we win the game. We made a great comeback in 2nd half .

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
The point is how did fans recognize Landry was a good coach until the team started winning?

Did we call Belichick the greatest HC when he was in Cleveland? Just saying...

He was a great defensive coach for the Giants who went to championship games during his tenure . Then has to start from scratch with an expansion team . Totally different situation than Garrett taking over an established team. Cleveland please is anyone ever successful there LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He was a great defensive coach for the Giants who went to championship games during his tenure . Then has to start from scratch with an expansion team . Totally different situation than Garrett taking over an established team. Cleveland please is anyone ever successful there LOL
I agree about Landry but playing devils advocate to make a point.

Why isn’t Cleveland described as an established team? Your skewing the definition to support your narrative.

And yes, there has been coaches with success in Cleveland. Not this era but the Browns went to championship games back in the 80’s and won NFL titles in the 50’s. Paul Brown is considered one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.When I became a fan in the 60’s they were championship contenders knocking us out of the playoffs twice.

Belichick was actually beginning to make some progress in Cleveland going 11-5 and making the playoffs until Browns announced the move to Baltimore and then they collapsed their last season under Bill. Point is Bill didn’t have the success there as he has in NE. Not enough for Ravens to keep him on as their coach. It’s a notable fact regardless if we choose to deflect much like he’s never made the playoffs in NE without Brady.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
I realize what Cleveland did in the distant past should have put has anyone been successful there lately . I think Belichick has been successful in NE not only due to Brady but because they have superior management compared to most teams . I believe he is a very good coach but the system around him helps him do his best .

I don't think Garrett is as talented a coach as Belichick at this point granted he has improved some and I believe he is a pretty fair evaluator of talent but his game day coaching is not on a level that we can expect any post season success . Cowboy management and culture is not doing him any favors either .

The way this team is run is so dysfunctional and backward that there really is no hope for success in the post season other than pure luck which Jerry seems to solely rely on but has very little of anymore . Garrett is pretty much the best we can expect in a coach whose top priority has to be keeping Jerrys ego fluffed ahead of winning .

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Personally I think JG is a good leader, all the players like him, he is a player’s coach. What I don’t enjoy is the inability to adjust when it comes to the 2nd half of ball games. It is just ridiculous with opponents adjusting and yet we are doing the same crap as before. I don’t know if that falls on JG or if it falls on the SL. I do think RM has done a decent job with the defense though, considering the talent.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Wrong . Bill has not proven he can even win a playoff game or make it it to a championship without Brady.

That is hard though, cause Brady hasn't proven he can win without Belichick. At least Bill has shown he can bring his team to 11-5 without Brady, yes they didn't make the playoffs but an 11-5 season is something good. That's one of the things that bring me to believe in Belichick over Brady. I think with any decent QB Belichick could lead the Pats to the promised land, I mean honestly how many times have they won with a winning kick from Vinatieri or the Defense playing all out. Its a whole team which Bill brings together with the right players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is hard though, cause Brady hasn't proven he can win without Belichick. At least Bill has shown he can bring his team to 11-5 without Brady, yes they didn't make the playoffs but an 11-5 season is something good. That's one of the things that bring me to believe in Belichick over Brady. I think with any decent QB Belichick could lead the Pats to the promised land, I mean honestly how many times have they won with a winning kick from Vinatieri or the Defense playing all out. Its a whole team which Bill brings together with the right players.
I’m just stating the facts . We can all speculate and spin them from there.

Personally I believe Bill is a great DC and has managed the Cap better than any HC this era.

Tommy and Bill are one of the best QB/HC tandems in NFL history. And it’s doubtful either has the level of success without the other.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Personally I think JG is a good leader, all the players like him, he is a player’s coach. What I don’t enjoy is the inability to adjust when it comes to the 2nd half of ball games. It is just ridiculous with opponents adjusting and yet we are doing the same crap as before. I don’t know if that falls on JG or if it falls on the SL. I do think RM has done a decent job with the defense though, considering the talent.

I agree the players like Jason but he is not able to make the most of there abilities . I feel Jason is good at evaluating and assembling talent and would do his best work for us as GM .
His game day coaching is holding us back . We need someone who can make the adjustments on the fly that has better instincts and can prepare the team better for big games .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree the players like Jason but he is not able to make the most of there abilities . I feel Jason is good at evaluating and assembling talent and would do his best work for us as GM .
His game day coaching is holding us back . We need someone who can make the adjustments on the fly that has better instincts and can prepare the team better for big games .
Of course we do, I think we all can agree but not sure that’s a reality with Jerry being able to bring in a better coach and why having someone like Garrett might be best even if he’s more like a GM on the sidelines than HC.

Personally I feel our lack of elite talent at QB and on defense is holding us back more than our coaching .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Personally I feel our lack of elite talent at QB and on defense is holding us back more than our coaching .

I tend not to agree, though how could you tell if you've never had one or the other? And don't forget the general manager in the mix, things like the Nolan Carroll free agent pick up that were total failures.

I do think there's evidence that coaching is the bigger problem, at least recently, per some game situations such as rushing 3 people in the last Packers loss, not running Elliot in key short yardage situations, etc.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I tend not to agree, though how could you tell if you've never had one or the other? And don't forget the general manager in the mix, things like the Nolan Carroll free agent pick up that were total failures.

I do think there's evidence that coaching is the bigger problem, at least recently, per some game situations such as rushing 3 people in the last Packers loss, not running Elliot in key short yardage situations, etc.

Exactly we have enough talent to win and get deeper into the playoffs but the coaching is holding us back as demonstrated in Garrett having 2 weeks to prepare the team and we have to sit and watch GBs coaching exploit our inability to substitute players on both sides of the ball . Totally unacceptable in playoff football .

I agree with Die hard the reality with Jerry is Garrett is the best we can expect . So building a TOP 5 OLINE and keeping it together is our most important priority because if you can protect your QB get 5 yrds a carry and keep your defense off the field the game stays out of Garretts hand and that gives us a punchers chance against anybody .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Exactly we have enough talent to win and get deeper into the playoffs but the coaching is holding us back as demonstrated in Garrett having 2 weeks to prepare the team and we have to sit and watch GBs coaching exploit our inability to substitute players on both sides of the ball . Totally unacceptable in playoff football .

Sometimes it's a minor thing that hold you back - one player (getting Haley) or coaching moves (putting Randy White back at tackle instead of linebacker, or putting Charlie Waters at safety instead of cornerback), or things working out that could have not worked out (drafting Roger even though he had 4 years of Navy duty before he could play in the NFL).

Who really thought Brady would be drafted in the 6th round and eventually wind up a 5 time SB winning quarterback?

You never know, Cowboys could win the next 2 SBs...

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sometimes it's a minor thing that hold you back - one player (getting Haley) or coaching moves (putting Randy White back at tackle instead of linebacker, or putting Charlie Waters at safety instead of cornerback), or things working out that could have not worked out (drafting Roger even though he had 4 years of Navy duty before he could play in the NFL).

Who really thought Brady would be drafted in the 6th round and eventually wind up a 5 time SB winning quarterback?

You never know, Cowboys could win the next 2 SBs...

Yep I will admit my hopes got high and I thought we might catch lightening in a bottle in Dak and Zekes rookie yr Oline was dominant and we had caught the league a bit by surprise . Anything can happen on any given Sunday