I'm done with Taco

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The problem with Taco is that he is weak, especially in the upper body. The other problem is that he has one move, the bull rush and OTs know that.

Put the kid in the weight room during the offseason, let him watch hours of tape, let DWare coach him up on the practice field, and you will see a totally different player next season.

Giving up on a first round pick after 4 games is just dumb, no offense to the OP. Now if we are sitting here in year 3 and the guy still looks like he did his rookie year, then yea, it was probably a bust pick...........See Byron Jones, our infamous long jumper:rolleyes:
Could be hes just a rookie learning the game. Ware being the 11th pick only had 8 his rookie yr. And this forum was saying the team screwed up because they passed on merriman. IMO Dallas shoudlnt have drafted him. He's a LDE and this team is trying to force him on the right side. But they felt desperate to pick a DE.

Carl Lawson is basically the only rookie DE worth mentioning in the NFL this yr and he has 2.5 sacks

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Could be hes just a rookie learning the game. Ware being the 11th pick only had 8 his rookie yr. And this forum was saying the team screwed up because they passed on merriman. IMO Dallas shoudlnt have drafted him. He's a LDE and this team is trying to force him on the right side. But they felt desperate to pick a DE.

Carl Lawson is basically the only rookie DE worth mentioning in the NFL this yr and he has 2.5 sacks

The thing about Merriman was that nobody knew he was juicing and to be fair, "Lights Out" was dam near unblockable his first three years and was better than Ware. After he got caught for juicing, he then had to "play clean" and not only did his stats drop off a cliff but the injuries piled up as well, which is not uncommon when you stop juicing. Just check out his sacks the first three years in the league, he arguably was the best pass rusher in the league.

He played five more seasons and averaged just 1.2 sacks per season........yea, he was a shell of his former self without juicing

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The thing about Merriman was that nobody knew he was juicing and to be fair, "Lights Out" was dam near unblockable his first three years and was better than Ware. After he got caught for juicing, he then had to "play clean" and not only did his stats drop off a cliff but the injuries piled up as well, which is not uncommon when you stop juicing. Just check out his sacks the first three years in the league, he arguably was the best pass rusher in the league.

He played five more seasons and averaged just 1.2 sacks per season........yea, he was a shell of his former self without juicing

Was all the juice. Trying to rationalize because nobody knew he was juicing makes it a legit argument is funny. A cheater always gets exposed

Verdict

Reaction score
He didn't pick himself at #28. The Cowboys did. People are mad at him for what??? Being the player he has always been? That doesn't make any sense. I could understand people saying they are done with the ownership/coaching staff/FO for drafting him but to be upset with the player is just weird to me.

I think they are saying the pick sucked.

Verdict

Reaction score

Yes. Taco was a reach and is probably at best a LDE. We have plenty of those. We need an impact RDE.

Reach picks seldom work out. Hopefully this one does. I still have hopes for him at LDE. But for now, bench him until he starts showing something.

Verdict

Reaction score
Was all the juice. Trying to rationalize because nobody knew he was juicing makes it a legit argument is funny. A cheater always gets exposed

I'm not sure how anyone was supposed to know he was juicing? Crystal ball, perhaps?

khiladi

Reaction score
Actually they were better than Ware's early on.

Not that much different... the point being the numbers were relatively there to not make the case we should have picked Merriman. The same can't be said with Taco and Wade.

If anything we picked Spears first anyways.

Falco78

Reaction score
Saying you are done with any rookie player a few games into the season is insane...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Not worried about taco. I think he wil definately end up as a rotational 4-5 sack guys for years to come. He's the new Jack Crawford. But there's nothing wrong with that. Teams need jags too. Not everyone can be a stud

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes. Taco was a reach and is probably at best a LDE. We have plenty of those. We need an impact RDE.

Reach picks seldom work out. Hopefully this one does. I still have hopes for him at LDE. But for now, bench him until he starts showing something.
Bench him until he shows something?

Rookies need game experience to improve. Sitting him on a bench does him no good. Might as well release him if that's your plan.

He isn't the starter and a part of the rotation. He has gotten pressure and been fairly decent against the run. I'm so happy some of you guys have no say in how this team is handled.

Verdict

Reaction score
Bench him until he shows something?

Rookies need game experience to improve. Sitting him on a bench does him no good. Might as well release him if that's your plan.

He isn't the starter and a part of the rotation. He has gotten pressure and been fairly decent against the run. I'm so happy some of you guys have no say in how this team is handled.

Actually, that is not really accurate. Players are made in practice. Game experience helps but if you want to win you have to play the best players.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Some of our rookie secondary have shown flashes, made good plays, ints, good hits ect. I expect to see "something" from taco

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, he's the problem. :facepalm:

I can see value in ordering cheese enchiladas, Spanish rice, and refried beans also...but I love carne guisada tacos. I think the best egg taco I ever had was from a cart in Piedras Negras, though.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly. Why wouldn't we expect to see that. It's a first round pick for crying out loud!
Bill Parcells had an expectation limiting view on first round rookies. A very top of the draft may still take 3 to 6 games before making a noticeable contribution. Others have from six to twelve games to reach a starting role, or at least, a contributor.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Actually, that is not really accurate. Players are made in practice. Game experience helps but if you want to win you have to play the best players.
Make up whatever you want but practice will never be able to simulate real life game experience. We aren't talking about winning, we are talking about a rookie that has played in only 4 games and game experience is the most important followed by practice.