I'm done with Taco

Verdict

Reaction score
True, I guess the point is, people are using Merriman should have been picked before Ware as some sort of measure on judging Taco.. Merriman's numbers were not that much different than Ware, the first three years.

Actually they were better than Ware's early on.

manster4ever

Reaction score
He SHOULD be inactive. Might motivate him. Right now he isn't showing ANYTHING.

Sigh....true. I was watching some of the game last night on NFL Network and I hate to say it, but he didn't look real interested in engaging their LT at all. Not saying he' soft, but he plays with NO confidence. Looks about 20 lbs away from being effective frankly.

elcowboi

Reaction score
He didn't pick himself at #28. The Cowboys did. People are mad at him for what??? Being the player he has always been? That doesn't make any sense. I could understand people saying they are done with the ownership/coaching staff/FO for drafting him but to be upset with the player is just weird to me.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Flashes???? How bout you flash back to D. Lawrence is first 4 games.
Yeah, well how about speeding up his progress. We need a good defense now since our offense is fading and we have crappy coaches particularly Garrett.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Just for comparisons sake:

Takk McKinley: 4 tackles 1 sack
Charles Harris: 3 tackles 0 sack
Derek Barnett: 5 tackles 0 sack
Taco Charlton: 3 tackles 0 sack
Soloman Thomas: 12 tackles 1 sack
Jonathan Allen: 10 tackles 1 sack
Myles Garrett: 0

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The problem with Taco is that he is weak, especially in the upper body. The other problem is that he has one move, the bull rush and OTs know that.

Put the kid in the weight room during the offseason, let him watch hours of tape, let DWare coach him up on the practice field, and you will see a totally different player next season.

Giving up on a first round pick after 4 games is just dumb, no offense to the OP. Now if we are sitting here in year 3 and the guy still looks like he did his rookie year, then yea, it was probably a bust pick...........See Byron Jones, our infamous long jumper:rolleyes:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah, well how about speeding up his progress. We need a good defense now since our offense is fading and we have crappy coaches particularly Garrett.

How do you speed up the progress. That’s a strange statement since the only thing to do is have him play and I believe he has been playing.