I'm excited about Sunday for one reason and you can't stop me

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If nothing else...theres a level of excitement just to see what this kid is all about..it's quite remarkable
That's kind of where I am. I'm excited to see what transpires. I haven't a clue whether he's the truth or a lie.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Dak makes this a exciting season. When Romo comes back he'll prove his better
and we will all hold our breath waiting for the next hit./
It's an interesting season
I'm ready

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Sooner or later Dak will have a game like that. I hope not, but it's likely. Then, we'll see how he responds, and then we'll have a better grasp of whether or not he's the future.

I just hope the Garrett and Linehan's game plan isn't to revert to the dink and dunk offense that we saw so much when Romo was injured

jnday

Reaction score
I just hope the Garrett and Linehan's game plan isn't to revert to the dink and dunk offense that we saw so much when Romo was injured
The only way for Dak to have any kind of success is to turn him loose. I watched just about every single one of his college games and I still have some doubts, but dunking and dunking will kill any chance he has of developing.

cross

Reaction score
The only way for Dak to have any kind of success is to turn him loose. I watched just about every single one of his college games and I still have some doubts, but dunking and dunking will kill any chance he has of developing.
Agreed, great thread btw, lot of emotions and anticipation. But DON'T overdrive the ship, let the boy play !!

Sydla

Reaction score
As I said a week or so ago, what's also exciting about this is that with the next draft coming and possibly the 2018 draft being strong QB drafts, the Cowboys lucked out in one sense that they are going to get a real good look at Prescott leading up to those drafts (yes, losing Romo isn't lucky). They'll now have the benefit of knowing whether they have their guy or that they might have to draft another QB shortly.

cross

Reaction score
True, don't handcuff a guy and send him into a bar fight and expect good results. He needs to take his chances when they are favorable, but game plan should allow him to not let defenses cheat, that's the kiss of death.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Zeke is going to stretch the defense one way and Whitehead the other. Dak up the middle has to have the Gmen in knots.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Dak! I'm dreaming big that he's gonna be as great this Sunday as he was during the pre-season. More than anything else, that gets me excited about Sunday. And you can't talk me out of it!!
I'm with you !!! Go DAK and Go Cowboys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:star::starspin::star:

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Dak! I'm dreaming big that he's gonna be as great this Sunday as he was during the pre-season. More than anything else, that gets me excited about Sunday. And you can't talk me out of it!!
Amen :bow: you'll get no arguments from me !

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Dak throws three picks and Dallas loses big, I'm sure the Dak Bandwagon will lighten it's load on the axles rather quickly.......

Sadly, that will be the case instead of everyone realizing that many of the best QBs of all time also struggled in their first season.

There are some unfair expectations for Prescott. ... My hope is that he shows over the course of his starts whether he has the potential to be Romo's replacement. We need to know if Dak is the real thing or if we need to address the QB position again next year with a high pick.

nobody

Reaction score
Sadly, that will be the case instead of everyone realizing that many of the best QBs of all time also struggled in their first season.

There are some unfair expectations for Prescott. ... My hope is that he shows over the course of his starts whether he has the potential to be Romo's replacement. We need to know if Dak is the real thing or if we need to address the QB position again next year with a high pick.

The second Dak has a bad game, the bandwagoners that turned on Romo will turn on Dak. Bank on it.