I'm excited about Sunday for one reason and you can't stop me

rwalters31

Reaction score
Dak! I'm dreaming big that he's gonna be as great this Sunday as he was during the pre-season. More than anything else, that gets me excited about Sunday. And you can't talk me out of it!!
I hope you are right but if this game is dependent on Dak then I have us losing. If we depended on Zeke then I have us maybe winning. No way we can win in a passing dual with the Giants. This is a game where the run wears down the Giants defense then in the fourth quarter Dak can do his thing (screens, swing passes, etc). Keeping our defense on the sideline most of the game is a good thing and keeps them fresh.

PS
Coach Dungy had this to say in another post

"Play run defense early -- load the box on first and second down and make him throw the ball," Dungy said. "Put him in second-and-9s and third-and-10s. Try to get him in passing situations. Then take away the short passes and make him throw the ball down the field. Put the ball in the quarterback's hands, and make him beat you. Make him throw five times every drive. Most of them can't do it early on.

"The belief is if I can force this guy to throw 20 passes, we're going to win the game."

The stats bear Dungy out. Since 1980, there have been 133 quarterbacks who debuted as NFL starters in their rookie seasons. Only 26 of those rookie quarterbacks threw fewer than 20 passes in their debuts. They combined for a 14-12 record. The other 107 quarterbacks who threw 20 or more passes have a combined 29-77-1 record.

Only 43 of those 133 quarterbacks won their debut starts. Fifty-two of them failed to throw a touchdown pass, and 94 threw interceptions.

"Peyton Manning came into the NFL as prepared as you could possibly be to play quarterback," Dungy said. "He had [Hall of Famers] Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison ... and they won only three games.

"Unless you ride the running game, throw 14 passes and have a great defense to win low-scoring games, rookie quarterbacks don't win in the NFL."

Last edited:

Gameover

Reaction score
I wanted to do some research and see how touted was Russell Wilson coming out. Did you know he didn't make Mike Mayocks top 100 list in 2012? So going by Mayocks list, Wilson was a reach when Seattle selected him at 75. He also didn't make his top 5 QB list:Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Kirk Cousins, Brandon Weeden. What does that say about the draft process? The so called best draft guy out there, missed that badly on a prospect. Wilson was viewed as a fourth round pick(by Mayock), and very well could've been a fourth round pick, had Seattle didn't see something in him everybody else didn't see. That is for those who say Wilson was 75 and Dak was 135, not to say Dak will automatically be as good as Wilson, just to say Wilson was lucky a team fail in love with him in the third round.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dak! I'm dreaming big that he's gonna be as great this Sunday as he was during the pre-season. More than anything else, that gets me excited about Sunday. And you can't talk me out of it!!
It's not a dream bro. Come Sunday afternoon, it will be a reality. I'm just as excited as you. This is a rare place for me. Authentic excitement at the start of a season. It has been far too long.

I'm not only excited about Dak. I'm equally excited about watching Zeke eat all afternoon behind that line.

jday

Reaction score
I think now more than anytime I have seen in my time as a Cowboys fan the doubters and naysayers are out in full force. Granted, in the waning hours leading up to Sunday they can be a serious buzz-kill, and admittedly that sucks... especially because even if Dak has the "it" factor, he could still fall flat on his face against the Giants. That is, after all, the general expectation of all rookies regardless of draft position. But think about how sweet it would be if Dak defied those odds and came in playing like he has been there before 1,000 times and made the Giants pay for any shape or form of underestimation...how much of a delight it's gonna be to read all the attempts to explain his ascension to greatness away. I'll be eating it up and washing it down with Giant fan tears. Yum!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak and Zeke.

JDSmith

Reaction score
There is a lot of Dak Dak DAK on this board. But I sincerely hope that Zeke and Morris combine for a lot more carries than Dak does throws. And I'd like some of those throws to be easy screen passes to Zek or Morris.I'll be unhappy if we pass more than 25 in this game. I'd like Zeke to get that many carries and Morris to add another dozen or so.

If we're running well, and I think we will be, everything will be so much more simple for Dak. Third and 4 gives him a ridiculous amount of options that third and 9 doesn't. As long as we run early and often and have success doing it, we're going to put Dak in position to manage the game and help us win. He doesn't need to be pre-season perfect, he just needs to be better than the backups we fielded last year - and I think he will be.

I'm particularly excited to see how the Giants big DL acquisitions look in the 4th quarter, after being bludgeoned for an entire game.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I know it's kinda lame to bring up old threads, but I just gotta say my dream is coming true!! :flagwave: