I'm Going To Faint

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The guy who works in the same office as me is a big time 49ers fan. A fellow Cowboys fan was up here just a couple of minutes ago to talk about the game yesterday.

Kelly (the 49ers fan) said, "I can't believe I'm saying this, I hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl."

He then went on to say that he wants to dislike us, but he can't because he genuinely likes the way Marion Barber, Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware, and Tony Romo play the game and have so much fun at it. He even said he has been amazed at how well Owens has behaved this year. He did let me know he loved the star incident.

He also said, "anyone who doesn't like watching Marion Barber run, just doesn't know what great football is."

I'm stunned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;1761753 said:
The guy who works in the same office as me is a big time 49ers fan. A fellow Cowboys fan was up here just a couple of minutes ago to talk about the game yesterday.

Kelly (the 49ers fan) said, "I can't believe I'm saying this, I hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl."

He then went on to say that he wants to dislike us, but he can't because he genuinely likes the way Marion Barber, Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware, and Tony Romo play the game and have so much fun at it. He even said he has been amazed at how well Owens has behaved this year. He did let me know he loved the star incident.

He also said, "anyone who doesn't like watching Marion Barber run, just doesn't know what great football is."

I'm stunned.

You may want him to repeat it and get it on tape for the future. :laugh2:

SacredStar

Reaction score
You're lucky Hostile.

Where I work, everyone was saying the Cowboys suck and the Packers will steamroll them in November and the playoffs.

It sucks living in Wisconsin sometimes. Packer fans give no respect to anyone.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
SacredStar;1761771 said:
You're lucky Hostile.

Where I work, everyone was saying the Cowboys suck and the Packers will steamroll them in November and the playoffs.

It sucks living in Wisconsin sometimes. Packer fans give no respect to anyone.

Just ask them what Favre's record is in Texas Stadium.

Undisputed

Reaction score
My roommate finally admitted it yesterday.

"ok....Romo is good. Really good." :laugh2:

And look at what are fellow NFC east fans are saying. They have already "accepted" the idea that we may very well make the superbowl. They just hope that the Patriots embarass us. Hilarious.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeah... back in 94 when we lost the NFC title game to the 49'ers and we were out... I routed for the 49ers... cany deny the Great tradition of winning in that franchise even if we did give them that one....

So I bet on SB and took the 49ers and gave up something like 18-20 pts and still covered.... made $1200..... then gave back $500 next year when Boys won SB but didnt cover spread....

I was never so happy losing $500 bucks LOL

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
This coming weekend 5 of us from the office, including a Commanders fan, are heading up to Dallas for the game. This guy's dad, from D.C. is flying down from D.C. with his son in law and is going to meet us there. The dad is a Commander fan, the son in law a Cowboys fan. It should be fun sticking it to these Commanders fans. I can hardly wait!

SacredStar

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1761775 said:
Just ask them what Favre's record is in Texas Stadium.

I brought that up.

They say that Favre is not only breaking QB records, but also breaking so called "spells" this season.

Example : Favre had beaten every NFL team in his career except Kansas City and Denver. Well this year, he beat both teams making him one of a few QB's to ever do that.

Now they say Favre has never won in Dallas, but he will also break that jinx this season.

They believe they are the team of destiny and nobody can stop them, not even the Patriots.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1761788 said:
This coming weekend 5 of us from the office, including a Commanders fan, are heading up to Dallas for the game. This guy's dad, from D.C. is flying down from D.C. with his son in law and is going to meet us there. The dad is a Commander fan, the son in law a Cowboys fan. It should be fun sticking it to these Commanders fans. I can hardly wait!
Man, that just sounds like a total blast to me. Especially the ride home when they have to hear it.

Undisputed

Reaction score
To me it feels like both the Packers and the Cowboys are "Teams of Destiny" this year. I think we are looking to two big showdowns with them this year. Epic showdowns. Favre vs. Romo. Hero vs. Admirer. Master vs. Apprentice. Rocky vs. Tommy Gunn. Obi-wan vs. Vader!

SPHawk

Reaction score
Tell him the Dallas Cowboys called you and told you there was room for one more fan. Tell him the spot is his if he'll convert. :laugh2:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile;1761753 said:

I'm stunned.

Thats what always drove me crazy about Montana and Ronnie Lott I was never able to truly hate them because of the way they played the game. Joe was so cool back there and Ronnie played all out :eek:. Now when Steve Young became the QB it was easy :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1761810 said:
Thats what always drove me crazy about Montana and Ronnie Lott I was never able to truly hate them because of the way they played the game. Joe was so cool back there and Ronnie played all out :eek:. Now when Steve Young became the QB it was easy :D
I agree. I couldn't hate Rice either.

Now Rickey Waters...I couldn't stand him. I hated the way it took the entire team to calm him down and get his head back in a game after a screw up. If we had ever signed him as a FA I might have goen ballistic. Total waste of a roster spot IMO.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I found myself truly liking Owens yesterday. Two TD's. Zero celebration.

Loved it.

Barber is a blast to watch. So is Romo.

But I get the biggest kick out of watching the O Line mangle the opposition. They're not getting the credit they deserve.

And I must say, it's great to be a New Yorker today. :D