I'm losing my excitement for the game

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
As much as I love Cowboyszone, it's an addiction for me. I sit on here reading all day long sometimes, it's dumb. One day, i will disappear from this site and from social media for good, it will be the best thing for all Cowboys fan to do eventually. Back in the 70s and 90s, you could just enjoy football without all of these other distractions. I just wish I could watch on game day and not participate in all the other stuff until game day, but I'm stuck.
I can relate. Football seemed so exciting in the 70’s. America’s Team was born. We had amazing wins and heart breaking losses. Even in the 70’s the stinking Steelers were getting all the calls. Benny Barnes did not interfere with Len Swan. Now there is over saturation of the NFL. I need to live my life and stop blogging. Easier said than done.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Free agency changed everything. Needs an overhaul. I miss the continuity of knowing who the players would be. And there is way to much commercialization and focus on other things besides the flow of the game. The NFL is in danger of over-evolving into irrelevance and loss of revenue.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
EPL better ... no commercials, non stop action, crazy speed, beautiful ball control, rabid fans—NFL sinking slowly— NBA better too
Don't like the NBA better but I agree 100% EPL is much better...I just wish they'd clamp down on all the diving and people falling over pretending to be hurt when an opponent breathes on them.(Football problem worldwide though EPL is most physical league)

Glory glory Man Utd!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't like the NBA better but I agree 100% EPL is much better...I just wish they'd clamp down on all the diving and people falling over pretending to be hurt when an opponent breathes on them.(Football problem worldwide though EPL is most physical league)

Glory glory Man Utd!!!

Up the AFC Bournemouth Cherries! Also, I've noticed a lot of diving in the NFL of late.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The spirit of the game has been watered down by over officiating, rules that don't belong in a gladiator sport. Plus, I miss the days where the players were not choir boys on or off the field. Now they regulate THAT right out of the league. The entire jersey tucked in rule is a prime example!! I miss the days of seeing Earl Campbell run over someone(now you can't if your a RB), then getting his jersey torn off him. I just dunno how the game can sustain its violent intent if the rules remain what they are. Its only gonna get worse and more watered down because we live in a PC world. To be clear,I will keep watchin,but I am starting to get fed up. Goodell must go,that would be a good start.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Then stop watching

And Im not alone. If you look at the ratings and viewership the NFL is in big trouble. Last year was REALLY BAD. It just keeps going down down down. Its not just me, or a bunch of disgruntled old guys. Truth is......... It has become a subpar product. Supply and demand. As the products quality continues to go down,... so does the demand.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And Im not alone. If you look at the ratings and viewership the NFL is in big trouble. Last year was REALLY BAD. It just keeps going down down down. Its not just me, or a bunch of disgruntled old guys. Truth is......... It has become a subpar product. Supply and demand. As the products quality continues to go down,... so does the demand.
Until Goodell is removed,the free fall will continue. He thinks the league is all about him. He's a political guy and he's showing just how myopic he is. Think bout it...he is basically a mob boss. Don Corleone would be jealous.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Yeah I hear you, but nothing will happen to the NFL. They will continue to be around long after we both pass

the_h0wey

Reaction score
And that sucks! Been the most diehard fan of the Cowboys and the NFL in general for almost 45 years now. The excitement just isnt there anymore, at least not like it was. Nothing the Cowboys really did either, more just the state of the league. Free agency and the cap REALLY hurt the game worse than any of some of the younger fans will ever know. It takes years to build a championship caliber team, and one offseason to tear it down because you cant get under the cap.

So lemme get this straight.......You spend a few years really knocking it out of the park come draft day, really doing it right,....and your reward for doing a great job is to sit back and watch half your players leave because you cant pay all the big name players you were smart enuff to draft and groom and still be under the cap. REALLY? By the same token,.... you spend years drafting a bunch of worthless BUMS and your reward is having plenty of money to sign as many talented players as you want away from the teams who were proficient at their job. REALLY? The NFL is actually penalizing excellence and rewarding failure......... NOT GOOD.

Other thing is all the rule changes. D.B's are pretty much defenseless nowadays. You touch someone....... penalty. All to promote passing. The game doesnt even resemble the great game I grew up loving.

Goodell and his crap and unfair treatment of our team. Its just too much anymore.

Players SOOOO STUPID that they cant stop stepping on their own johnsons and getting suspended all the time. Its just on and on and on.

I'll always be a big fan,... but it will NEVER be what it once was. Real shame too.
Sucks for you nerd

CapnCook

Reaction score
Reviews and penalties are what have robbed the game of its excitement, for me at least. Nothing is final anymore. Big play, wait to see if there’s a flag. Turnover/TD, wait a few minutes and get some commercials in while it’s reviewed. It has made for very anti-climatic moments, that used to be jump out of your seat moments.

Exactly!

Catch in the end zone, look for flags, go to commercial, wait for review, result finally announced incomplete because the receiver didn't have their pinkie up.

GORICO

Reaction score
And that sucks! Been the most diehard fan of the Cowboys and the NFL in general for almost 45 years now. The excitement just isnt there anymore, at least not like it was. Nothing the Cowboys really did either, more just the state of the league. Free agency and the cap REALLY hurt the game worse than any of some of the younger fans will ever know. It takes years to build a championship caliber team, and one offseason to tear it down because you cant get under the cap.

So lemme get this straight.......You spend a few years really knocking it out of the park come draft day, really doing it right,....and your reward for doing a great job is to sit back and watch half your players leave because you cant pay all the big name players you were smart enuff to draft and groom and still be under the cap. REALLY? By the same token,.... you spend years drafting a bunch of worthless BUMS and your reward is having plenty of money to sign as many talented players as you want away from the teams who were proficient at their job. REALLY? The NFL is actually penalizing excellence and rewarding failure......... NOT GOOD.

Other thing is all the rule changes. D.B's are pretty much defenseless nowadays. You touch someone....... penalty. All to promote passing. The game doesnt even resemble the great game I grew up loving.

Goodell and his crap and unfair treatment of our team. Its just too much anymore.

Players SOOOO STUPID that they cant stop stepping on their own johnsons and getting suspended all the time. Its just on and on and on.

I'll always be a big fan,... but it will NEVER be what it once was. Real shame too.
Hayseed-- I could not have said it better..been a fan since super bowl 5 when we suffered crushing loss to the Colts in the turnover game...but just seeing that star on the helmet looked so cool when i was in 6th grade...been a fan ever since...but i agree the parity of the league and not based on excellence