I'm loving this offseason

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Basically
Don’t know why fans like you even bother following the Cowboys anymore. If I reached the point some of you have I would find something else better to do than keep up with the Cowboys. You probably haven’t been following the team long. If the team gets as bad as some of you are hoping you’ll probably lose complete interest.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not going to be a long-winded post. I’m gonna get right to the point.

I never believed in this group whatsoever.

You go down 27-0 At halftime to the Green Bay Packers a team that lost to Tommy DeVito two weeks prior - You do not deserve a rerun you do not deserve a second and third shot.
You do not deserve to have players added Onto the pack of losers that went out there and stained the Star.

Tyron Smith had to go - Neville Gallimore stunk - Tony Pollard didn’t break a run all season and you never give a running back a second contract - Gallup awful … Biadaz Way overmatched - Armstrong inconsistent.
Fowler Jr I liked but he’s aged too.

I won’t miss one stiff

I hope Gilmore is gone as well - washed.

Rico great resigning - Now go get me a center in RD 1 or trade down - draft a tackle - RB - LB - WR.

Pick up a couple smart free agent signings on the cheap —- And see what happens.

Stop complaining, and crying about moves and no moves. This is exactly what has needed to happen to this franchise for over a decade.

I would love to see an offense of line next year that has Hoffman and or TJ Bass with Jackson Powers Johnson up the shoot with Ferguson and Schoonmaker ( I think he can play ) on the outside.

I’m going with the belief that Jimmy set Jerry straight here.

In any event - planned of Jerry stupidity - this is where we belong.
Great post!

rambo2

Reaction score
Hasn't sniffed a NFCCG game in 28 years = incredibly well run franchise

You really can't make stuff up like this.

Now in fairness, maybe XXLMike is talking about how much money they make, which admittedly, when it comes to filling suitcases with cash, Jerry is incredibly adept.
Whe you get the 2 spot you are sniffing. They just had some allergies kick in that stuffed up their nose.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wasn't expecting much this offseason - but the "All in" comment is what got everyone so fired up at what they've done.

rambo2

Reaction score
Odds are heavily against them winning the division again.

In fact, as it stands now, barring a miraculous draft, they will go into 2024 with a less talented team.
Really? What are the current odds?

SBWinner

Reaction score

You go down 27-0 At halftime to the Green Bay Packers a team that lost to Tommy DeVito two weeks prior - You do not deserve a rerun you do not deserve a second and third shot.
You do not deserve to have players added Onto the pack of losers that went out there and stained the Star.

Tyron Smith had to go - Neville Gallimore stunk - Tony Pollard didn’t break a run all season and you never give a running back a second contract - Gallup awful … Biadaz Way overmatched - Armstrong inconsistent.

I won’t miss one stiff

Rico great resigning - Now go get me a center in RD 1 or trade down - draft a tackle - RB - LB - WR.

Pick up a couple smart free agent signings on the cheap —- And see what happens.

Stop complaining, and crying about moves and no moves. This is exactly what has needed to happen to this franchise for over a decade.

I would love to see an offense of line next year that has Hoffman and or TJ Bass with Jackson Powers Johnson up the shoot with Ferguson and Schoonmaker ( I think he can play ) on the outside.

I do not disagree at all. We can all ***** about the ownership, we we often do and it is justified.

However, if they plan on blowing the current roster up and rebuilding around their new young talent, I am very good with it. Obviously I would prefer some tweaks and some 'all-in' signings to get the team over the top, but I am not sure this team can get there given how it is constructed. And yes I do realize it is management that put this team together, which was a couple of players and scheme changes away from being a serious contender. But I think anyone with eyeballs at this point realizes this is not a Superbowl winning roster as currently constructed.

We were too soft defensively and Zimmer should help fix that. I think management understands more about this team's current problems than we give them credit for. The litmus test will be Dak. If they resign him then a) we know they are still being idiots with roster management and b) it nearly guarantees we will not compete seriously in the playoffs. That will tell us whether management is serious about REALLY contending or whether they are comfortable with status quo.

I also do not buy the complaints from fans that the team does not spend money. They pretty much max out cap each year; it is simply how the cap is managed and which players are being selected to fit within a specific scheme.

The changes need to come in the form of a better system designed to compete in the playoffs and to maximize the value of the draft picks we get. Free agency is overrated, but should be used judiciously to fill holes without blowing the cap. But is not not the talent acquisition as much as it is building a system and fitting the right talent into it within the existing cap system. Other teams do it, the Cowboys simply need to be better at it than they have been.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am looking more forward to the schedule release than the draft for now.
I still look forward to the draft. The schedule release has become way overblown. They do a countdown and have shows dedicated to it. I really don’t care much about it because we pretty much already know who we’re going to play. The order makes little difference to me.

rambo2

Reaction score
Odds are heavily against them winning the division again.

In fact, as it stands now, barring a miraculous draft, they will go into 2024 with a less talented team.
I looked up the current odds and it looks like the Cowboys are a slight favorite over the Eagles.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I won’t miss one stiff

Good post, but no one is complaining about those guys leaving, are they?. Except maybe Tyron.

The complaints are that the Jones aren't hiring any new guys with needs all over the place.

1942willys

Reaction score
Whe you get the 2 spot you are sniffing. They just had some allergies kick in that stuffed up their nose.
No, you are not sniffing unless you get it done in the playoffs. That is the difference between pretenders which was are now and contenders.

Sydla

Reaction score
When you get bounced by double digits to the last seeded team at home, no, you weren't sniffing.

It's actually quite bizarre how so many Cowboys fans continually lower the bar of what constitutes success for these guys.