Video: I'm not getting the Jaylon Smith hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I personally think the pick was a luxury this team can't afford. We aren't New England or Denver or freaking Arizona for that matter where we can redshirt a high second round pick.

I would have preferred a trade down in round 2 and pick up 1 or two more guys that can contribute this year. The selections of Ogbah and Dodd really screwed the draft room up and they felt forced to take Smith imo.

As a player I like Smith but he is a small LBer in the Sean Lee mold but more athletic. A bigger Dexter Coakley. If he recovers I see him making all kinds of plays.

Hopefully the defense doesn't hold this team back this year and we regret not using our resources for more immediate return.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I personally think the pick was a luxury this team can't afford. We aren't New England or Denver or freaking Arizona for that matter where we can redshirt a high second round pick.

I would have preferred a trade down in round 2 and pick up 1 or two more guys that can contribute this year. The selections of Ogbah and Dodd really screwed the draft room up and they felt forced to take Smith imo.

As a player I like Smith but he is a small LBer in the Sean Lee mold but more athletic. A bigger Dexter Coakley. If he recovers I see him making all kinds of plays.

Hopefully the defense doesn't hold this team back this year and we regret not using our resources for more immediate return.

With a healthy Romo and Dez we'll smoke arizona . We are a better team.

kevm3

Reaction score
For a second rounder, if we can even get a 2014 version of Rolondo McClain without the baggage, I'll be more than happy. I thought 2014 was going to be one of our worst years due to guys like Ware, Hatcher, etc. leaving and Sean Lee being out. McClain revitalized that defense.

conner01

Reaction score
I remember many fans saying Merriman was better than Ware. fans aren't always the best judge of players

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm also not thrilled with you using a second-rounder on someone who can't immediately contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.