I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont often agree with you but I will here.(I get your not talking to me). Virtually 80% of this board can be hypocritical maybe even more. I know I can be and its about the player we like and supporting them. The biggest chunk (not all) of the Dak deniers gave Romo passes for coming up short due to untimely turnovers or a defense that let a lead get away or offensive line issues but wont for Dak . There is also a fair chunk of prescott supporters that give him a pass for the same things they crucified romo for. ( I admit I have fell in this group at times)

I dont make any bones about it i cant stand Zeke as a player. Hes not a likeable player IMO and i feel his skillset has been over rated especially here and its declining not to mention RB are a dime a dozen. You love Zeke and you make no bones about it and will defend him at all cost. I give you props for your consisrency.Some of the posters just want to be right regardless and their approach isnt the best which leads to the constant berating that will never go away no matter how hard you try and reason.

I cant stand Steven A and his act but hes right about dallas fans we can be some of the worst. The negativity on this board while understandable reaches extremes.
Thank you for your comment, Star. I make the assumption that when I comment, even with a quote....I am talking to all of us, and comments are okay from others.

I actually do, if you recall, have some criticism for zeke. I did not support his holdout, immediate contract, nor the size of the contract. I'd hoped he'd honor the contract he signed. He came back out of shape, imo. I think he's gone through a few stretches of being easily tackled, but it appears he was effected by or protecting injuries.

I don;t expect him to be 2016 Zeke. Who is? Very few. I still think he is worthy NFL RB, that teams STILL game plan to stop.

I admit I have given you some grief for your zeke position, but end of the day, you are entitled to it. The difference here is you also allow mine. With MOSTLY good natured kidding of course. :p

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got to get to a championship first, hell maybe even just a division. That won’t be happening bc dak is just bad.
I wonder if there's actually some stat or review that shows dak's effectiveness against good teams. I am note sure obscene passing stat is one.

I think our record in our division versus other teams might be one?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Can we all get together and agree on one thing?

Which is that this thread deserves to reach 50 pages and we all need to come together to make it happen.

Thank you and God bless.

Reactions: G2

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I wonder if there's actually some stat or review that shows dak's effectiveness against good teams. I am note sure obscene passing stat is one.

I think a comparison of those stats has to be done for all the QBs and then compared relatively. looking at any QBs stat in a silo is meaningless.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You want to hear a crazy stat?

Dak Prescott once threw for 463 yards against the Green Bay Packers.

He threw 3 INTs in that loss and had ZERO, yes, ZERO passing yards on 3rd down. Surprisingly, we lost.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

This is the most recent I could fine. It is from after the Arizona game last year.

I don't like giving the QB W/L personally, but they chose to use that, so yeah. They did show the difference in TD/INT ratio when compared to bad teams vs good teams.

"Against the NFC East, he's 16-2. It's easily the worst division in the league. He's 14-20 against everybody else. Against the NFC East, he's a Pro Bowler, he's got a 109 quarterback rating. Against everybody else, he's a guy, not terrible, but a B/B+ guy. The last four seasons, against teams with winning records, he's 8-17. That's just .500 or better, and the TD-INT ratio is insane against bad teams (41-24 vs. teams over .500; 52-9 vs. teams under .500)."

"Is Kirk Cousins in a slump, or does he occasionally have really good Sundays, but against good teams, he just is what he is? That's where I am with Dak. Kirk Cousins is a B to B+ guy, Dak is a B to B+ guy. By the way, that's with good weapons, competent tight ends, star receivers, the No. 1 offensive line for some of those years, better-than-average running backs. Now they've got a good defense. So with four years of data, is it a slump, or is he just not a guy that can carry a team against good teams?"

DonaldM

Reaction score
I want the Dak against the Steelers in 2016 I think it was. (I know before defences figured him out). DTD. Dart throwing Dak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When Dak Prescott enters a room, he doesn’t turn the lights on, he turns the dark off.

basel90

Reaction score
You want to hear a crazy stat?

Dak Prescott once threw for 463 yards against the Green Bay Packers.

He threw 3 INTs in that loss and had ZERO, yes, ZERO passing yards on 3rd down. Surprisingly, we lost.
This is the problem with Dak . Essentially he has an average overall capability. Will have elite stats against weak teams and some good defenses will give him some good looks ,but in crunch times against pressing defenses he gets rattled . That is the difference between just a guy and elite QBs. For the cowboys to take it to the next level and compensate for the front office mess of picks and team structure , an elite QB is needed , which is not what we have in Dak.

I think this coming season will confirm that as the cowboys are getting ready for a 8-9 loss season or worse and the reality about dak will set in . I also think the cowboys should grab a good back up while they can as dak is becoming injury prone .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a comparison of those stats has to be done for all the QBs and then compared relatively. looking at any QBs stat in a silo is meaningless.
I don;t disagree with that. The point is to get some perspective on some of these stats. Like for example...300+ yards is fine. But against whom? What was the score? That kind of thing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the most recent I could fine. It is from after the Arizona game last year.

I don't like giving the QB W/L personally, but they chose to use that, so yeah. They did show the difference in TD/INT ratio when compared to bad teams vs good teams.

"Against the NFC East, he's 16-2. It's easily the worst division in the league. He's 14-20 against everybody else. Against the NFC East, he's a Pro Bowler, he's got a 109 quarterback rating. Against everybody else, he's a guy, not terrible, but a B/B+ guy. The last four seasons, against teams with winning records, he's 8-17. That's just .500 or better, and the TD-INT ratio is insane against bad teams (41-24 vs. teams over .500; 52-9 vs. teams under .500)."

"Is Kirk Cousins in a slump, or does he occasionally have really good Sundays, but against good teams, he just is what he is? That's where I am with Dak. Kirk Cousins is a B to B+ guy, Dak is a B to B+ guy. By the way, that's with good weapons, competent tight ends, star receivers, the No. 1 offensive line for some of those years, better-than-average running backs. Now they've got a good defense. So with four years of data, is it a slump, or is he just not a guy that can carry a team against good teams?"
Okay...agreed...W/L is..mostly..a team stat. A single player or even one single play can effect that stat...not sure anyone keeps track of THAT!

But yes....what you posted is a start. Interesting.

And dare I say...your post is NOT "full of pure unadulterated vile hate" that some might claim. Does this make me a Mountaineer homer?