I'm not sure Dallas controls its own destiny....

Don Corleone

Reaction score
SilberBlau;2515677 said:
Minn is no problem. If they go 10-6 they win the division. There is NO way they come into the WC picture since Atlanta has 10 wins and we play Philly, so either us or the Eagles go over 9 wins even with a tie

3 teams are eligible for the wildcard, and that is Dallas, Tampa, and Philly (even with their loss today).

Minnesota has to win their division, as would Chicago. Neither team comes into the wildcard picture.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Biggems;2515680 said:
If GB wins on Monday.....goodbye to Chicago.

We need Carolina to win tonight. That way they clinch their Division and we can hope for tie breakers vs TB.

Doesn't matter if Carolina wins the division or not. It's between Carolina/Atlanta now for the division. TB can't win it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i hear all this about scenario whatever. but i dont see how anybody would think that dallas doesnt get into the playoffs with a win at philly. dallas owns the tiebreaker over the bucs because they beat TB. dallas has to lose for minny to make it with a win for them. and a TB loss. i think its dallas wins and theyre in

goshan

Reaction score
We have same conference record if we both win.

Common Opponents:

Tampa
Dal-W, Minn-Loss
GB
Dal-W, Minn - Win/Loss
Arizona
Dal - Loss, Minn-Win
Giants
Dal - 1 Win, 1 Loss, Minn - Win

Record
Dal 3-3
Min 3-3

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
thekavorka;2515687 said:
Doesn't matter if Carolina wins the division or not. It's between Carolina/Atlanta now for the division. TB can't win it.

Yeah I just looked it up and saw that...but i had already posted

Bizwah

Reaction score
It looks like Westbrook may be hurt.

That certainly works in our favor.

He's the only player they have that worries me.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Bizwah;2515699 said:
It looks like Westbrook may be hurt.

That certainly works in our favor.

He's the only player they have that worries me.

At this point, we'll take any advantage we can get. Our team is pretty banged up too.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2515727 said:
Fox just confirmed that Dallas is in the playoffs with a win.
Let's go kick some butt next Sunday. I truly believe if we make the playoffs we are going to the Super Bowl. Don't ask me why but I just believe.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They mentioned tonight, on NBC, during the highlights, and earlier today on Fox during the post game, that Dallas wins and they're in. Period.

So that's how it rolls now that Tampa lost. Dallas wins and they're in.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
1) Minnesota and Chicago can only get in by winning their division. The team that doesn't win that division is 100% OUT of the playoffs. Neither is a threat to the wildcard.

2) Dallas needs to win to get in. Plain and simple. The 3 teams against Dallas for the last spot are Eagles and Bucs. We win and we're in.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Remember October 26 when Brad Johnson led us to a win against Tampa Bay! We win, we're in...period!!

willia451

Reaction score
LatinMind;2515723 said:
like i just said. fox just said dallas wins theyre in. PERIOD
Thank God. Now maybe everybody will shut up. You tell 'em over and over, we win, we're in. But its like no, no, what about......... etc etc.

Go Cowboys!!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If St. Louis somehow beats the Falcons, the Cowboys could still be the 5th seed I think also. Steven Jackson had a 100 yd game so he may be healthy now.

FanSince61

Thanks for the memories Dandy
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2515786 said:
If St. Louis somehow beats the Falcons, the Cowboys could still be the 5th seed I think also. Steven Jackson had a 100 yd game so he may be healthy now.

Sounds right to me. Right now Atlanta is the 5th seed and we are the 6th, but with a Atlanta loss and our win we move to the 5th seed.

noletime95

Reaction score
Sounds official on the networks........there is a scenario that concerned regarding Tampa....

Three way tie between CHI, Tampa and Dallas. Head to head doesn't apply in a three way tie unless all the teams play each other, or one beats both, or one loses to both. That isn't the case here.

So you go to conference record. Dallas and Tampa are tied there. Then you go to common oppenents.......doesn't apply (need four opponents). Then strength of victory. Hard to tell.....very close.

I suppose once CHI is eliminated by conf record, Dallas's win over Tampa takes precedence because they default back to the 2 team tiebreak?

Either way, glad Dallas controls it's own destiny.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
The 5th seed gets to go play a (possibly) .500 team in Arizona. That would be huge.

The 6th seed either has to play at Minnesota or at Chicago. I think Minnesota is the better team, but I definitely would not want to be playing AT Chicago because of the weather.