I'm Shocked No One Claimed Josh Ball

plasticman

Reaction score
I know some players were signed after clearing waivers but did any Cowboys players actually get picked up off waivers?

kskboys

Reaction score
He played against the raiders starters and looked good
He played against the Raiders starters? I doubt that, unless he started the game. They didn't keep their starters in for long at all. Did Crosby even play?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
clearly the rest of the league thinks he is worthless; much better cred than you have
I did not say he was an all pro, or all that good. I said give him another chance.
Which my crew is better than one the constantly whines and is doom and gloom about even the good news.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can can me crazy, or lean on your previous evaluations of the guy, but I watched every preseason snap for each lineman. Ball, Guyton, and Richards were all top tier performers on the line. Beene came on strong game 2/3, but those three were consistently outstanding. I heard he got really good PFF grades which also tracks.

He’s not a very good tackle but neither are Edoga or Walrtzko, and he is a really good guard. He was better than Bass and Hoffman easily.

If Martin went down, he’d be my first choice to step in. I wonder why the FO was so confident he would clear waivers
Keep in mind that PFF is win rate vs. who was on the field.
Preseason Players << Season Players

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
PFF is already a bit sketchy in terms of their analysis -- particularly with small samples -- Gee, Ball looked alright going against third stringers! Can't imagine why he wasn't snatched up?
PFF is what it is.
People who mistake Preseason PFF with Season PFF are not the fault of PFF.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He played against the Raiders starters? I doubt that, unless he started the game. They didn't keep their starters in for long at all. Did Crosby even play?
Saw a video evaluating Beebe and Guyton against the Raiders. Think Crosby did play, as did their starting DT.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You can can me crazy, or lean on your previous evaluations of the guy, but I watched every preseason snap for each lineman. Ball, Guyton, and Richards were all top tier performers on the line. Beene came on strong game 2/3, but those three were consistently outstanding. I heard he got really good PFF grades which also tracks.

He’s not a very good tackle but neither are Edoga or Walrtzko, and he is a really good guard. He was better than Bass and Hoffman easily.

If Martin went down, he’d be my first choice to step in. I wonder why the FO was so confident he would clear waivers

If Martin goes down, Bass will be the first one in.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I did not say he was an all pro, or all that good. I said give him another chance.
Which my crew is better than one the constantly whines and is doom and gloom about even the good news.
jethro minions always circle the wagons