I'm sick and tired of the bashing and pessimism about this team!

Reaction score
Look I'm sick and tired of the negativety over this team. I hear the same garbage over and over:

We are too old?

Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah?

The line is too old and overrated?

We have no speed at WR?

The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake?

Anthony Henry was a waste of money?

Terrance Newman is a bust?

Roy Williams can't tackle?

We have the worse linebackers in the league?

Parcells time has passed?

We are too old?

We are no beter than 3rd place in the division?

GIVE ME A BREAK! THIS GARBAGE MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!

Look Drew Bledsoe is a solid quarterback first off. He's way better than Vinny, Quincy or any of the other trash that's played the position since Aikman. I'm sick of people knocking this guy when all he's done is pass for 40,000 yards and put up solid numbers his whole career. Is he a statue? Absolutely, but I like his chances on a team better suited and more talented than Buffalo is. That team was a joke. The only reason Bledsoe was cut was to save money and he didn't fit into the game plan. Also their idiot GM don't know how to treat NFL players. Look at the whole Travis Henry thing. Drew will flourish in a parcells system. Julius will be the focal point, and Witten will destroy defenses with Bledsoe finding him downfield. Leave Bledsoe alone and give him a chance before you criticize him.

We had the best offseason in the league. Bringing in proven veterans and drafting key players on defense. If we can go 6-10 during a 'transition' season I have know doubt we can be at least a 10 win team with what we've added. Aaron Glenn was a steal, Ferguson is still a force (both parcells guys by the way). Henry will be an excellent fit despite the critism. Rivera still has a season or two left if his back is ok. Julius Jones should be a beast and lead the NFC in rushing, and if he can't last the season....by the way we did sign a 1000 yard rusher in A-Train Thomas. Witten is entering his prime and it's scary to think of how his numbers will get even better with Drew throwing to him.

The bottom line: Give this team a chance, we are obviously built to win now. I'm not concerned with the deadskins. Eli Manning and the Giants are not on par with us. The Egirls are the only concern, but there time has passeda and all good things must come to an end. Lets get optimistic because Big D is back and it's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours: The NFC East and NFC Superiority. I honestly look at the schedule and see 12-4 written all over it!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
Look I'm sick and tired of the negativety over this team. I hear the same garbage over and over:

We are too old?

We have no speed at WR?

We are too old?

Look Drew Bledsoe is a solid quarterback first off. He's way better than Vinny, Quincy or any of the other trash that's played the position since Aikman. I'm sick of people knocking this guy when all he's done is pass for 40,000 yards and put up solid numbers his whole career. Is he a statue? Absolutely, but I like his chances on a team better suited and more talented than Buffalo is. That team was a joke. The only reason Bledsoe was cut was to save money and he didn't fit into the game plan. Also their idiot GM don't know how to treat NFL players. Look at the whole Travis Henry thing. Drew will flourish in a parcells system. Julius will be the focal point, and Witten will destroy defenses with Bledsoe finding him downfield. Leave Bledsoe alone and give him a chance before you criticize him.

We had the best offseason in the league. Bringing in proven veterans and drafting key players on defense. If we can go 6-10 during a 'transition' season I have know doubt we can be at least a 10 win team with what we've added. Aaron Glenn was a steal, Ferguson is still a force (both parcells guys by the way). Henry will be an excellent fit despite the critism. Rivera still has a season or two left if his back is ok. Julius Jones should be a beast and lead the NFC in rushing, and if he can't last the season....by the way we did sign a 1000 yard rusher in A-Train Thomas. Witten is entering his prime and it's scary to think of how his numbers will get even better with Drew throwing to him.

The bottom line: Give this team a chance, we are obviously built to win now. I'm not concerned with the deadskins. Eli Manning and the Giants are not on par with us. The Egirls are the only concern, but there time has passeda and all good things must come to an end. Lets get optimistic because Big D is back and it's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours: The NFC East and NFC Superiority. I honestly look at the schedule and see 12-4 written all over it!

Feel Better now? LOL You’re always going to get different views on a site like this and some extreme views at that just the way it is. Just keep the faith and pull for the boys and just try and remember these quotes around here are just opinion take them for what they are worth.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Stopped reading after this. My word of advice, deal with it, everyones opinion is valid.

TheHustler

Reaction score

no one is making you read it....

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I say we are winning our sixth Super Bowl this year! How's that?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. The only teams I'm worried about are the Vikings and Panthers.

LOL you should see what the homeristic Eagles fans say though. They think we will be lucky to win ONE division game this year. And that the cardinals, seahawks, rams, bears, detroit, all other NFC trash are better than us. Reality is coming to Philadelphia soon and I can't wait. I keep reminding them that they've been to 2 superbowls in 20+ years and were crushed in both.

God i can't wait until the critics shut their mouths after this season when we shock the world. I wouldn't even consider us a dark horse considering how loaded this team is!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We are too old? I don't read that here too often. Very few think that on this forum.

Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah? I don't think I've read that anyone thinks he's worse than Vinny. If any think that, it's only a select few on the lunatic fringe.

The line is too old and overrated? I haven't read that here.

We have no speed at WR? Again, most say Glenn and Morgan can stretch the field.

The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake? Some say that our personnel are a better fit for a 4-3... but all agree that switching back and forth between both schemes will be beneficial... and that's what we're going to do.

Anthony Henry was a waste of money? I haven't heard that anywhere short of a Commanders board. Where have you been reading?

Terrance Newman is a bust? Who said that?

Roy Williams can't tackle? Again... What? I haven't read that.

We have the worse linebackers in the league? Some here aren't thrilled with our LB's... but I haven't read anyone calling them the worst. Even if one or two said that... that hardly calls for you blasting the entire forum for it.

Parcells time has passed? Like I said... a few on the lunatic fringe.

We are too old? Not many think this.

We are no beter than 3rd place in the division? Only a few have said this.

Some of the people here think a few of the things you wrote... but most are realisticly optimistic and post their concerns here. Nothing wrong with that.

I personally am year-in and year-out too optimistic, but that's just me. Complete negativity wears on me and starts to aggrivate me after a while. I don't get that here at the Zone except for a few posters who do it as their MO.

I don't see where you're reading all of this negative stuff.

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
We are too old? I don't read that here too often. Very few think that on this forum.

Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah? I don't think I've read that anyone thinks he's worse than Vinny. If any think that, it's only a select few on the lunatic fringe.

The line is too old and overrated? I haven't read that here.

We have no speed at WR? Again, most say Glenn and Morgan can stretch the field.

The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake? Some say that our personnel are a better fit for a 4-3... but all agree that switching back and forth between both schemes will be beneficial... and that's what we're going to do.

Anthony Henry was a waste of money? I haven't heard that anywhere short of a Commanders board. Where have you been reading?

Terrance Newman is a bust? Who said that?

Roy Williams can't tackle? Again... What? I haven't read that.

We have the worse linebackers in the league? Some here aren't thrilled with our LB's... but I haven't read anyone calling them the worst. Even if one or two said that... that hardly calls for you blasting the entire forum for it.

Parcells time has passed? Like I said... a few on the lunatic fringe.

We are too old? Not many think this.

We are no beter than 3rd place in the division? Only a few have said this.

Some of the people here think a few of the things you wrote... but most are realisticly optimistic and post their concerns here. Nothing wrong with that.

I personally am year-in and year-out too optimistic, but that's just me. Complete negativity wears on me and starts to aggrivate me after a while. I don't get that here at the Zone except for a few posters who do it as their MO.

I don't see where you're reading all of this negative stuff.

Dude it's out there, maybe I'm just more angry reading the garbage on other teams boards than I am here. The Eagles are a freakin joke! No way that team is 14-2 like the homers think. IMO we are going to sweep the giants and deadskins. And I like our chances to do the same to the Eagles, but realistically we will split with them. But yes we are only using the 3-4 as a base, doesn't mean we won't be showing all different kinds of looks given the talent we have now.

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
Dude it's out there, maybe I'm just more angry reading the garbage on other teams boards than I am here. The Eagles are a freakin joke! No way that team is 14-2 like the homers think. IMO we are going to sweep the giants and deadskins. And I like our chances to do the same to the Eagles, but realistically we will split with them. But yes we are only using the 3-4 as a base, doesn't mean we won't be showing all different kinds of looks given the talent we have now.

And then we're gonna sign TY LAW!!!!!
And then we're gonna sweep the NFC EAST!!!!!!
And then... and then we're gonna go all the way to Detroit and win the Superbowl, YEAHHHH!!!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know I don't care for the negative stuff all the time, and the constant bickering gets old...however....

valium.jpg

V is for Valium

:p: ;) :cool:

blindzebra

Reaction score

So you exaggerate everything you wrote, overlook some valid concerns this team has, then talk about what homers other team's fans are while talking about sweeping our division.

Pot meet kettle.:D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

We are too old?

We have no speed at WR?

We are too old?

And this is better? OK then.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score

We are too old?

We have no speed at WR?

We are too old?

Someone needs a heavy dose of Prozac :rolleyes:

And no, Drew Bledsoe is not better NOW than Quincy Carter. He was once, but not anymore.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Someone needs a heavy dose of Prozac :rolleyes:

And no, Drew Bledsoe is not better NOW than Quincy Carter. He was once, but not anymore.

Bledsoe will be a still be a better QB than Carter even after they put him 6 feet under.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Bledsoe will be a still be a better QB than Carter even after they put him 6 feet under.

*sigh*

And to think, before he was kicked off the team he was our savior. Now he's horrid. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
*sigh*

And to think, before he was kicked off the team he was our savior. Now he's horrid. :rolleyes:

He was never my savior, I guess he must have been yours. Sorry I did not cry over Steve Puller,Gary Hogeboom and Chad Hutchinson why in the hell would I be upset about Carter.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
He was never my savior, I guess he must have been yours. Sorry I did not cry over Steve Puller,Gary Hogeboom and Chad Hutchinson why in the hell would I be upset about Carter.

The mention of the name Hogeboom...still gives me stomach cramps. :(

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The mention of the name Hogeboom...still gives me stomach cramps. :(

That whole list of OB's give me nightmares. Each man got his shot and none proved themselfs as the ansewer to this team

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

Finally somebody that makes sense answers my post :bow:

I think the problem is most cowboys fans are delusional and actually believe that Buffalo had a good team, and that is why Drew is supposedly a bad QB. But then again he had a career year in 02', but struggled in 03'(when his weapons were taken away), and then started off slow in 04' and then caught fire down the stretch when buffalo's younger players on offense provided help.

The bottom line is that line is atrocious in Buffalo. So if drew could manage average numbers 2 out of 3 years there, he will definitely do well playing with a real line and a tight end. Quincy Carter is a bum, and if he took this team to the playoff's, logic tells me Drew should take us to the NFC Championship at worse. But once again it's all about the Defense and running game, that is what will ultimately determine our fate.