Imagine a Physical Defense and a Physical Running Game

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be great if we could go into this off season and get more physical players. Yes we're cap strapped, but we can make moves to get more space freed up. Wouldn't it be great to get physical defenders that oppose their will on offenses, and then we on offense get better at the OL, and focus on developing a ground and pound running offense that's physical and wears out opposing defenses?

Moves like this would help to shape our identity, and make us more physical especially in the playoffs and during the season. What are your thoughts on being more physical to destroy opposing teams. There comes a point where you have to stop being punched on, and you do the punching!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be great if we could go into this off season and get more physical players. Yes we're cap strapped, but we can make moves to get more space freed up. Wouldn't it be great to get physical defenders that oppose their will on offenses, and then we on offense get better at the OL, and focus on developing a ground and pound running offense that's physical and wears out opposing defenses?

Moves like this would help to shape our identity, and make us more physical especially in the playoffs and during the season. What are your thoughts on being more physical to destroy opposing teams. There comes a point where you have to stop being punched on, and you do the punching!!!
Hold it, Cooglepickles, you just wanted a CB high in the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is it, you don't get both.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Well in Dallas you have to imagine it, because you aint seeing it.
Not with this soft as Charmin team.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Cowboys could have that if they extended Dak and actually bring in some real free agents. This offseason will be real interesting if they get the extension with Prescott before the start of free agency.

I have my doubts because the Joneses are going to use Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons extensions as excuses as they always do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hold it, Cooglepickles, you just wanted a CB high in the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is it, you don't get both.
If I said that, I didn't have my morning coffee yet!!!! I don't want it high as that to me isn't a pressing need. It's a need if we lose Gilly, but not a Top tier/top 3 need right out of the gate. I would prefer having Bland in the slot than being an outside CB that's all

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ahhh the Ravens 2000 defense and a new Rookie Zeke dream scenario?
It's a fantasy unless the NFL has become a Non-cap league.
P.S. Why do you need the above when most of your cap is invested in your offense?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys could have that if they extended Dak and actually bring in some real free agents. This offseason will be real interesting if they get the extension with Prescott before the start of free agency.

I have my doubts because the Joneses are going to use Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons extensions as excuses as they always do.
So if we're extending him, we're giving him more money, or just adding dummy years (Big dog) explained it to me, all these numbers and stuff drive me crazy!) lol

Yes the excuses will come, but it would help if we did that, and gave lamb a deal to lower his number

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ahhh the Ravens 2000 defense and a new Rookie Zeke dream scenario?
It's a fantasy unless the NFL has become a Non-cap league.
P.S. Why do you need the above when most of your cap is invested in your offense?
Offense is going to have to sacrifice then, defense wins championships, in Dallas the offense gets you into FG range!!!!! You know we LOVE to kick FG's lol

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense is going to have to sacrifice then, defense wins championships, in Dallas the offense gets you into FG range!!!!! You know we LOVE to kick FG's lol
Hence the real issue with our team.
Never was the defense (yes they can improve vs the run) as overall they can hang with any offense in the playoffs as proven by the 2 Niners losses.
GB game they gave up after the 1st pick as they have seen this scenario many times........you know it's Deer hunting season.
Jerry BS every year it would be nice between us Cowboy fans to agree that the majority of us know who the Elephant in the room is and he cannot be carried to an SB esp in a cap league.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you just said we should be more like SF...I am all for that. this finesse stuff just doesn't work.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hence the real issue with our team.
Never was the defense (yes they can improve vs the run) as overall they can hang with any offense in the playoffs as proven by the 2 Niners losses.
GB game they gave up after the 1st pick as they have seen this scenario many times........you know it's Deer hunting season.
Jerry BS every year it would be nice between us Cowboy fans to agree that the majority of us know who the Elephant in the room is and he cannot be carried to an SB esp in a cap league.
I don't even want to think about that person uhhhhh!!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine? We lived it for many years and won multiple super bowls doing it.

I have the VHS tapes to prove it.
Ahhhh sure do we have one of these guys leading us today?
Aikman_Troy_Wire_180-220.jpg

Ya, Didn't think so...............

We got this instead...........
dak-prescott-dak.gif

HUGE Difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!