Imagine how much better CeeDee is going to be in 2021 with a full season of Dak Prescott

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Healthy Dak, healthy OL, which means less focus on Zeke at times. Or if they do stack the box, then Dak and the receivers hit them.

Hopefully the defense improves enough to give them some shorter fields, as that will be a huge plus. I am tired of starting what seems 98% of our drives inside our own 20.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Healthy Dak, healthy OL, which means less focus on Zeke at times. Or if they do stack the box, then Dak and the receivers hit them.

Hopefully the defense improves enough to give them some shorter fields, as that will be a huge plus. I am tired of starting what seems 98% of our drives inside our own 20.
Exactly, and a few more turnovers by the D would be nice.

JBS

Reaction score
This guy should absolutely have a tremendous season. I just want to see him do more w the ball in his hands.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Exactly, and a few more turnovers by the D would be nice.

I'm not greedy.. If the defense can just stop teams from driving the length of the field 5-6 times a game I'll be happy. Get stops on 7 or 8 of the 11 or 12 possessions.. That's all I ask.. Hold the other team to 20.. 2 TDs and 2 FGs. Do that consistently and this team will win at least 12 games..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well yes, but he's also going to lose some touches down the seam to Jarwin, I would assume.

That's better for the offense, but I don't think CD is going to get as many of those balls over the middle.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not greedy.. If the defense can just stop teams from driving the length of the field 5-6 times a game I'll be happy. Get stops on 7 or 8 of the 11 or 12 possessions.. That's all I ask.. Hold the other team to 20.. 2 TDs and 2 FGs. Do that consistently and this team will win at least 12 games..
2019 season says hi!

Our defense held opponents to an average of 20.1 PPG. We went 8-8.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm just over this false narrative of "well, if we just have an average defense we're golden" when literally 2 years ago proves otherwise.

No it doesn't. The defense was not average 2 years ago. It was mostly bad but had a couple of good games but on days when the offense failed to put up 30 and force teams to play uphill we lost every time. People get caught up in the end of the year rankings that year. The offense covered for that defense for the most part and when it couldn't do so we lost. The other fact you are your ilk ignore is that the offense is going to be light years better than it was 2 years ago. Dak is better, the receivers are better and maybe most importantly, the OC is not a rookie anymore.. If you're unable or unwilling to acknowledge these simple facts then I must question your intellectual honesty..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No it doesn't. The defense was not average 2 years ago. It was mostly bad but had a couple of good games but on days when the offense failed to put up 30 and force teams to play uphill we lost every time. People get caught up in the end of the year rankings that year. The offense covered for that defense for the most part and when it couldn't do so we lost. The other fact you are your ilk ignore is that the offense is going to be light years better than it was 2 years ago. Dak is better, the receivers are better and maybe most importantly, the OC is not a rookie anymore.. If you're unable or unwilling to acknowledge these simple facts then I must question your intellectual honesty..
The defense literally held teams to 20 PPG like you suggested all that we need to do to win around 12 games.

We lost games where we held teams to 12, 13, and 17 points in 2019. "The offense covered for the defense for the most part". I needed that laugh today, thanks.

The offense was ranked #1 in 2019. I highly doubt it will "be lightyears" better then that.

None of this is hard to understand, you just have to be willing to take off the star colored glasses and look at it objectively instead of through the eyes of a optimistic fan.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I'm just over this false narrative of "well, if we just have an average defense we're golden" when literally 2 years ago proves otherwise.
I think we are gonna have a good defense .... Not just an average one ... I think we will be top ten.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This time of year people only count on PROgression and never consider REgression. No one ever wants to think about it but there's a reason "sophomore slump" is a thing. Hopefully not the case with Lamb because we want adequate return for spending that first rounder.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
2019 season says hi!

Our defense held opponents to an average of 20.1 PPG. We went 8-8.

How many games that year did we win when the offense didn't put up 30? Hint: The Cowboys have not won a game scoring less than 30 since 2018. The defense benefitted from the offense lighting some teams up early and forcing their offenses to go one dimensional. When we faced defense that didn't allow that or an offense that put OUR defense in a hole the defense has very seldom been equal to the task. Every once in a while you need to be able to win a game 12-10 or 10-9. Or how about a shutout on days when the offense is really struggling? How about getting some turnovers?