Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do not worry Mike ........ you can trust Jerry

2013381134.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine if the owner actually hired a real GM and HC and stayed out of the way.
That is different than being a fan of the team you became a fan of either while he was the GM or before. If before you are still here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine if the Cowboys gave fans a product to be proud of.
You are not proud to be a fan of the Cowboys. The team you been a fan of for how long now?

I still wear my hat or jacket when it is cooler weather regardless. In 1988 and 1989 I wore my shorts proudly.

What do you do now, hide any cowboys gear? Bring it back out when they do win.

MikeT22

Reaction score
That is different than being a fan of the team you became a fan of either while he was the GM or before. If before you are still here.
Yeah, I was a fan long before Jerry ever came on the scene. I don't jump ship but at the same time hate what he has done with the team since Jimmy was ran out of town.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
You had your reason when you became a fan to begin with.
Ya I get it the 90s were great. It could be worse we could be the lions or browns. Doesn't mean I can't hate the way this franchise has been run the past 30 years.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
You are not proud to be a fan of the Cowboys. The team you been a fan of for how long now?

I still wear my hat or jacket when it is cooler weather regardless. In 1988 and 1989 I wore my shorts proudly.

Personally I am still proud and wear my gear but the day or two after a bad loss I make it a rule not to wear cowboys stuff just so I don't have to deal with the haters.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am beginning to think they want to see what Big Mac can get out of Lance. If he can work some magic with him this year after Dak gets benched when this team goes 0-5 out of the gate, I think he and Zimmer get a 3 year extension, Dak gets the boot, and they actually hit FA hard next year.

If he can't work any magic with Lance, the whole thing gets flushed by week 12, Zimmer is installed as interim HC, BB is hired, and they draft a top QB next season and surround him with draft and FA talent.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I am still proud and wear my gear but the day or two after a bad loss I make it a rule not to wear cowboys stuff just so I don't have to deal with the haters.
So you only wear stiff after a win and not after a loss.
That is what I call a fair wetharr fan.

I wore my stuff after a loss. As everyone knew I was a fan regardless what I wore.
I knew people that did the same thing, when I lived in South Florida. Dolphins won they wore their stuff. They lost they did not. Then others gave them more of a hard time for not wearing it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I have not bought Cowboys gear since Roy Williams 31 (since I am not a hypocrite)

You question peoples like for the Cowboys after 30 years of nonsense from this front office ........ do they not have the right to be upset or will that get you branded as a non fan?

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
So you only wear stiff after a win and not after a loss.
That is what I call a fair wetharr fan.

I wore my stuff after a loss. As everyone knew I was a fan regardless what I wore.
I knew people that did the same thing, when I lived in South Florida. Dolphins won they wore their stuff. They lost they did not. Then others gave them more of a hard time for not wearing it.
Just the day after. I don't see how that's being a fairweather fan. Im not becoming a ravens fan just wearing different clothes.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No contract extension. Told this is a make or break season. And oh by the way, we are going to gut the roster and put the savings into the yacht. Good luck coach/sucker.
I would be planning my retirement.
Had a nice career.
In a no win situation.
Literally.

snadler

Reaction score
No contract extension. Told this is a make or break season. And oh by the way, we are going to gut the roster and put the savings into the yacht. Good luck coach/sucker.
Zero sympathy for a guy that should have been fired 3 years ago..he’s perfect for a franchise that isn’t interested in winning

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
LOL. Forget McCarthy.

Think about Zimmer. This dude is bringing in a new defensive system and likely needs some new personnel to run it and yet Jerry and Stephen seem intent on giving him nothing but slop and draft picks. Hahahaha.

You couldn't make up this level of dysfunction if you tried.
I really wonder what the interview was like. Did they talk free agency or just talk draft? How did Zimmer pitch fixing this defense? Mazi gets fatter and Overshown grows a new knee? Is that it? Any personnel ideas at all? They didn't really knock it out of the park with their coaching assistants. Any former players we can sign? Any ideas on how to fix the run D? Or was it simply the old 'fundamentals' and 'process' crap we endured for 10 years under Garrett? Is that the appeal of a guy like Zim? Get hired and don't ask questions?

This front office is approaching an entirely new level of ineptitude and inaction, which is absolutely insane coming off a division title, 2nd seed, and 12 win season.

Motorola

Reaction score
As long as the checks still clear, I doubt I would care.
If not retained, he can show he went 12-5 3x in a row with a mentally challenged front office.
And if the Cowboys make the playoffs for a fourth time this upcoming season, McCarthy probably gets an offer or two with another team in 2025.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I really wonder what the interview was like. Did they talk free agency or just talk draft? How did Zimmer pitch fixing this defense? Mazi gets fatter and Overshown grows a new knee? Is that it? Any personnel ideas at all? They didn't really knock it out of the park with their coaching assistants. Any former players we can sign? Any ideas on how to fix the run D? Or was it simply the old 'fundamentals' and 'process' crap we endured for 10 years under Garrett? Is that the appeal of a guy like Zim? Get hired and don't ask questions?

This front office is approaching an entirely new level of ineptitude and inaction, which is absolutely insane coming off a division title, 2nd seed, and 12 win season.
Zim was signed to a 1 year contract. I don't think we are building around Zimmer and his defense.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
What does Fat Mike care? He's just happy to have a job, like Garrett was. He's so upset with the historic failure that he was a part of...his epic "we weren't ready to play", and "I'll be better" responses. Dude should have been fired after GB if Jerry cared one way or another.