IMO The Cowboys say to Romo:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We're going to give you a good training camp and a whole year of football to get your sea legs under you behind and improved offensive line. If you don't pan out (which, in my mind, there is no doubt Mr. Moxie will impress) we have these two 1st round draft picks in 08 and we will not hesitate to use one of them on a QB. I believe the Boys sent a loud subliminal message to Romo. He will hear it clearly and lead us deep into the playoffs. :thumbup:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Romo doesn't need any subliminal messages to motivate himself, he's been doing it for 4 years now

Angus

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1482715 said:
We're going to give you a good training camp and a whole year of football to get your sea legs under you behind and improved offensive line. If you don't pan out (which, in my mind, there is no doubt Mr. Moxie will impress) we have these two 1st round draft picks in 08 and we will not hesitate to use one of them on a QB. I believe the Boys sent a loud subliminal message to Romo. He will hear it clearly and lead us deep into the playoffs. :thumbup:

And Romo will say: "Fine! You do that! And after I do pan out, see if next offseason you can sign me before I go to another team who has given me a better offer. "

You are forgetting who has the leverage. Romo is a free agent after the coming season. He doesn't have to sign with Dallas. If Dallas wants to tie him up, it has to meet his terms.

:)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Angus;1482730 said:
And Romo will say: "Fine! You do that! And after I do pan out, see if next offseason you can sign me before I go to another team who has given me a better offer. "

You are forgetting who has the leverage. Romo is a free agent after the coming season. He doesn't have to sign with Dallas. If Dallas wants to tie him up, it has to meet his terms.

There's a nice game of cat & mouse going on. No doubt Romo will pan out. I'm one of the biggest supporters of that which is Romo in this board. I just think the Cowboys made a brilliant move by providing themselves some insurance next year in the form of a high 1st round draft pick. If the Tony thing falls through they can go for a top flight QB. If the Tony thing does pan out (the more likely scenario) they can go get a top flight WR. The war room was working magic this weekend.

Angus

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1482734 said:
There's a nice game of cat & mouse going on. No doubt Romo will pan out. I'm one of the biggest supporters of that which is Romo in this board. I just think the Cowboys made a brilliant move by providing themselves some insurance next year in the form of a high 1st round draft pick. If the Tony thing falls through they can go for a top flight QB. If the Tony thing does pan out (the more likely scenario) they can go get a top flight WR. The war room was working magic this weekend.

I agree, I just don't think threats are necessary . . . or that they would work.

The only message given was: We believe in you enough to pass our "long hoped for" draft savior. Now, justify our faith, as we are confident you will.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;1482715 said:
:huh:

Romo should know all this. Did we put him in cryogenic freeze after the bobbled snap..?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DallasEast;1482753 said:
:huh:

Romo should know all this. Did we put him in cryogenic freeze after the bobbled snap..?

Let's just call it Carrie insurance. :D

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1482734 said:

Maybe, but I think there is a certain high profile RB that we will be targeting with a trade up with those two 1st rounders, if the Browns one isn't at the top already.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the way things turned out. Romo gets a huge vote of confidence and we get some big time insurance in case he melts down. The best of both worlds. That siad, I expect Romo to kick butt next season.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1482715 said:

I see. it is a riddle. how can a message be both subliminal and loud?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Angus;1482730 said:

Technically, there is something called the franchise tag.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Angus;1482752 said:
I agree, I just don't think threats are necessary . . . or that they would work.

The only message given was: We believe in you enough to pass our "long hoped for" draft savior. Now, justify our faith, as we are confident you will.

I think that's pretty close. I also think Jerry loves to 'win' the let's make a deal war. And who wouldn't want two firsts? They will have a lot of options. They do not have to tie Romo up now. They can wait longer. Romo does not have quite as good of a hand and as much leverage as he once did. No matter what Romo does or doesn't do the Cowboys can afford to get a QB at the top of the draft. I wonder what was going on in Romo's mind before the Boys acted at 22.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I love romo
I played football for junior high then high school then college(half season before I blew my shoulders).

The money is great and I wish the kid a ton of success but its just a game. Tony will be fine without it.

Angus

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1482777 said:
Technically, there is something called the franchise tag.

Yes, but it only takes two firsts to destroy its leverage . . . and in that case that is what someone will pay to get Romo if he shows he is as good as he thinks he is . . . . while Dallas will pay its two firsts to draft a rookie quarterback in 2008 if Romo decamps?

Not a real bright prospect.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Angus;1482829 said:
Yes, but it only takes two firsts to destroy its leverage . . . and in that case that is what someone will pay to get Romo if he shows he is as good as he thinks he is . . . . while Dallas will pay its two firsts to draft a rookie quarterback in 2008 if Romo decamps?

Not a real bright prospect.

Sounds like a lota ifs, ands, and buts, but you run with it.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Angus;1482730 said:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1482718 said:
Romo doesn't need any subliminal messages to motivate himself, he's been doing it for 4 years now

I agree......EXACTLY

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1482718 said:

Had Dallas taken Quinn it would have been a message that the team was not satisfied with Romo. You don't use a #1 on a QB to be a backup. The fact that Dallas passed on Quinn and took the trade does show what type of confidence that the Cowboys have in Romo.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo needs to take it to the next level early this year ...... or alot of fans are going to be jumping off bridges on what "might have been" .....

Personally I would take Romo over Quinn ....... Quinn never impressed me.