Important points about Parcells

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
"Playing not to lose" assumes that if we would have played to win, we would have instead of getting blown out.

I tend to believe, given the Cowboys offensive talent and their woes on the offensive line and a young defense still learning the 3-4, "playing not to lose" was the best option.

"Playing to win," i.e., chucking the ball come what may, would have resulted in more 35-7 beatings like the Skins game us last year due to fumbles (by Bledsoe) and interceptions returned for TD.

Your opinions are duly noted... but MANY disagree with your views...

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
It was Parcells who traded and basically got Julius, Spears,,,then Bledsoe due to the trade for Losman.

It was Parcells who traded a 6th round pick for Terry Glenn.

It was Parcells who attracted alot of his old players to come here. Bledsoe, Ferguson, Glenn, Glenn,

It was Parcells who waited a little bit longer than most coaches until Bradie turned the corner.

It was Parcells who didnt bench Newman when he struggled a few years ago and now he is one of the best in the game.

It was Parcells who got rid of the small ball and brought in the 3-4.

It was Parcells who drafted Newman, Witten, James, Ware, Spears, Canty, Burnett, Fasano, Barber, Carpenter, and brought in potential UFA starters such as Ratliff, Crayton, Romo, etc.etc.etc...

Like him or not but in just his 4th year he has transformed this team after getting rid of most of the joker players jerrah assembled that he took to the playoffs IN HIS FIRST YEAR! with the sorriest qb in the game....AND we now have maybe the best defense in football! Do you guys realize how bad we were before he got here? Do you realize what Jerrah did to our team? We can dwell on the miscues he had with Peterman and Rogers, and Al Johnson, but the fact of the matter is this guy has put us back on the map...we should be elated but what do we do? we are pissed about a sorry qb like henson who just couldnt play! he didnt have a thing against him personally ...the problem was he COULDNT PLAY! So what if he missed on rogers and peterman...he may have turned around gurode to make up for al johnson and he didnt miss on procter and columbo...he brought both of these guys in and they probably will turn out to be pretty good...quit laying into one of the best head coaches ever...you have vince lombardi staring you right in the face and you treat him like he is Dave Campo! lol...this is a legend we are dealing with here that has turned around...NOW 4 TEAMS!

I'm honored to make my 100th post a congratulatory post for a job well done. Great post.

9R H8R in Paradise

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I love the talent that we have now, especially on defense. Parcells may have built a power-house defense.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Great post....but, I give more credit to Jeff Ireland for the turn around of our draft.......I am not so sure BP knows all that about drafting.......hense Rogers and Peterman to name a few.

Jeff Ireland is responsible for all the young talent on this team....ck it out!

Now the big question?

Is BP responsible for hiring Ireland? I don't know who intiated that .......

Holy crap CC. You are alive. Most of us thought you were a robot.;)
That's only two.:D

STSINAZ

Reaction score
trust me on this...jerrah from his own mouth said he and bill only have to agree on what they are going to do...not jeff ireland...trust me bill signs off on all players...we have no idea how many bp has shutdown that jeff has stated that he wants...but we do know that bp has signed off a few good players...how do we know that it wasnt ireland who wanted the stiffs we have drafted? we have no way of knowing so you cant give jeff the credit unless you are going to give him the blame...the one person who was here was BP...when he was here things turned around and thats the bottom line...time to get on the bandwagon cause this puppy is taking off...