In 2023, CeeDee Lamb silenced all the critics!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
2023 version of junior high. Adult words like criticism, critique, assessment, opinion, judgement, evaluation keep getting replaced by terms like 'hater'. I realize you didn't say it, AC, but it still makes me shake my head every time I hear it.

Now to stay on topic, CeeDee has turned into one of my favorite players on the team. From what I can tell he isn't constantly on social media making promises he never intends to keep or telling the world how mad he is, and he isn't on there complaining about the referees. He just goes to work and busts his rear end. I have a lot more respect for work ethic than I do for mouthpieces.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Weren't you one of them "haters" and put several of Dak's incomplete passes during the 2022 season on CD saying he dropped the ball when they were debatable at best? Why the "calling out"? This thread could have been good without it.

With that being said, CD has developed really well this year. Became the #1 receiver everyone was looking for and even the playmaker #88 style. Love it.

I was one of the people lamenting about the loss of Amari but I have to admit that CD probably wouldnt have been able to turn into the player he is today with Amari still on the team. So despite the ridiculous deal we got for Amari I'm happy about the way it all turned out. Kudos to the FO.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
2023 version of junior high. Adult words like criticism, critique, assessment, opinion, judgement, evaluation keep getting replaced by terms like 'hater'. I realize you didn't say it, AC, but it still makes me shake my head every time I hear it.

Now to stay on topic, CeeDee has turned into one of my favorite players on the team. From what I can tell he isn't constantly on social media making promises he never intends to keep or telling the world how mad he is, and he isn't on there complaining about the referees. He just goes to work and busts his rear end. I have a lot more respect for work ethic than I do for mouthpieces.
Sooo.......you can't be both? You can't have an excellent work ethic and outgoing personality who happens to like to talk ( Michael Irvin or Dez for example).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Weren't you one of them "haters" and put several of Dak's incomplete passes during the 2022 season on CD saying he dropped the ball when they were debatable at best? Why the "calling out"? This thread could have been good without it.

With that being said, CD has developed really well this year. Became the #1 receiver everyone was looking for and even the playmaker #88 style. Love it.

I was one of the people lamenting about the loss of Amari but I have to admit that CD probably wouldnt have been able to turn into the player he is today with Amari still on the team. So despite the ridiculous deal we got for Amari I'm happy about the way it all turned out. Kudos to the FO.
I never have hated on CeeDee, but a few of us (along with Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, OchoCinco, T.O., etc) said it was CeeDee's fault for some of Dak's INTs last year, specifically against the Packers. That's not hating. That's just pointing out facts.

As for the "haters" part of the title, before I even read your comment, I asked one of our mods to please change it to critics after reading @acr731 's comment to me. I got the message loud and clear and felt it was too harsh of a word to use, so I asked for the word to be changed in the title to "critics". Hope that was good enough for you.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Sooo.......you can't be both? You can't have an excellent work ethic and outgoing personality who happens to like to talk ( Michael Irvin or Dez for example).
You do read some of the ridiculous stuff Parsons puts out there for the world to see, right? It's probably for the best that social media didn't exist during Irvin's playing days. Lord, the stuff he would have put out there would have made Parsons seem like a choir boy.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I had real doubts about him being a #1, he seemingly cured his dropped ball problem at the end of 2022 and in that playoffs. Then at the start of this season it took a long time for me to believe that he wasn't going to revert back to bad habits of old.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Year
Year
Team
Team
REC
Total receptions
YDS
Receiving yards
AVG
Receiving yards per reception
TD

DAL135

Every CeeDee Lamb reception (2023) Regular Season

:starspin:

you mean the haters I mean I don't know what you call a critic this man's career from day one he nearly got 1000 yards splitting the carries in targets with Gallup and cooper.. He's gotten better every year he nearly hit 1000 as a rookie with limited targets and then he's just gotten better every single year and a lot better he's always been a number one he's just went from being a solid #1 to an elite number one but anybody who criticized the man just for haters I have to go back to finish that way I started this sentence... The whole entire premise that he was being carried by amari Cooper drawing coverage was the three most ridiculous thing I've ever heard that when amari left city land was gonna struggle to find himself because he was gonna be doubled and tripled and taken away well how'd that work out guys or should I say haters???

Those are not critics those are common media and fans trying to make something where there is nothing.. Anybody who watched this guy in college which unfortunately I'm a Longhorn watched it Oklahoma Sooners do this to us many times knew this guy coming in if he was giving a shot and giving the targets he would be successful...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I had real doubts about him being a #1, he seemingly cured his dropped ball problem at the end of 2022 and in that playoffs. Then at the start of this season it took a long time for me to believe that he wasn't going to revert back to bad habits of old.
You do realize that all receivers drop footballs I mean Terrell Owens is the third all time most successful gold jacket wearing Hall of Famer and everyone said he dropped too many footballs literally it happens just like I can tell you that Megatron and Julio Jones don't score enough touchdowns that's why I break some of their ties with guys that they're supposed to be compared to they get dropped below because they don't score enough because say someone drop footballs you act like you don't watch football because all receivers have a case of the drops just like all kickers occasionally Shank 1 or have a small stretch where they get a little janky...

I've never looked at CD lamb as a person who had a problem with drops he just had drops just like all receivers do at times sometimes he's been looking to make the big play like the giants game last year with Cooper rush I believe and then after that game is when he began to turn it on as soon as Prescott got back from his broken hand they lit it up... But sometimes you're looking to think about where you're going and how big a play it's gonna be you know running before the catch because the catch looks easy they drop footballs that's what receivers and tight ends sometimes get a little ahead of themselves...

But in my opinion he's never been a dropper not by the definition of bad drops you know like kadarius Tony and some of that wide receiver core we could just go all the names for the Kansas City Chiefs right now that's what a ball dropper looks like.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you mean the haters I mean I don't know what you call a critic this man's career from day one he nearly got 1000 yards splitting the carries in targets with Gallup and cooper.. He's gotten better every year he nearly hit 1000 as a rookie with limited targets and then he's just gotten better every single year and a lot better he's always been a number one he's just went from being a solid #1 to an elite number one but anybody who criticized the man just for haters I have to go back to finish that way I started this sentence... The whole entire premise that he was being carried by amari Cooper drawing coverage was the three most ridiculous thing I've ever heard that when amari left city land was gonna struggle to find himself because he was gonna be doubled and tripled and taken away well how'd that work out guys or should I say haters???

Those are not critics those are common media and fans trying to make something where there is nothing.. Anybody who watched this guy in college which unfortunately I'm a Longhorn watched it Oklahoma Sooners do this to us many times knew this guy coming in if he was giving a shot and giving the targets he would be successful...
I'm 100% right there with you brother! I'm a Longhorn fan as well, and you're right, CeeDee was a HUGE THORN in the Longhorns side during his years at Oklahoma. That's how good he was and is even better now! We were sooo lucky the Eagirls passed him up and allowed CeeDee to fall to us in the draft to pick #17!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never have hated on CeeDee, but a few of us (along with Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, OchoCinco, T.O., etc) said it was CeeDee's fault for some of Dak's INTs last year, specifically against the Packers. That's not hating. That's just pointing out facts.

As for the "haters" part of the title, before I even read your comment, I asked one of our mods to please change it to critics after reading @acr731 's comment to me. I got the message loud and clear and felt it was too harsh of a word to use, so I asked for the word to be changed in the title to "critics". Hope that was good enough for you.
So you get to define what is someone's honest critique and what is "hate"?

Hmmm...interesting trick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You do read some of the ridiculous stuff Parsons puts out there for the world to see, right? It's probably for the best that social media didn't exist during Irvin's playing days. Lord, the stuff he would have put out there would have made Parsons seem like a choir boy.
Of course, I read it........but everyone is different and I accept that. You do know that tons of athletes are "mouthpieces" or trash talkers but also the hardest workers on their craft. We just don't hear or see them coz they are not on social media. Think about what your post/statement implied....if he talks too much, he has a bad work ethic. Never mind we have heard nothing to suggest he's a bad practice player and, we know he shows up every Sunday at a high level. But he can't earn your respect coz of his mouth........see how that sounds.

BTW....I agree 100% about Michael Irvin but, he would have been out of the league after 2-3 years ( drug issues )