In 8 days 3 hours from this post, the Dak contract window ends!

glimmerman

Reaction score
You know i only partially agree with that. Dak has the abiltity to say at any time to his agent, "just get a deal done" if he did that there would be a deal
They have a tendency to listen to there agent.

Hold out in Cabo and come in out of shape.

Hold off your shoulder surgery until they sign you and come in out of shape.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They have a tendency to listen to there agent.

Hold out in Cabo and come in out of shape.

Hold off your shoulder surgery until they sign you and come in out of shape.

I agree with you they do tend to listen but at any time he can tell the agent what to do and what they want done. If they are asking for 36m and a 4 year deal and the Cowboys are offerring 36m and a 5 year deal. Dak can say take the deal at any time, he has that power

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree with you they do tend to listen but at any time he can tell the agent what to do and what they want done. If they are asking for 36m and a 4 year deal and the Cowboys are offerring 36m and a 5 year deal. Dak can say take the deal at any time, he has that power
And I hope he does.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hell one more year under Parcells and we make it to the SB in 2007...playing the Pats maybe we win maybe we don't but i'm pretty sure we at least get there had Parcells stayed one more year
northern---i agree..seeing how well we did under wade..13-3...but Parcells would had made us ready against NY

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There's a difference. I don't think the Commanders actually wanted to give him a long term deal. The Cowboys want to retain Dak. There's not going to be a second tag for Dak, I don't know why people keep bringing that up. The hold up is supposedly for years. The reason for that is cap hit. So for the same reason Jerry doesn't want to commit to a 4 year deal will be the same reason he doesn't tag him a second time. It's a no brainer. He either signs this year or next year. But there won't be a second tag.

The problem is that if there is no second tag, Dak will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Sure, he could resign with Dallas, but what if another team gives him stupid money like $45 a year?

Keep in mind the Skins actually offered Cooper $3 million a year more than Dallas did, but he turned them down. Will Dak do the same if another team outbids Dallas?

My point is, that once a player hits free agency, you cant really predict what will happen. Maybe Dak will resign and maybe he wont, depends on what other offers he gets.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is that if there is no second tag, Dak will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Sure, he could resign with Dallas, but what if another team gives him stupid money like $45 a year?

Keep in mind the Skins actually offered Cooper $3 million a year more than Dallas did, but he turned them down. Will Dak do the same if another team outbids Dallas?

My point is, that once a player hits free agency, you cant really predict what will happen. Maybe Dak will resign and maybe he wont, depends on what other offers he gets.
Thank you for the Sunday Laugh!!!:muttley:

Flamma

Reaction score

They have to prepare for another option. A second tag is not an option so prepare for that. I believe they will. That is if they don't sign him before the 15th.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They have to prepare for another option. A second tag is not an option so prepare for that. I believe they will. That is if they don't sign him before the 15th.

If he plays under the tag this season and the team goes 8-8 or 9-7 again then a 2nd tag is definately on the table but so would be taking another QB with a high draft pick because at that point the Cowboys would be preparing to move on from Dak unless he took them to the SB during that 2nd tag

Flamma

Reaction score
If he plays under the tag this season and the team goes 8-8 or 9-7 again then a 2nd tag is definately on the table but so would be taking another QB with a high draft pick because at that point the Cowboys would be preparing to move on from Dak unless he took them to the SB during that 2nd tag

My opinion would be the opposite. If they go 8-8 or 9-7 then there is absolutely no reason to tag him again. Dalton can go 8-8, Dallas doesn't need to pay a QB 38 million on a second tag for that.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
My opinion would be the opposite. If they go 8-8 or 9-7 then there is absolutely no reason to tag him again. Dalton can go 8-8, Dallas doesn't need to pay a QB 38 million on a second tag for that.

I get what your saying but they would still need a QB for the season and a one year tag deal for Dak would still be in play i would think, it would basically be a 34.5m average over 2 years of tags and the reproted offer right now is around that, truthfully if we are on pace for a 7-9 to 9-7 season, then at some point this year you will see Dalton which would be an option for next year too while the cowboys try to get their next QB in the draft

Flamma

Reaction score
I get what your saying but they would still need a QB for the season and a one year tag deal for Dak would still be in play i would think, it would basically be a 34.5m average over 2 years of tags and the reproted offer right now is around that, truthfully if we are on pace for a 7-9 to 9-7 season, then at some point this year you will see Dalton which would be an option for next year too while the cowboys try to get their next QB in the draft

To be honest, I'd be surprised if Dallas went 8-8 next season. But I guess I'm just saying what I would do if I were Jerry. If Dallas went 8-8 or 9-7 Dak would be the second player off the team behind Crawford. But based on our roster and now that the Red Menace is gone, I don't foresee that happening.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
To be honest, I'd be surprised if Dallas went 8-8 next season. But I guess I'm just saying what I would do if I were Jerry. If Dallas went 8-8 or 9-7 Dak would be the second player off the team behind Crawford. But based on our roster and now that the Red Menace is gone, I don't foresee that happening.

I happen to agree with you i predicted awhile ago that we go somewhere from 7-9 to 9-7

Kingofholland

Reaction score
northern---i agree..seeing how well we did under wade..13-3...but Parcells would had made us ready against NY

Yes Parcells built a disclipned unit that was turning a corner in a big way. Wade Phillips won games with a talented squad Parcells built, but he couldn't get the team ready for the important games that mattered most. Garrett was the same way.

Techsass

Reaction score
If we end up anywhere near 8-8, Coach Nolan will be looking for another job. Coach Edwards will probably already be the acting DC, if not the actual DC long before that.

erod

Reaction score
Yes indeed, Daks agent works for Dak, not the other way around.
Not true.

When you choose CAA, you agree to give up that power. They don't negotiate.

CAA handles Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, The Rock, Robert Downey Jr., Matthew McConaughey, Scarlett Johanssen, Jessica Chastain, and a hundred other people far bigger than Dak Prescott.

He's to do what he's told, or he violates his contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not true.

CAA handles Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, The Rock, Robert Downey Jr., Matthew McConaughey, Scarlett Johanssen, Jessica Chastain, and a hundred other people far bigger than Dak Prescott.

I bet JJ is not happy. Like when Dez signed with his agency..

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Not true.

You've read his contract? Dak has all the control if HE wants it, if he doesn't like what they are doing he can always fire them, find another agent or agency and get a deal done. He obviously must endorse what they are doing or he would already have a deal