In 8 days 3 hours from this post, the Dak contract window ends!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that your countdown timer is off by several hours. The contract deadline is 4:00 PM Eastern Time on the 15th. It looks like your timer expires at midnight Central Time on the 15th
I am aware of the official time as that is a common time the NFL uses for many deadlines, but the reason I set it to 12:00am EST on July 16th is because sometimes deals get submitted right before the deadline but have to be reviewed and approved by the NFL so an announcement is not made until later.

The deadline is for a contract to be submitted to the NFL, not for the announcement.

By 12:00am EST on July 16th, we should know for sure one way or the other.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They will definitely end in the Fan Zone I assure you.

We have had a long off-season of people spamming thread after thread without changing anyone's mind. We are not going through a season of that in the Fan Zone.
:bow:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Not gonna happen what has he proven since what we saw last year "0". Only a fool will let this average QB sign a long term deal. I say JJ should let it play out and some fire under DAK's #$$$ nothing better than a do or die situation for the Cowboys....my moneys on disappointment and before you flame me remember the last 25 years...what's another .500 season to us....NOTHING.

Even worse, what's another .500 season to Jerry? Nothing. It's another year of being the most valuable NFL team. And before someone says he's old and desperate to win another ring...he wasn't at all desperate over the last decade, as evidence of Garrett. He knew full well he was throwing away last season with Garrett.

bb721

Reaction score
I am aware of the official time as that is a common time the NFL uses for many deadlines, but the reason I set it to 12:00am EST on July 16th is because sometimes deals get submitted right before the deadline but have to be reviewed and approved by the NFL so an announcement is not made until later.

The deadline is for a contract to be submitted to the NFL, not for the announcement.

By 12:00am EST on July 16th, we should know for sure one way or the other.

Even if that is the case it’s off by one hour. The timer will expire at 1:00 AM on the 16th Eastern Time, midnight Central Time

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ha! I like the countdown clock.

I know "deadlines make deals" but I think Dak plays on the tag this season. This has gone on so long they have to know exactly what the other wants, and we're down to less than a week with nothing appearing imminent.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i dont believe that they will sign him to a long term deal i think they tag him for two years while trying to find another qb they have been a mediocre franchise for so long what is another four or five years of missing the playoffs or being 8 and 8 with jerry its about the money

InTheZone

Reaction score
Imma have a heart attack if they announce on the last day Dak signs a 10 year 400 mil contract

blueblood70

Reaction score
Imma have a heart attack if they announce on the last day Dak signs a 10 year 400 mil contract
right it will break the internet monumental mistake but ill live with it, what else can we do but support our QB and team..

its not our money

Swagger

Reaction score
Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Indeed 6 more days.

Just it stick out a bit longer then we only have to waste another season. Given the state of the past 25 years then another wasted year is chicken feed. However, should Prescott agree sign a long term deal then 5 years down the shoot would be very painful but obviously I would stick it out and just wait until he's done before we can be genuine contenders again.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Even worse, what's another .500 season to Jerry? Nothing. It's another year of being the most valuable NFL team. And before someone says he's old and desperate to win another ring...he wasn't at all desperate over the last decade, as evidence of Garrett. He knew full well he was throwing away last season with Garrett.

If anything, the MM hire was probably made to shut the angry masses up, just like the Parcells hire. Bill wasn't hired to build a winning team, he was hired to get a stadium built. Jerry eventually became too much to stand and Bill left. MM will leave as well after a few seasons of having to put up with Jerry, just like Parcells did. There's only so much micromanaging anyone can tolerate.

Jerry got his three super bowls early on in his tenure. Since then is has always been about him and his ego. Winning is secondary and it has been that way since the mid 1990's.

cowboyed

Reaction score

I kindly disagree. Jerry Jones the owner/gm has always been driven to win. He and Stephen Jones, executive vice-president, just didn't know how to optimally adapt and win in the salary cap and free agency era to date, in a consistent, dominant fashion. Jerry full well appreciates the importance of being a post season caliber football team and winning the Super Bowl. It adds value to your franchise not only financially but also significantly radiates your brand, setting it apart from most others.

Jerry intentionally throwing a season away would be sports sacrilegious. You may not be aware that Jerry was an all-Southwest conference offensive lineman and co-captain of the 1964 championship Arkansas Razorbacks team back in the day. So he is not only business competitive but also football competitive on a personal level.

Jerry if anything is an optimist to a fault. Jerry got tired of going through head coaches and stubbornly hung on to the notion that Garrett over time would become a great coach and lead the Cowboys to the promised land. Under Garrett there were teasing seasons where it appeared that he was on his way to becoming a great head coach but he hit his ceiling and players and coaching staff stopped buying into "the process".

The hiring of McCarthy as head coach is the absolute step in the right direction particularly since he is getting what he wants player and coaching personnel wise. McCarthy knows how to win and he has plenty of motivation to make the Cowboys elite and himself great again.

Jerry likely wants to pass away on a winning note with the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl or at the very least the team being in the position to do so.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I kindly disagree. Jerry Jones the owner/gm has always been driven to win. He and Stephen Jones, executive vice-president, just didn't know how to optimally adapt and win in the salary cap and free agency era to date, in a consistent, dominant fashion. Jerry full well appreciates the importance of being a post season caliber football team and winning the Super Bowl. It adds value to your franchise not only financially but also significantly radiates your brand, setting it apart from most others.

Jerry intentionally throwing a season away would be sports sacrilegious. You may not be aware that Jerry was an all-Southwest conference offensive lineman and co-captain of the 1964 championship Arkansas Razorbacks team back in the day. So he is not only business competitive but also football competitive on a personal level.

Jerry if anything is an optimist to a fault. Jerry got tired of going through head coaches and stubbornly hung on to the notion that Garrett over time would become a great coach and lead the Cowboys to the promised land. Under Garrett there were teasing seasons where it appeared that he was on his way to becoming a great head coach but he hit his ceiling and players and coaching staff stopped buying into "the process".

The hiring of McCarthy as head coach is the absolute step in the right direction particularly since he is getting what he wants player and coaching personnel wise. McCarthy knows how to win and he has plenty of motivation to make the Cowboys elite and himself great again.

Jerry likely wants to pass away on a winning note with the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl or at the very least the team being in the position to do so.
get out of my head..agree

to add to it hes done this before with Parcells and parcells burned him IMO, quitting for no reason suddenly left him in the lurch and jerry's hiring of a Garett is comfort and hope he doesnt get burned again and why he stayed with JG far past its shelf life....hopefully MM does and finishes what parcells did not..Parcells truly helped get us out of a hole but really only going halfway really set back Witten and Romos career, 3 more years under parcells and im betting we have a SB win..

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
get out of my head..agree

to add to it hes done this before with Parcells and parcells burned him IMO, quitting for no reason suddenly left him in the lurch and jerry's hiring of a Garett is comfort and hope he doesnt get burned again and why he stayed with JG far past its shelf life....hopefully MM does and finishes what parcells did not..Parcells truly helped get us out of a hole but really only going halfway really set back Witten and Romos career, 3 more years under parcells and im betting we have a SB win..

Hell one more year under Parcells and we make it to the SB in 2007...playing the Pats maybe we win maybe we don't but i'm pretty sure we at least get there had Parcells stayed one more year

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hell one more year under Parcells and we make it to the SB in 2007...playing the Pats maybe we win maybe we don't but i'm pretty sure we at least get there had Parcells stayed one more year
its so laughable people blame it ALL on Jerry both Jimmy and BillP both admitted they are career burnouts, leave early for new changes and Parcells left had ZERO to do with Jerry, now Jimmy yes 50% blame all around but Jimmy had his rings and was ready to settle down in FL..bigger reasons why he left then just that incident in the bar that was the last straw..