In all seriousness, what would you do?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Now that our dysfunctional GM has started his buffoonery about possibly keeping Garrett what would you do if that happened?

I was 7 years old and living in Hurst Texas (in between Dallas and Fort Worth) when the Dallas Cowboys were born in 1960. I have followed them diligently for 59 years with many ups and downs but the focus was always on winning football games (or so I thought).

We currently have ownership that cares nothing about winning football games which directly contradicts what fandom entails. So after considerable thought I think I could actually give up my loyalty to this team if that were to occur.

I currently reside in East Texas, and the Kansas City Chiefs are the former Dallas Texans, and with Mahomes being an East Texas kid I think I could eventually adjust.

I would still keep up with the team at a distance until Jerry passed and this could return to resembling an NFL team that is focused once again on winning.

I feel your pain and agree 100 pct. Baseball, CFB, and Hockey will get me through. My daughter goes to Bucknell so I can go all in on Patriot League basketball. I am at the point where if they don’t hire a HUGE coach like Meyer I am out. I despise the NFL league office and Jerry. The pro game sucks anyway. I think it will be easy. I am nearing an end.

Blackrain

Reaction score
root like hell for'm.
i got too much invested to let JJ and JG dictate what I do as a fan.
Im a Cowboys fan cause of Coach Landry,Roger,Tony D,Drew,Too Tall,Randy White,Harvey,Jeffcoat,Mike Hegman,Waters,Harris,Everson,Thurman,Downs,Danny White,Herschel,Rafferty.
Jerry Jones bought the business.
not my memories.
I want Garrett gone....and a new generation Coach Landry.....but if it don't happen.
I'll still root like hell for'm to win.

Exactly , Thats a Cowboy fan right there

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Now that our dysfunctional GM has started his buffoonery about possibly keeping Garrett what would you do if that happened?

I was 7 years old and living in Hurst Texas (in between Dallas and Fort Worth) when the Dallas Cowboys were born in 1960. I have followed them diligently for 59 years with many ups and downs but the focus was always on winning football games (or so I thought).

We currently have ownership that cares nothing about winning football games which directly contradicts what fandom entails. So after considerable thought I think I could actually give up my loyalty to this team if that were to occur.

I currently reside in East Texas, and the Kansas City Chiefs are the former Dallas Texans, and with Mahomes being an East Texas kid I think I could eventually adjust.

I would still keep up with the team at a distance until Jerry passed and this could return to resembling an NFL team that is focused once again on winning.

Kinda where I am currently. I keep track of the team, listen to the games in the background while I do something else and have no real belief in the team doing anything of import at all. Until Jones removes himself as the GM, hires a coach and gives that HC autonomy to bring in his own coordinators and position coaches, gets rid of all the sideline clingons and what not, I'm gonna stay checked out........mostly:rolleyes:

Blackrain

Reaction score
how i wish for one more season with #12 and The Man In The Hat.
I hear that watching Roger on the NFL 100 with Farve and Brady was awesome and brought back great memories . Heck that was when Football was a mans game showed Roger getting hit harder in practice than they let these guys get hit in games now

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I've been slowly but surely transitioning to college football. If Garrett is extended, if even for just 1 year, I'll be done with the Cowboys, and the whole NFL probably.

Big_D

Reaction score
If he kept Garrett as the HC I’m done with football altogether! That decision would just be Jerry taking a huge crap on the fans and any winning traditions this team used to have! You have to draw the line when the owner doesn’t strive to win championships or ever shows any sense of urgency. This Garrett situation was ridiculous from the start. If he keeps it going he can go F himself!