In Comparison - Who got the Better Deal?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Carolina gets Keyshawn who is a marked improvement over what they had as a second WR.

And we get T.O. who is much more talented and a gamebreaker than Keyshawn, but comes with other problems.

Carolina was a playoff team last year and we were not.

Who improved themselves more with this deal?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Carolina gets Keyshawn who is a marked improvement over what they had as a second WR.

And we get T.O. who is much more talented and a gamebreaker than Keyshawn, but comes with other problems.

Talent wise no doubt TO is an upgrade as far as the overall deal and how this will all pan out we will see. I still think this has a chance to blow up in our face.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We did since we got the better WR- by a large margin. TO is much more of a threat- D's have to really worry about him. Key did not worry anyone.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I still think this has a chance to blow up in our face.
Really ??

That surprises me coming from you, .. you TO lover you !:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Really ??

That surprises me coming from you, .. you TO lover you !:D

Players with great talent do not get sent packing for no reason at all. Now while some of you want to blame everyone else the one common in SF and Philly has been you guessed it TO. 2 teams got sick of his BS and felt he was not worth it and I can't blame them hell I knew it would blow up in Phillys face when they siged the idiot. Even Jerry knows he is taking a chance with TO now you guys can hide your head in the sand all you want but his history speaks for itself.

aikemirv

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
We did since we got the better WR- by a large margin. TO is much more of a threat- D's have to really worry about him. Key did not worry anyone.

Yeah, but is TO better than Keyshawn by the amount that Keyshawn is better than what Carolina had?

Delhomee struggled last year to find someone other than Smith to throw too. While Keyshawn gives him a consistent big target . I think that improvement wise it is pretty even.

Makes Carolina, not necessaarily more scary to defend because you can cover Keyshawn man to man, but much more consistent on offense because he is going to get his catches and move the chains.

burmafrd

Reaction score
EVERYONE knows that we are taking a chance with TO. Where have you been hiding?

superpunk

Reaction score
Last time Key was in the NFC south his coach sent him home for the season.

The Panthers are in the early stages of rue.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We MARKEDLY improved our #1 WR. Carolina IMPROVED their #2 WR. I would say that puts us ahead.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Yeah, but is TO better than Keyshawn by the amount that Keyshawn is better than what Carolina had?

Delhomee struggled last year to find someone other than Smith to throw too. While Keyshawn gives him a consistent big target . I think that improvement wise it is pretty even.

Makes Carolina, not necessaarily more scary to defend because you can cover Keyshawn man to man, but much more consistent on offense because he is going to get his catches and move the chains.

I agree. I think Key is going to be a perfect fit in Carolina with Steve Smith. I think too many look at Key and talk about his lack of speed and while that is true the guy is hard to cover and makes the tough catches and willing to take the big hit and holds onto the ball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Last time Key was in the NFC south his coach sent him home for the season.

The Panthers are in the early stages of rue.

You could be right Key can be a total pain and has been known to burn some bridges of his own. Dan Henning who has worked with BP being in Carolina may help to control Key but then you never can tell with Key

aikemirv

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
EVERYONE knows that we are taking a chance with TO. Where have you been hiding?

I don't know if you are talking to me, but I am not trying to bash T.O.. I am just sparking a debate on who improved themselves more. I tend to think it is pretty close even and made Carolina a better team.

The one team that we very well could have to go through to go anywhere in the postseason, and this move made them better.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You could be right Key can be a total pain and has been known to burn some bridges of his own. Dan Henning who has worked with BP being in Carolina may help to control Key but then you never can tell with Key

I was just being facetious.

I just think alot of times people when talking about the players forget how much ofa pain Key was away from Dallas. Then they forget how his "pain-in-the-***-ness" was basically neutralized here in Dallas. They look at TO's history before coming to Dallas as absolute and unavoidable, but ignore it for Key, simply because he was such a good citizen here. My deal is, it's not just some crazy coincidence that Key did so well here - it was Parcells. He's got the benefit of the doubt from me on dealing with a-holes.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Everyone is just acting like Keyshawn and the Panthers are a match made in heaven, but we'll see how John Fox reacts when Keyshawn comes over to the sidelines screaming in his face about how he wants the ball. And it will happen.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
aikemirv said:

Last year we missed playoffs because of kicking. Talent and results-wise, we win. We should have found a way to keep both.

Can you say undefendable?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Players with great talent do not get sent packing for no reason at all. Now while some of you want to blame everyone else the one common in SF and Philly has been you guessed it TO. 2 teams got sick of his BS and felt he was not worth it and I can't blame them hell I knew it would blow up in Phillys face when they siged the idiot. Even Jerry knows he is taking a chance with TO now you guys can hide your head in the sand all you want but his history speaks for itself.
KJ isn't really that much different than Owens.

The Jets let him go because he was a head-case, the Bucs paid him to leave, and for whatever reasons, after two pretty good seasons, his "step-Dad" sent him packing.

They actually are a lot alike.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Talent wise no doubt TO is an upgrade as far as the overall deal and how this will all pan out we will see. I still think this has a chance to blow up in our face.

With the media's constant and incessant badgering it could!

Susan Lucci gets more respect :banghead:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
KJ isn't really that much different than Owens.

The Jets let him go because he was a head-case, the Bucs paid him to leave, and for whatever reasons, after two pretty good seasons, his "step-Dad" sent him packing.

They actually are a lot alike.

Your right they can be very simular. Only differance is he had respect for BP, he may not have much respect for any other coach out there but he has always talked highly of Parcells and has done what was being asked of him by BP. TO shows no respect to anyone.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
TO shows no respect to anyone.

Not yet. That's true. But Keyshawn has never respected anyone but Parcells, either. We'll see.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Your right they can be very simular. Only differance is he had respect for BP, he may not have much respect for any other coach out there but he has always talked highly of Parcells and has done what was being asked of him by BP. TO shows no respect to anyone.
I haven't seen where he has been disrespectful in Dallas yet, to anyone.