In Due time, Zimmer will be the Scapegoat

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Say hi to Quinn, praise him, love him for the changes he's made, play some good teams, get exposed ok it's fine, it's nothing. As time goes on, we start to notices trends of the defense being bad under him, fans see, uproar in anger increases. Another year goes by, fans are blown away by how bad his defense was, and it can't stop a certain coaching tree of coaches. Fan uproar is so bad, that it's time for him to go, fans forget about the good he brought to this defense, time to go!!

Enter in Mike Zimmer- Fans are already saying he's the coach we need, the disciplinarian, he's not a slouch, he'll do things the way he wants to, he will improve this defense. We shall see, in time, Zim will probably be exposed, and fans will want him gone, just hold on to your seat-belts!!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Say hi to Quinn, praise him, love him for the changes he's made, play some good teams, get exposed ok it's fine, it's nothing. As time goes on, we start to notices trends of the defense being bad under him, fans see, uproar in anger increases. Another year goes by, fans are blown away by how bad his defense was, and it can't stop a certain coaching tree of coaches. Fan uproar is so bad, that it's time for him to go, fans forget about the good he brought to this defense, time to go!!

Enter in Mike Zimmer- Fans are already saying he's the coach we need, the disciplinarian, he's not a slouch, he'll do things the way he wants to, he will improve this defense. We shall see, in time, Zim will probably be exposed, and fans will want him gone, just hold on to your seat-belts!!!!
I think this team officially reached a point where they will clean house if things go south. Except for Jerry and Enos of course. And McClay.. everyone’s favorite! The coaching staff will be gone if they don’t make the playoffs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think this team officially reached a point where they will clean house if things go south. Except for Jerry and Enos of course. And McClay.. everyone’s favorite! The coaching staff will be gone if they don’t make the playoffs.
I hear ya, maybe it's time for some of these players to go too!?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enter in Mike Zimmer- Some Fans are already saying he's the coach we need, the disciplinarian, he's not a slouch, he'll do things the way he wants to, he will improve this defense.
Fixed. Exaggeration tends to lump everyone into something they are not a part of. Jones believes 'tried and true' is good managerial decision making. Better decision making would have depended on a more wide-ranging job search, taking in many qualified candidates, and selecting someone else, who may have untapped coaching potential. Personally, I did not expect it of Jones and Zimmer was not a surprise choice for me.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fixed. Exaggeration tends to lump everyone into something they are not a part of. Jones believes 'tried and true' is good managerial decision making. Better decision making would have depended on a more wide-ranging job search, taking in many qualified candidates, and selecting someone else, who may have untapped coaching potential. Personally, I did not expect it of Jones and Zimmer was not a surprise choice for me.
Seems like they had this in mind, maybe get with the times, see a coach on a team that's actually having success, try to get them from that team, it only makes sense! We like to go with older guys etc etc it is what it is

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We like to go with older guys etc etc it is what it is
In this sense, @shabazz is correct with Jones taking the safe approach. Thing is, Jones knows Zimmer. Essentially, the safe approach is a retread. Jones' managerial decision making is seeing his truck has a flat and goes to a used tire shop for a replacement.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In this sense, @shabazz is correct with Jones taking the safe approach. Thing is, Jones knows Zimmer. Essentially, the safe approach is a retread. Jones' managerial decision making is seeing his truck has a flat and goes to a used tire shop for a replacement.
Don't give @shabazz too much credit around here, he'll get big headed!!!! lol (good guy) This safe approach has gotten us nowhere, but to them we're winners!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fix the D or GROZ.

Big_D

Reaction score
Surprised there was no GROQ club. But we can just move on to blaming Zimmer at this point.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Mike is next. His offense is too simple. Hum, wonder why? cya, Mike, you are another scapegoat for the MVP.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Surprised there was no GROQ club. But we can just move on to blaming Zimmer at this point.

We didn’t have a clever name for it but there were a few of us the last couple of years who were ready to move on. His LB crap he pulled along with that weird game plan against GB really cemented how some of us felt about him. He was good turning the defense around his first year, but the defense was busy eating a lot of cheese and DQ was serving it up fast. A team of me first guys who are only worried about getting theirs. I don’t blame them, but DQ could never find a balance for it.

GINeric

Reaction score

That doesn't even make sense.... Quinn's defense WAS trash and got gashed up the middle easily by the run.

He wasn't a scapegoat, his defense was a problem.

I'm not understanding your logic here.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Scapegoat?

Zimmer is the head coach in 2025.
Yeah, I gotta agree with this. Jerry took his time to find a DC, which means he wanted to make sure he had the right next comfy walkabout HC. Otherwise they would have promoted the waterboy within a day. Because we're all-in.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That doesn't even make sense.... Quinn's defense WAS trash and got gashed up the middle easily by the run.

He wasn't a scapegoat, his defense was a problem.

I'm not understanding your logic here.
so his DEFENSE was the main issue of the season??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, I gotta agree with this. Jerry took his time to find a DC, which means he wanted to make sure he had the right next comfy walkabout HC. Otherwise they would have promoted the waterboy within a day. Because we're all-in.
loooooooooooooooooooool

Big_D

Reaction score
We didn’t have a clever name for it but there were a few of us the last couple of years who were ready to move on. His LB crap he pulled along with that weird game plan against GB really cemented how some of us felt about him. He was good turning the defense around his first year, but the defense was busy eating a lot of cheese and DQ was serving it up fast. A team of me first guys who are only worried about getting theirs. I don’t blame them, but DQ could never find a balance for it.
Agreed. After 3 years, the interior line is still a problem and LB became a joke. Even overshhown who I have hopes for is still more of a tweener. That seemed to be the theme here under Quinn. A bunch of safeties he can convert to undersized LBs. A D very good at creating turnovers, but still gashed in the run, couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down and undisciplined.