In Due time, Zimmer will be the Scapegoat

GINeric

Reaction score
so his DEFENSE was the main issue of the season??

Nope. The lack of run game, quarterbacking sometimes, as well as the defense's inability to stop the run and get teams off of the field on 3rd down.

But you singled out Quinn. Quinn's defensive method with lighter defensive linemen and 180 pound safeties playing linebacker was stupid and quite disastrous.

So Quinn WAS part of the problem not the ONLY problem.

So there's no way you can be part of the problem and considered a "scapegoat". That doesn't make sense.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nope. The lack of run game, quarterbacking sometimes, as well as the defense's inability to stop the run and get teams off of the field on 3rd down.

But you singled out Quinn. Quinn's defensive method with lighter defensive linemen and 180 pound safeties playing linebacker was stupid and quite disastrous.

So Quinn WAS part of the problem not the ONLY problem.

So there's no way you can be part of the problem and considered a "scapegoat". That doesn't make sense.
well he was enough of the problem to be canned!! did the OC get canned if we had these issues that you state??

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Agreed. After 3 years, the interior line is still a problem and LB became a joke. Even overshhown who I have hopes for is still more of a tweener. That seemed to be the theme here under Quinn. A bunch of safeties he can convert to undersized LBs. A D very good at creating turnovers, but still gashed in the run, couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down and undisciplined.

Slow the game and pound the defense with the run. That was the winning formula and GB exposed it in a big way.

I hope O puts on some size he may not be a thumper but I’m hoping he can use his sideline to sideline range to be successful as a LB. We will see how Zimmer decides to use him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Say hi to Quinn, praise him, love him for the changes he's made, play some good teams, get exposed ok it's fine, it's nothing. As time goes on, we start to notices trends of the

Enter in Mike Zimmer- Zim will probably be exposed, and fans will want him gone, just hold on to your seat-belts!!!!
More negative guessing....that's all you're doing....gguessing. why don't you guess that he will dona great job, after you said in another one of your numerous threads that he will be our next HC. Throwing darts in the dark again.
Please give me your thoughts.

GINeric

Reaction score
well he was enough of the problem to be canned!! did the OC get canned if we had these issues that you state??
The OC wasn't putting players out of position. Why would the OC get canned the year he has a quarterback in the MVP race and made 2nd team All Pro, WITHOUT a running game?

The OC can do alot better, but he lacked the proper personnel. He didn't have the personnel for the offensive scheme in the running game. With that said the OC COULD do a better job getting our running backs in space.

Quinn had personnel up front, but made them lose weight to get lighter, therefor they were pushed around like high schoolers. He also had Parsons in disadvantaged positions.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More negative guessing....that's all you're doing....gguessing. why don't you guess that he will dona great job, after you said in another one of your numerous threads that he will be our next HC. Throwing darts in the dark again.
Please give me your thoughts.
In all fairness its called called a hypothesis after 28 years of watching Jerry Jones making decisions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Say hi to Quinn, praise him, love him for the changes he's made, play some good teams, get exposed ok it's fine, it's nothing. As time goes on, we start to notices trends of the defense being bad under him, fans see, uproar in anger increases. Another year goes by, fans are blown away by how bad his defense was, and it can't stop a certain coaching tree of coaches. Fan uproar is so bad, that it's time for him to go, fans forget about the good he brought to this defense, time to go!!

Enter in Mike Zimmer- Fans are already saying he's the coach we need, the disciplinarian, he's not a slouch, he'll do things the way he wants to, he will improve this defense. We shall see, in time, Zim will probably be exposed, and fans will want him gone, just hold on to your seat-belts!!!!
its called HOPE. and Jerry is master hope generator. 28 years of it. even after the first two 5-11 seasons, he was all in. we are going to win superbowl, blah blah blah.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean 28 years is a lot of lab work.
So you're OK with floundering? Saying he's the next head coach and then saying he's the next scapegoat....that sounds like guessing for clicks to me.
Most around have their views and stick to them. I may not always agree, but I can respect their conviction.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you're OK with floundering? Saying he's the next head coach and then saying he's the next scapegoat....that sounds like guessing for clicks to me.
Most around have their views and stick to them. I may not always agree, but I can respect their conviction.
Its not floundering because I am not the one making the decisions ....... after that disgusting display against Green bay I would have cleaned house ......... my problem is Jerry makes important decisions by what makes him comfortable.

I would not be surprised if Zimmer is the next head coach ......... I would also not be surprised if a prettier and shinier option comes available and Jerry goes that way.

Whatever makes Jerry the most comfortable and appeases his ego the most is what he will do ........ not what is the best way to win football games.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its not floundering because I am not the one making the decisions ....... after that disgusting display against Green bay I would have cleaned house ......... my problem is Jerry makes important decisions by what makes him comfortable.

I would not be surprised if Zimmer is the next head coach ......... I would also not be surprised if a prettier and shinier option comes available and Jerry goes that way.

Whatever makes Jerry the most comfortable and appeases his ego the most is what he will do ........ not what is the best way to win football games.
I'm not talking about you...,you actually no football.

75boyz

Reaction score
Speculation and all, but Zim would be another appropriate scapegoat if Jerry wanted to extend McFraud and avoid a complete coaching staff do over.
Or if not, a full clean house coaching turnover in which Wonder Boy Moore returns as HC and he and Dak are re-united.
**** yeah!
That's some all in for the future I could get behind.

And yes, sarcasm extreme.
lol

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Say hi to Quinn, praise him, love him for the changes he's made, play some good teams, get exposed ok it's fine, it's nothing. As time goes on, we start to notices trends of the defense being bad under him, fans see, uproar in anger increases. Another year goes by, fans are blown away by how bad his defense was, and it can't stop a certain coaching tree of coaches. Fan uproar is so bad, that it's time for him to go, fans forget about the good he brought to this defense, time to go!!

Enter in Mike Zimmer- Fans are already saying he's the coach we need, the disciplinarian, he's not a slouch, he'll do things the way he wants to, he will improve this defense. We shall see, in time, Zim will probably be exposed, and fans will want him gone, just hold on to your seat-belts!!!!
They all get figured out eventually then move on to different team and wash,rinse and repeat.