In honor of May 4th, here is the greatest battle scene in cinema history

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My older son was 5 when the first one came out and he and his entire generation are tied to a film series like no other generation,

I laugh every time I am around them and they start in on their critique and hammering Lucas for the Ewoks and JarJar Binks. Lucas milked that entire generation like a bunch of tied up goats and their parents as well with must have action figures, lunch boxes, light sabers and they used to line up for the first midnight showing of every new film while hammering the previous films except for the Zen Empire Strikes Back.

It may be the only fandom that hammers the films while talking about how many times they've seen each one of them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My older son was 5 when the first one came out and he and his entire generation are tied to a film series like no other generation,

I laugh every time I am around them and they start in on their critique and hammering Lucas for the Ewoks and JarJar Binks. Lucas milked that entire generation like a bunch of tied up goats and their parents as well with must have action figures, lunch boxes, light sabers and they used to line up for the first midnight showing of every new film while hammering the previous films except for the Zen Empire Strikes Back.

It may be the only fandom that hammers the films while talking about how many times they've seen each one of them.
I was kid when the Return of the Jedi came out. Ewok Village was my "good guy" base when I played with my toys ( Skeletors Lair was the bad guy base)

When Episode 8 came out, a guy at work whonis basically the living embodiment of the comic book guy fromnthe Simpson told me he loved it. Then he proceeded to list everything he hated about it for 45 minutes

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Old man Yoda versus Palpatine on the day of Luke's (and his sister's) birth:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Old man Yoda versus Palpatine on the day of Luke's (and his sister's) birth:

This and the Dookoo fight makes the clip so funny. Dude is throwing down on a master, and then he is hit R2D2 with a stick like a 5 year throwing a tantrum.

Although Im sure they were in cohoots. Are at minimum well aware of the other

SlammedZero

Reaction score
In my early 20s, when us bachelors would head downtown to the clubs, there was one place we would frequent that would often play this fight scene on all the TVs (sometime randomly during the night). Sounds terrible typing it out, but somehow it worked. Always broke up the monotony of just pure club music.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This and the Dookoo fight makes the clip so funny. Dude is throwing down on a master, and then he is hit R2D2 with a stick like a 5 year throwing a tantrum.

Although Im sure they were in cohoots. Are at minimum well aware of the other
R2D2 has no clue. His memory banks had been previously wiped of ever knowing Yoda.