In memory of those “Pet cats” of the past

conner01

Reaction score
thats what I find frustrating is I think he’s a good corner whose feisty and a dawg but our staffs alwyas value size first

Don’t get me wrong love the Diggs and Robinson picks, but I hope they let 27 compete
I think Lewis is a good CB
I like he is aggressive for the ball
I like the new guys and I suspect we lose one or both of awuzie and Lewis after this year
But I think Lewis will be starting somewhere

camaro69926

Reaction score
I remember cheering for Rambo to get on the field during the preseason. There was also a running back late 90's early 2000's that was all speed. I remember playing Madden and taking Emmitt out putting the 3rd string guy in because of his speed. I might have been pretty drunk too?

John813

Reaction score
I remember cheering for Rambo to get on the field during the preseason. There was also a running back late 90's early 2000's that was all speed. I remember playing Madden and taking Emmitt out putting the 3rd string guy in because of his speed. I might have been pretty drunk too?

Michael Wiley?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I remember going to training camp in the late 90s, and someone talking up Jeff Ogden like he was the second coming of Irvin.:facepalm:

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Davon Coleman, David Arkin, Bill Nagy, Charles Tapper, Randal Williams....Does Henry Melton count?? I remember we brought him in and i had big expectations but he was more of a bust.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a pet cat that’s ever amounted to anything? I want a dog not a cat.

I think they are referring to lions, cheetahs, leopards, etc. when they say 'cat.'
No offense to my real pet cat Kuma (passed away at 22 years old in Oct) who was every bit as tough and fearless as any animal yet, almost always friendly. One raised paw and hiss is all it took and the dogs 50 times his size ran away scared. Those big dogs ran whimpering and cowering to me for protection. Gave the cat a fist-paw bump and looked at the dogs like ... seriously.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Who was the WR who was having an awesome camp only to break his leg during the last play of the last preseason game and never to be heard from agan after? Felt bad for him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great post. I seem to remember hearing Darren Benson was going to revolutionize the DT position.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about some old school days pet cats from the 70s? Like WR Golden Richards, WR Percy Howard (who was almost a hero in SB X), RB Doug Dennison, DE Bill Gregory, or RB Scott Laidlaw (who was part Native American)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think they are referring to lions, cheetahs, leopards, etc. when they say 'cat.'
No offense to my real pet cat Kuma (passed away at 22 years old in Oct) who was every bit as tough and fearless as any animal yet, almost always friendly. One raised paw and hiss is all it took and the dogs 50 times his size ran away scared. Those big dogs ran whimpering and cowering to me for protection. Gave the cat a fist-paw bump and looked at the dogs like ... seriously.

Our cat passed away at age 17 last July.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you’re going to have a pet cat you want to get one like that black cat that ran on the field during the Giants game last season. That cat had some nastiness to it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
How about some old school days pet cats from the 70s? Like WR Golden Richards, WR Percy Howard (who was almost a hero in SB X), RB Doug Dennison, DE Bill Gregory, or RB Scott Laidlaw (who was part Native American)
Dave Stalls, Bruce Huther.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
yes he did. My dad was golfing buddies with Chad's father and got me an autographed card of him from stanford. He signed it "the next cowboys super bowl champ QB". Damn i need to find that card.
:laugh: