In no world is Rush better

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the expectations for Dak Prescott were sky high, largely due to his success in 2016 during his rookie year.

But let's see....hmmm....he had an all-world OL, good receivers, a solid running game with a ROY in Zeke Elliott. Everything fell until place for a rookie 4th round draft pick.

But let us remember that he was a 4th rounder, and he had a TON of help earlier in the career.

To ask him to take the reigns and "lead" this team to the promised land is disingenuous at best. Here's what I know: Dallas will *never* get to the SB with Dak as QB. If they do, I'll gladly and happily revoke my memory from this board right after they win the NFC Championship game with Dak at the helm.

Now they won't get to the NFC Championship game with Cooper Rush either. Honestly, this is like 1985-87, with Danny White (at that point vin his career) vs. Steve Pelleur vs. Gary Hogeboom. Neither one of them, and neither one of today's QBs will be leading this team to the SB.

Wake me up when we get our next Aikman. Until then, it's 6 and 1/2 dozen of the other. Seriously, who cares? Too much time an energy spent on a topic that in the grand scheme of things won't matter ultimately.

Nexx

Reaction score
so I guess our Oline, WR's and Moore arent all broken like Dakazoids will claim?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Do you believe Dak can carry an offense? I haven't seen it happen.

Dak's numbers speak for itself.

Dak is not Rodgers or Brady but he's not the clown show that all our "fans" claim he is either.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It’s a mystery why back up QB are conceived to be best QB when they do their job. Even with a cloud over Dak’s head is Rush the better QB. Remember when we didn’t think Rush was the 2 ?
Thanks for this. The Rush love fest is hard to comprehend. He played well. Great for him. He is nowhere close to Dak. They won because the defense balled out and the offensive game plan was miles better than week 1.

blueblood70

Reaction score
People are still sold on Dak's rookie season when we had a dominant O-Line and a great running game. Even Mark Sanchez looked good when he had a dominant O-line and a good running game. Sanchez took the Jets to 2 AFC championship games. Dak couldn't even win us one playoff game.
you mean the Seattle game? yes he did , ,Lost confused fans clueless, his rookie year he played GREAT against GB, defense blew that game, defense blew the 18 rams game gave up over 250yards rushing. 9er game daks supposed to overcome 14 Penalty's and bad OL play??

are you that clueless you cant see the reasons we lost those games and it wasn't dak..Dak has never had that kind of defense those jet defenses were like the 2000 ravens even better than our current defsne ..yes he was bus driver Sanchez much like flacco and Dilfer got the benefit of great teams and great coaching.. show me where dak got any of that. you cant win by yourself.

hes never once been the sole reason we lost, no one can go back and ay dang if dak didn't suck we would've won.

Reactions: BAT

erod

Reaction score

Dak is not Rodgers or Brady but he's not the clown show that all our "fans" claim he is either.
Look at Dak's last 10 games or so.

In fact, if you love stats so much, look at Dak's numbers every year in his career after November 1st.

Better yet, just watch the games and disregard meaningless stats, which say almost nothing about how a QB plays in key moments.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you believe Dak can carry an offense? I haven't seen it happen.
show me qbs that overcome a horrible team play.. not may maybe 3 elite qbs of all time but really aikman did he overcome that first no Jimmy debacle in SF? no he didn't his team blew that game he couldn't not overcome being down what 21-0 over Tos..goive it reast all qbs need help almost none overcome some game like daks been part of..

Blackrain

Reaction score
Rush did his job well but going forward teams now know his weakness. Expect more interceptions. Love his story and glad he’s having success so far. He’s 2-0 in 2 very important games.
Yeah we can tell you're really elated about his success as we're told to expect more interceptions.
Sad thought you were really a Cowboys fan but you're a DAk fan and so am I but not to the point I can't be totally elated over what we're getting from Cooper Rush.

If you're going to compliment him just give him a compliment you don't need to throw a wet blanket on it afterwards.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He's not the top 10 QB he's said to be either, unless the league is full of really bad QBs. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, because he has all the tools he needs to be a very good QB, but it's becoming more clear that he doesn't always know which tool to use for the job at hand. He's been in what appears to be a steady decline, and people can use the injury excuse all they want, but if that's the reason, then he's injury prone, which is no more useful than a lack of talent.

He's our starting QB for a long time to come, so I hope the light comes on soon and he starts playing the way a franchise QB should, but I'm not making excuses for him, nor am I going to fight the concept of finding someone more consistent.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Acceptablename, post: 12093307, member: 41938"]It’s a mystery why back up QB are conceived to be best QB when they do their job. Even with a cloud over Dak’s head is Rush the better QB. Remember when we didn’t think Rush was the 2 ?[/QUOTE]

Does the same thing apply to Dak when he took over for Romo? he wasn't even the backup..he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Romo and Moore..and was no way a better QB than Romo

jgboys1

Reaction score
you mean the Seattle game? yes he did , ,Lost confused fans clueless, his rookie year he played GREAT against GB, defense blew that game, defense blew the 18 rams game gave up over 250yards rushing. 9er game daks supposed to overcome 14 Penalty's and bad OL play??

are you that clueless you cant see the reasons we lost those games and it wasn't dak..Dak has never had that kind of defense those jet defenses were like the 2000 ravens even better than our current defsne ..yes he was bus driver Sanchez much like flacco and Dilfer got the benefit of great teams and great coaching.. show me where dak got any of that. you cant win by yourself.

hes never once been the sole reason we lost, no one can go back and ay dang if dak didn't suck we would've won.
I hope you and Dak prove me wrong when he comes back. I don’t think so though. He is not worth the money Jerry is paying him.

PS. I don’t think Cooper Rush is the answer either.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His near td was a “reception”

and his 1 yard td run was not a big part of it
A short pass (possibly a screen pass, I don't remember) for a huge RAC. In the spirit of the post, I won't differentiate between them. He did the damage we needed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
show me qbs that overcome a horrible team play.. not may maybe 3 elite qbs of all time but really aikman did he overcome that first no Jimmy debacle in SF? no he didn't his team blew that game he couldn't not overcome being down what 21-0 over Tos..goive it reast all qbs need help almost none overcome some game like daks been part of..
But that's exactly what "carrying the team" is. You can't fault Rush for not being able to, if you don't fault Dak for the same thing.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Not saying Rush is better than Dak at this point
Something is wrong with Dak and it’s not physical...it’s been discussed in several threads
In SF game vs good team he sucked and looked lost.
They say he has a tremendous offseason and is best ever.
First game vs good team and he sucked and looked lost
Something is up with the vattos head....doesn’t take a genius to figure that out and believe me I’m no genius
I know it's not happening but would like to see more of Rush and less of Dak when Dak returns

Excellent analysis and I believe you're 100% right.

Every year is different. In the NFL used to be's don't count.
Dak has all the physical tools to be an elite quarterback but I think at critical times he lacks confidence and it causes indecision and panic.

Cooper Rush has a more limited skill set physically but mentally is on top of his game Right now.

When they let him throw the ball on 4th and two I was truly amazed because that could have snowballed into a mess and he came up big and my belief is that he was mentally prepared and had years of chemistry with Noah Brown that gave him confidence.