In praise of Terry Glenn

Bizwah

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
hmmm, a while back i posted that I thought TG was "one of the most underrated WRs in the league," "probably a top 12 WR in the league" and that with TO our WR corps "was pretty comparable to the Colts WR corps" and I got blasted for about 12 pages in a thread.

Heavens, I wouldn't blast you for that.

I agree that our WR talent is unreal. Very comparable to the Colts.

Harrison and TO are close
Wayne isn't quite as good as Glenn
Stokley is better than Crayton

jay cee

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
(Now if only a certain other WR could grow up a little bit. Meanwhile, I'm secretly wishing we give the Pats a 1st rounder for Branch, & then cut TO. I think Branch & Glenn, along with our other youngsters, would be a great mix.)
Oh boy, would I love to see that happen. A chill went down my spine just from reading your post.

ghst187

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Heavens, I wouldn't blast you for that.

I agree that our WR talent is unreal. Very comparable to the Colts.

Harrison and TO are close
Wayne isn't quite as good as Glenn
Stokley is better than Crayton

I got called a lot of names, my feelings got hurt very badly
I cried for three days. :D

I agree with your comparisons.
I compared Harrison and Glenn just based on last year's performance since some of their key stats, like yardage, were pretty close.
I said "TO > Wayne"
"Harrison > Glenn, but its not a huge dropoff
"Stokely > Crayton"
"Witten > Clark"

the "not a huge dropoff" got some people upset apparently.

ghst187

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
(Now if only a certain other WR could grow up a little bit. Meanwhile, I'm secretly wishing we give the Pats a 1st rounder for Branch, & then cut TO. I think Branch & Glenn, along with our other youngsters, would be a great mix.)

I actually think that it wouldn't be a horrible idea because think about it...
we may not be quite as dynamic but we'd get younger at WR
If we go deep into the playoffs, our draft pick will be late 20s or early 30s anyway. If you draft a WR, it usually takes 2-3 yrs before they turn into what you'd instantly have with Branch, and that's IF the draft pick wasn't a bust.
The TO nightmare would go away. Heck NO or Oakland would probably give us a draft pick for him anyway.

I'm not promoting it, just pondering it. I think TO can get us there this year if he plays but Branch is pretty inviting IMO. If TO doesn't play then all the pressure is on Glenn again and defenses shut down our the running game.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
I said a week ago and I'll maintain that Terry Glenn may be the best reciever on this team. TO may have all world talent but the distractions that he brings to a team negate a substantial portion of what he actually accomplishes on the field.

Its taken me a couple years to warm up to Glenn. I think he's one of the best in the business.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I agree with the praise heaped upon Glenn, we do need to keep an eye on the future as he is on the wrong side of 30. I would like to see Glenn finish his career a Cowboy even if his role is reduced to being a #3 or #4 WR.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Aside from the obvious--the fact that SHE is a phenomenal WR, what sticks out to me is Terry's absolute joy in playing. His reactions after his catches just remind me of a happy kid who's doing what he loves & is having an absolute blast. It's nice to see a vet like that still have that kind of fun--the same kind of joy you see in the rookies when they hit the field.

agree 100%.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do have to admit..."she's" a sweetheart! :p:

Why do you think the QB makes so may passes at her?

:star: