In Retrospect:Regret taking ellis over moss?

Sifillest

Reaction score
ellis is a pure dallas guy, and we all love him.....but i dont know, i think that in any scenario,i would take moss.....i think parcells could have beaten some sense in him...and we have excellent leadership on our squad so there wouldnt be any kind of trouble....what do you guys say?

silver

Reaction score
Sifillest said:
ellis is a pure dallas guy, and we all love him.....but i dont know, i think that in any scenario,i would take moss.....i think parcells could have beaten some sense in him...and we have excellent leadership on our squad so there wouldnt be any kind of trouble....what do you guys say?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hoods

Reaction score
Dude, if Chris Carter couldn't beat sense to him, not even the great Parcells can.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
is this a record? I swear this is the third one I saw this Off season.

East Popcorn St

Reaction score
silver said:

Amen, brother. Amen.

No offense to you, Sillifest, but . . . just . . . no. And it's not like I don't think of it from time to time when I can't sleep, anyway. I just think I mostly exhausted any strength I might have had to opine on this subject around the offseason of 2000 or so.

Please. No more. Make it stop.

Can we at least take the following as having already been covered before anyone decides to proceed?

Argument:
"Moss is a thug."

Counter-argument:
"But he's great!"

Counter-counter argument:
"Ellis is consistent, he's solid, no arrests."

Counter-counter-counter argument:
"But he's never even been to a Pro Bowl!"

Alright. Carry on. :D

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Sifillest said:

..let's move along.

Tristan

Reaction score
One year with him opposite of Irvin would have made it all worth it.Most Importantly we would not have traded two first round picks for Galloway. And we could have traded him for the Raiders first pick and replaced his punk *** with Mike Williams. The overral ramafications this move had on the franchise is mind blowing. Would Aikman and Irvin have ever gotten hurt?etc.etc.
Allright I got it out, now I can go obsess over my lingering regret about us passing on Shaun Rogers for Dixon and Quinthy, OUCH!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldn't take Moss if you threw in a guaranteed Super Bowl victory with it.

He's a lowlife piece of trash and I hope he stays as far away from DAL as possible.

As for Ellis, he's the exact opposite. A class act. Team leader. Great player. The kind of guy we would be fortunate to draft again if given the chance.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
uuuuuhhhh.... let's see.... minnesota trades moss - and shoots UP the "offseason moves" charts....

'scuse me, but i refuse to whine over our selection of ellis. AAAAND i rest easy at night. "greg ellis" and "police blotter" are as unlikely a headlines combo as "<your name here>" and "lotto winner"....

get over it already.

Rude

Reaction score
Everyone drop the koolade..............

You all know if Moss was a cowboy and Ellis was a viking, we would never trade moss for ellis. And for all those that complain about Moss problems, lets not forget one of our all time greats, Irvin.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Rude said:
Everyone drop the koolade..............

You all know if Moss was a cowboy and Ellis was a viking, we would never trade moss for ellis. And for all those that complain about Moss problems, lets not forget one of our all time greats, Irvin.

The voice of reason never disappoints. If you could celebrate a known drug user such as Michael Irvin. Then, you could celebrate a person whose arrogance is surpassed only by his playmaking ability.

Teams would kill to have a 6'4" 220 pound WR who can run a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash and have a 40" vertical. That includes Parcells.

You all should get over the fact that every single one of your players won't be a Golden boy. Randy Moss may have some character flaws but you can't always have Christmas. You all have to swallow your pride and unrealistic views of how a team should be constructed and just accept the fact that Randy Moss has something that Ellis hasn't shown: Moss is a difference maker. Teams plan a defense around him. Ellis doesn't have an offense adjusted to make him a non-factor.

That's as simple as it gets. Moss has been the better player. You all might not think so but he has. Ellis has what... one Pro Bowl appearance? Randy Moss has numerous appearances and has established offensive dominance. Ellis hasn't established the domineering presence on defense. He's a good DE but he's no Dwight Freeney or Julius Peppers. If he were, the comparison would be closer. Since he isn't, it's a no-brainer.

You can justify picking Ellis however you choose but Moss is simply the better player.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
The voice of reason never disappoints. If you could celebrate a known drug user such as Michael Irvin. Then, you could celebrate a person whose arrogance is surpassed only by his playmaking ability.

Teams would kill to have a 6'4" 220 pound WR who can run a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash and have a 40" vertical. That includes Parcells.

You all should get over the fact that every single one of your players won't be a Golden boy. Randy Moss may have some character flaws but you can't always have Christmas. You all have to swallow your pride and unrealistic views of how a team should be constructed and just accept the fact that Randy Moss has something that Ellis hasn't shown: Moss is a difference maker. Teams plan a defense around him. Ellis doesn't have an offense adjusted to make him a non-factor.

That's as simple as it gets. Moss has been the better player. You all might not think so but he has. Ellis has what... one Pro Bowl appearance? Randy Moss has numerous appearances and has established offensive dominance. Ellis hasn't established the domineering presence on defense. He's a good DE but he's no Dwight Freeney or Julius Peppers. If he were, the comparison would be closer. Since he isn't, it's a no-brainer.

You can justify picking Ellis however you choose but Moss is simply the better player.
and if ya don't believe KDWilliams85 - just ask the team that drafted him.... :rolleyes:

jman

Reaction score
Sifillest said:

For the 17,354th time...no regrets taking Ellis over Moss.

Even going back in time and knowing what I know today about the two of them, I would still rather have Ellis than Moss and would pick him all over again.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that Ellis is a better "player" than Moss. By "player", I'm talking sheer physical talent and production at their respective position. Moss will certainly be remembered and compared with some of the greatest ever at WR. Ellis will probably never get such acclaim at DE.

But Moss is a stain on what ever organization he plays for and I like him better on someone else's team.

CalMor

Reaction score
Yall do remember we have Keyshawn Johnson dont you ? You ask 32 teams which player they would rather have on their team right now. I believe Moss would be your answer.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Hmmm,..these 'me,me,me guys' sure they have loads of talent.. but they create side effects.. that disrupt a team. IMO.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Moss was actually "under control" with the guidance of Cris Carter. It was when Carter retired that he started to "act out".

Moss is an attention *****. Just like so many players in this league.

The one thing I always miss about the good ol' days were players like Barry Sanders, John Riggins, and Emmitt Smith, amongst others. They had respect for the game.

That is something that a lot of these guys nowadays do not seem to have, ie: Sean Taylor, TO, Moss, Horn, etc.

Act like you've been there and it wont be the last time.

Moss is a problem.

Think about this, the Eagles had the 31st pick in the draft with plenty of other picks to make a deal happen and plenty of cap room, yet the Eagles had apparently no interest in one of the top WRs in the game. They took a chance on TO, we all see how that is going thus far (Not that I think that TO will be a no-show).

Picturing TO and Moss in Philly is a scary concept.