In Retrospect:Regret taking ellis over moss?

ravidubey

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I wouldn't take Moss if you threw in a guaranteed Super Bowl victory with it.

He's a lowlife piece of trash and I hope he stays as far away from DAL as possible.

As for Ellis, he's the exact opposite. A class act. Team leader. Great player. The kind of guy we would be fortunate to draft again if given the chance.

Hold on a minute. "lowlife piece of trash" is extreme. Moss isn't a choir boy but he's a damned fine receiver and personally slammed shut the playoff window of the Triplets in the 1990's.

Minnesota shot past Dallas because of Moss. They humiliated Dallas in 1998 on Thanksgiving and then KO'd them once more in the 1999 playoffs.

These memory may have been buried in denial by most of you, but they are facts. There is NO COMPARISON! You take Moss.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Good god the character police are out in full today.

SkinsandTerps said:
Think about this, the Eagles had the 31st pick in the draft with plenty of other picks to make a deal happen and plenty of cap room, yet the Eagles had apparently no interest in one of the top WRs in the game.
It took the 7th pick overall and a former 1st round pick in Napoleon Harris to get Randy Moss. What the Hell is the 31st pick? It would have taken darned near the entire Philly draft to equal that combo.
SkinsandTerps said:
They took a chance on TO, we all see how that is going thus far.
Yeah, it took them to the Superbowl.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Huh..Moss under control ??? When??? I remember games when he would get in Carter's face. Look what TO has done in Philly, in one season.. and now add Moss, as you stated..that would be as close as a nuclear meltdown as one could get. IMO

Sifillest

Reaction score
welll i think mcslab and dawkins could kick their *** into submission anytime.....id take that explosive(and implosive) WR combo anytime.....and i could put trent dilfer behind our line and we would get to the superbowl no questions asked!(well maybe)

burmafrd

Reaction score
Moss had less to do with the last 2 years of the triplets being unsuccessful then a weakening O line, deteriorating D, and steadily declining coaching.
Lets be brutally frank: 1996 was the ONLY year after our LAST SB WIN that we had a DECENT shot at winning it all. From 1997 ON- No chance in hell.
JJ was about the only one who kept thinking we could win one more with what we had left.
Moss is, has been, always will be GARBAGE. TO is only slightly less of a team cancer. The Vikes had, what ONE year when they were really good when Moss was there?
Have they made it to the SB? even to the conference championship?
Give me a lesser player with class over a great player with no class everytime.
Irvin was wild- but he was a team guy- he put it all out there all the time.
You did not see HIM walking off the field before the game ended.
You did not see HIM taking plays off.
You did not see HIM dogging it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I had a bird dog once. Best range and nose I've seen outside a competition.

Never would honor a point. Wouldn't stay on point enough either. Flushed the birds before I could get there too often.

Most talented dog I ever had. Couldn't work with him or count on him though. Sold him to some sucker who was impressed with his field work.

Wonder if he ever got that dog to settle down?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sifillest said:
ellis is a pure dallas guy, and we all love him.....but i dont know, i think that in any scenario,i would take moss.....i think parcells could have beaten some sense in him...and we have excellent leadership on our squad so there wouldnt be any kind of trouble....what do you guys say?

On that draft day I'll be honest there was a part of me that wanted us to get Moss but in hindsight I'm glad we passed on him, he guy is a head case and just not worth the trouble, especially considering what that Cowboys team was going through at the time with players getting into trouble and the media beating us up almost on a daily bases. Minn found that out

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Better question,.. Had the trade come to us, knowing what we know now about both players; Ellis and about the next 2 years worth of draft picks for Moss- would you take it?

I would have taken it then and I would take it now,.. even regardless of whatelse it would cost, cause god knows, Ellis isn't worth the shoestring dragging behind Moss in the trade market today or any year...he just isn't.

Sifillest

Reaction score
donno.....moss is great,but there will be someone better than him soon enough,.....hell i wanna personally draft vince young nex year cause hes going to be another culpepper,and ill take culpepper over moss anyday

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i wanted wistrom, but greg is good people who gives 110%.
i look for greg to have his best year as a cowboy this year.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Sifillest said:
welll i think mcslab and dawkins could kick their *** into submission anytime.....id take that explosive(and implosive) WR combo anytime.....and i could put trent dilfer behind our line and we would get to the superbowl no questions asked!(well maybe)

Well sure - look at all the Superbowls Moss and the Vikes went to . . .

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
M'Kevon said:
Well sure - look at all the Superbowls Moss and the Vikes went to . . .

Randy Moss and the Vikings were in the same boat that Peyton Manning and the Colts are in now. They had a prolific offense but a sub-par defense.

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
I SAY L.I.G it let it go...It hurts to think about it..and where we could have been right now...

Michael Irvin Proabably would have still been playing, Aikman probably still could have been playing, and Emmitt don't know cause he a runningback that endures a lot of hits over the years.. We probably could've been leading the NFL in Superbowl Rings over the 49ers...

Pooz

Reaction score
I regret a lot of drafts in the last 10 yrs. At least it appears this years was better on paper at least?