In the best interest of the Cowboys

jr40usa

Reaction score
is for BP to retire. The team needs to know they have a coach that will be on board for the 4 years or more. They don't need to hear again next year that BP may retire. The fans don't want to hear is BP going to retire.
BP just go ahead and retire.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
If he is going to retire he needs to do it asap. Leaving the team up in the air until after the SB is just wrong. JJ has treated him fairly BP needs to reciprocate.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jr40usa;1298229 said:
is for BP to retire. The team needs to know they have a coach that will be on board for the 4 years or more. They don't need to hear again next year that BP may retire. The fans don't want to hear is BP going to retire.
BP just go ahead and retire.

This is a HUGE part of the equation that many refuse to ponder.

Everyone (especially all the players) knows Parcells is a carpet bagger who will leave when he damn well wants to, and it won't be more than a year or two away. That's the way it's been since he landed here.

For me (and I am assuming many of the players) there is no sense of loyalty and future together. Why bust your *** for a guy with saggy teats who cares just as much about building his house in Saratoga and getting it just right for retirement so he can play the ponies next year.

I said it since DAY ONE - this was a BAD MIX. An old coach who wants to "win now" and a team that needed to be rebuilt, totally from ground up - not by using old former players and stop gap players/overpriced free agents cashing in at the end of their career.

I predicted it wouldn't work, it HASN'T worked and if manboobs happens to come back next year...........IT WON'T WORK AGAIN.

He's assembled a set of keystone cops for assistant coaches and well................let's put it this way................Bill Parcells, in his tenure here is just about .500............. big friggin deal.

OK - carry on....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Cbz40;1298244 said:
If he is going to retire he needs to do it asap. Leaving the team up in the air until after the SB is just wrong. JJ has treated him fairly BP needs to reciprocate.
yeah, he needs to let Jerry know asap

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;1298244 said:

Pathetically enough, I recall this EXACT conversation last year, or was it the year before, or both.............you get the picture....

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sarge;1298312 said:
Pathetically enough, I recall this EXACT conversation last year, or was it the year before, or both.............you get the picture....

Both.......just like the conversation about fixing the OL .....5 straight years.

Aikbach

Reaction score
He'll be back for a second round of Gatorade commercials and just maybe a Super Bowl.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cbz40;1298321 said:
Both.......just like the conversation about fixing the OL .....5 straight years.
I think we're 4/5 of the way there (re: O-line). With Steinbach replacing Rivera we could make it 5/5 in his 5th year. :D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i've been fuming over the results parcells generated during the stretch-run this season. but now that it's over for us - i can't say it's in the best interest of the team to see him go.

the cowboys need some work but i think they're closer than it appears after a brutal december and new year. replace a fading rivera, add a catalytic passrusher, and modify the coverage schemes....

a pretty young team got their feet wet last nite. the experience, bitter as it was, could well drive them over the top.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
theogt;1298330 said:
I think we're 4/5 of the way there (re: O-line). With Steinbach replacing Rivera we could make it 5/5 in his 5th year. :D

Sounds like a plan to me. :D

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Adams/McQuistan,Kosier,Gurode,Steinbach/Blalock,Colombo would make a solid Oline imo. We need to draft for depth and future starters

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1298331 said:
i've been fuming over the results parcells generated during the stretch-run this season. but now that it's over for us - i can't say it's in the best interest of the team to see him go.

the cowboys need some work but i think they're closer than it appears after a brutal december and new year. replace a fading rivera, add a catalytic passrusher, and modify the coverage schemes....

a pretty young team got their feet wet last nite. the experience, bitter as it was, could well drive them over the top.

Yes Sir... but the December nose dive has become a habit. When Bill starts running out of gas so does the team.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Cbz40;1298348 said:
Yes Sir... but the December nose dive has become a habit. When Bill starts running out of gas so does the team.
But what is the exact cause of the team leveling off? In each season there have been different reasons why.

2003:Our offensive/defensive liabilities were exposed against better competition

2005:Injuries to Henry, Nguyen and the Oline

2006: Team lost focus after Giants win, Payton exposes secondary

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;1298373 said:
But what is the exact cause of the team leveling off? In each season there have been different reasons why.

2003:Our offensive/defensive liabilities were exposed against better competition

Every team has injuries........the good ones compensate.

Teams losing focus? A good head coach will not allow that.

You left 2004 off.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Cbz40;1298348 said:

oh they were truly pitiful the last 5 games of the regular season. but that team was pretty well prepared last nite, IMO. a few player miscues but, other than his apparent reluctance to take more shots downfield in the passing game (which i chalk up to BP wanting to protect romo from mistaking away the ballgame - understandable given his recent bout of turnover-itis) i didn't really have a problem with the game parcells called last nite.

dallas coulda/shoulda won that game. not much diff from the washington debacle earlier this season. vet teams pull those out. i hope this season made them a saltier bunch.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
There is going to be some suicidal people around here pretty soon:lmao2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1298385 said:
oh they were truly pitiful the last 5 games of the regular season. but that team was pretty well prepared last nite, IMO. a few player miscues but, other than his apparent reluctance to take more shots downfield in the passing game (which i chalk up to BP wanting to protect romo from mistaking away the ballgame - understandable given his recent bout of turnover-itis) i didn't really have a problem with the game parcells called last nite.

dallas coulda/shoulda won that game. not much diff from the washington debacle earlier this season. vet teams pull those out. i hope this season made them a saltier bunch.

:hammer:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
windward;1298373 said:

I really think is a reflection of their coach. Bill starts the season with alot of energy by the time Dec. rolls around that energy is hitting rock bottom. The team seems to do so as well.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Sarge;1298382 said:
Every team has injuries........the good ones compensate.

Teams losing focus? A good head coach will not allow that.

You left 2004 off.
I left 2004 off cause there really wasn't a decline, we stunk all year round

As far as injuries, well we were starting tucker and Petitti at tackle with Bledsoe at quarterback a recipe for disaster if I do say so.

Focus? Well sometimes that happens with young teams.

I'm sorta on the fence for Parcells staying or leaving. If he leaves I won't be crushed. But if he stays, I still think he can turn this team into a contender.