In what ways can Jimmy influence Jerry?

Big_D

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry brought back Jimmy as a decoy, to pacify the upset fans.

The only thing that will do that are playoff wins at this point. He could hire a dozen HOF coaches.. still gotta win in January!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
One if the more serious advantages to hiring Jimmy Johnson as head coach was his direct familiarity with the BEST players in the college game - due to his being head of THE elite college football program AT THAT TIME.

The same can no longer be said. I love Johnson and his lasting impact on Cowboys history - but I have doubts about his relevance today. But I’m willing to give him a ‘show me what you got.’

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How much will Jerry listen and take heed to what is being advised to him. I know some may expect him to advise Jerry to make drastic changes, but the SMALL changes that could land big results, will Jerry listen?? Please give your thoughts
The mess with Dak…Jimmy might help Jerry move on.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How much will Jerry listen and take heed to what is being advised to him. I know some may expect him to advise Jerry to make drastic changes, but the SMALL changes that could land big results, will Jerry listen?? Please give your thoughts
I am optimistic that Jimmy can help Jeruh in theses ares.

Reality vs Fantasy
Strategy vs Luck
Planning vs Hoping

That would be a good start for me.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jimmy can tell Jerry when he is messing up. When Junior says it just doesn't have the same impact on Jerry's ego.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I doubt Jimmy will be giving any feedback on specific playcalling or schemes. I imagine he’ll be giving his opinion on some players and coaches and broad player strategy.

Jimmy has a ton of credibility and if Jerry trusts him, it could certainly help.

First the ring of honor and now this. I have to admit I’m surprised by it all.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
extenze-featuring-jimmy-johnson-small-4.jpg

cowboyed

Reaction score
Jimmy can convince Jerry that his hairspray is more effective than tape in preventing our beloved owner's toupee from sliding off his head.