Inception

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Ho-ly crap. See this movie. That is all.

Edit: My bad. I should have posted this in the movie thread. I was overly excited. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
No, it deserves it's own thread.

************SPOILERS********************

Anyone care to take a guess whether the top wobbled over? I think it was reality.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
theogt;3461381 said:
No, it deserves it's own thread.

************SPOILERS********************

Anyone care to take a guess whether the top wobbled over? I think it was reality.

I think it was reality too. Although, it was a little weird for that situation to match the moment in his head so closely. To me, it looked like the kids hadn't even aged at all and were wearing the same clothes.

I've read others who said that they were actually older. I'm not sure. I may go see it again tomorrow and I'll pay closer attention.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ozzu;3461384 said:
I think it was reality too. Although, it was a little weird for that situation to match the moment in his head so closely. To me, it looked like the kids hadn't even aged at all and were wearing the same clothes.

I've read others who said that they were actually older. I'm not sure. I may go see it again tomorrow and I'll pay closer attention.
Yes, my wife said they were wearing the same clothes.

But my problem is trying to think of how he got back to that place if it wasn't reality. He couldn't just recreate that world if he's just hanging out in the "nothing" (for lack of a better term). Otherwise, he and his wife would have created a similar world when they were stuck.

I don't see any other way he could get to a dream state like that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Also, I was wondering if this gets into Oscar territory, but I don't see how it can't get at least a nomination for Best Picture.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
theogt;3461387 said:
Yes, my wife said they were wearing the same clothes.

But my problem is trying to think of how he got back to that place if it wasn't reality. He couldn't just recreate that world if he's just hanging out in the "nothing" (for lack of a better term). Otherwise, he and his wife would have created a similar world when they were stuck.

I don't see any other way he could get to a dream state like that.

Plus, if he were in limbo and still in a dream-like state, I would figure his totem would have indicated that by now. I'd imagine he would have noticed by now if his "reality" allowed his top to spin indefinitely.

Then again, it was his wife's totem originally. Could be something wonky going on there.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
theogt;3461389 said:
Also, I was wondering if this gets into Oscar territory, but I don't see how it can't get at least a nomination for Best Picture.

A film like this bests shot is for editing, special effecte, sound or score.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3461392 said:

That'd be my guess too. It definitely deserves more though.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
The more my GF and I talked about it, the more questions came up. I think he was in reality too because he says he forgot how to dream. I think the movie and script are so clever that it's up to the viewer to decide what's real and what's not. I am DEFINITELY watching this movie again on Monday during the day. I know the answers are all there in the movie, but I just need to see it again. BEST PICTURE!!! I don't even care about what other movies come out this year....BEST PICTURE!!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
IMDB has provided some clarification on the ending. The memory version of his kids were played by different people than the "reality" version of his kids. On IMDB, the memory versions are credited as James and Phillipa at 20 months and 3 years respectively. The "reality" versions are credited as 3 years and 5 years.

So, there you go.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3461392 said:
With the move to 10 nominees, there's no doubt it'll get nominated for best picture. I think it has a real shot at winning it too.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ozzu;3461402 said:
IMDB has provided some clarification on the ending. The memory version of his kids were played by different people than the "reality" version of his kids. On IMDB, the memory versions are credited as James and Phillipa at 20 months and 3 years respectively. The "reality" versions are credited as 3 years and 5 years.

So, there you go.
Well, unfortunately, this doesn't mean it's "reality" for certain. His subconscious could have been projecting them as older.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Geez.

If you love it so much, why don't y'all just have a group wedding and marry the movie?;)

Seriously, though, I had no intention of seeing this movie until I read your glowing reviews. Now I'm strongly considering it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3461529 said:
Geez.

If you love it so much, why don't y'all just have a group wedding and marry the movie?;)

Seriously, though, I had no intention of seeing this movie until I read your glowing reviews. Now I'm strongly considering it.

Same here. I am going to see it at 3 PM CST.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ken Watanbee: "I bought the airline. I thought it would be easier."

Not the best line in the movie, but I :laugh2: nonetheless.

I haven't seen all of her films, but Ellen Page has never disappointed me in every movie that I've seen her in thus far.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Except for the shaky camera for some of the action scenes, this is a freaking great great greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat movie!!

loved the hotel fight scene, that was totally awesome!!

I think it was real life for what it is worth, but I'll have to watch it again. Then again, he could finally allow himself to see his kids' face again in his dreams because he's come to terms with what happened with his wife.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Will Leo finally get that Oscar?

Hes a great actor, IMO. I enjoy his movies.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Ozzu;3461719 said:
Just saw it again. The kids were the exact same age.

I left the theater telling my BF that the truth of the last scene depended on the length of time that had elapse from when he last saw them. From the voice of the kids on the phone at the beginning of the movie (particularly the boy's very young voice), it could very well be not very long ago that he had left his kids.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He was charged and was on the run, and they were actively looking for him so I think he was back in reality too...they wouldn't have been looking for him that hard if it was years since he fled the country, I wouldn't think.

But if the totem didn't top...then he would know that he was in fact dreaming and that he needed to just pop a cap in himself, which kind of makes it silly.

So I think he was forreal. It would be very difficult to explain how he was able to manifest all of those different people with individual personalities, etc, since all people have to be dream-sharing. Haha.

Great movie.