Initial thoughts on Tolbert?

Sully

Reaction score
He looked just like what he is.....3rd round pick. If we are being honest, I'm not sure he's done anything special in practice either, not that I heard.

As of now......my day-one starting WRs, Lamb, Brown, and Fehoko

**** And why this Dallas offense is going to struggle --BIGTIME. Teams will just double Lamb and it's over. And Let's be alittle more honest. Gallup isn't a #2 WR either. He is a #3.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
**** And why this Dallas offense is going to struggle --BIGTIME. Teams will just double Lamb and it's over. And Let's be alittle more honest. Gallup isn't a #2 WR either. He is a #3.
Idk about that...I think he is a pretty decent #2. The problem is he's missing the 1st 4 games, at least. Essentially, we're punting the first quarter of the season and hoping for a strong finish. Pitifully stupid strategy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just preseason game 1, but he looked a bit like a deer in the headlights
Expecting an upward arc from here

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t see much explosiveness in his game. What kind of receiver is he supposed to be?

Fluid route guy?
Speed guy?
Jump ball guy?
YAC guy?

We can't truly evaluate him until he gets some reps with a QB that can actually throw an NFL pass. He is a third rounder from the Sun Belt. He was highly productive in college, but it will take time to adjust to the NFL game. I mean, Cedric Wilson did absolutely NOTHING until last season and for some reason we think he is irreplaceable? In my opinion 400 yards and a few touchdowns from him would be a very successful campaign.

Last edited:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Gallup put up 1000 yards in a season. Lots of teams have #2s that will never have 1000 yards. Gallup is a more than adequate #2.

coult44

Reaction score
I didn’t see much explosiveness in his game. What kind of receiver is he supposed to be?

Fluid route guy?
Speed guy?
Jump ball guy?
YAC guy?

Tolbert = Matt Jonson

Typical Cowboys fans and media anointing players before it’s time. Why? Because they are brainwashed by The Jones Family.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of good reviews about Tolbert during training camp practices but nothing impressive about him last night. Many were talking about him being one of our top three receivers to start the season and he didn’t look ready for that.

Proof

Reaction score
not going to lie, i don’t have any clue and haven’t invested much energy into following him. but @AsthmaField has high hopes for him, so so do I

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
not going to lie, i don’t have any clue and haven’t invested much energy into following him. but @AsthmaField has high hopes for him, so so do I
It was hard to tell much from that penalty strewn mess of 2nd and 3rd string players… particularly the QB position. The drop obviously wasn’t good but overall it was an okay start. Nothing to really get excited about or to get down about.

His performance in camp though, has been encouraging.

We will have to see what he does in the next 2 preseason games, and really, we’re not going to know on him one way or another until the games start to count.

RomoLover94

Reaction score

Fluid route guy?
Speed guy?
Jump ball guy?
YAC guy?
Seems normal that rookie WRs take a couple years to “get it.” Not too concerned yet.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Looked like he had the Cowboy curl and crossing pattern down. So ready for week 1…