Inside the huddle, what the playmaker said

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
In Jason's and Jerry's defense Brad Johnson didn't look like this in preseason. He was making all the throws a QB needs to make and doing it reasonably well. Not taking about the long ball but the outs and such.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]guc4WTeWkMM[/youtube]
-----------------------------------------

This should be making the rounds by tomorrow morning, lol.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
arync;2382207 said:
the video is up on the site now, why was Irvin looking for lipstick?
Ya that was before he knew that people could still hear him during commercials :laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Really shows two things.

All the stuff you hear about jerry is true. I think he should just go sit in the new stadium by himself and let the coaches do their job.

and he is even worse at evaluating talent than I thought.

and why is irvin saying this? Two weeks ago he was blaming the offensive problems on romo and using the magic route theory with owens.......

go scream on the radio and leave this team alone.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Jerry being hot. Lot's of things are said in private and this obviously wasn't meant to be repeated outside the family. Awkward to say the least. Jerry thinks his SB team is going down the drain with Johnson who is the one who needs to go down the drain.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2382260 said:
Really shows two things.

All the stuff you hear about jerry is true. I think he should just go sit in the new stadium by himself and let the coaches do their job.

and he is even worse at evaluating talent than I thought.

and why is irvin saying this? Two weeks ago he was blaming the offensive problems on romo and using the magic route theory with owens.......

go scream on the radio and leave this team alone.
Wait, how can you not possibly see this is as a good thing? Jerry's the GM. It's the right decision to force them to change, or at least attempt to change, if they're (i.e., Wade and Garrett) unwilling.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2382265 said:
Wait, how can you not possibly see this is as a good thing? Jerry's the GM. It's the right decision to force them to change, or at least attempt to change, if they're (i.e., Wade and Garrett) unwilling.

He is not a coach. He shouldnt be demanding or forcing anyone to do anything when it comes to the game itself, the preperation for the game or who the qb is.

His job is done. There are lots of things a gm should be doing, like making sure we have another punter available in a heartbeat, scouting young running backs just in case, making sure they have a backup plan if the deep snapper is hurt etc...

He shouldnt have squat to do with gameday personell decisions.

You end up with Drew Henson starting when Jerry starts demanding and forcing things.

and the most important thing, if the players in the locker room are used to brad and are fine with brad then making a change is another possible problem in the locker room.....Now if they hate johnson and think he is not capable of playing better, maybe the offensive players will be happy, but if bollinger turns the ball over 5 times then what?

and what if bollinger is terrible? Then you go back to johnson?

and finally what are you telling the coaches here. I dont think you can do your job so here is what I want you to do.

If Im garret and I see jerry start forcing stuff behind the scenes like this just like he did when garrett was playing, I cant wait to get out of here and so will every other good coach.

I just think it stinks, if in fact Jerry forces a decision. If the staff thinks bollinger is the man vs the giants that is fine, but if it is jerry then some really really bad times are on the horizon.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
This is a non-issue. Brad stinks and losing will set us back even more. I'm glad Jerry cares enough to do something that obviously should have been done 2 games ago...:horse:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mike is such a ******.

And look at TO being the team player, stopping Irvin from saying anything bad about Brad.

You're not my favorite, but way to go TO. :clap2:

And if I'm Wade and Jerry starts bawling about Brad, I say "Go talk to your boy Red Jesus about it. He's the one who brought him here."

Oh, and one more thing... Check the time stamp on dc's post. How many minutes before MacMahon sees it and puts it on his blog?

dallas2G

Reaction score
I think it should be real simple for Sunday.

Start Brad and see how the game develops. Have Bollinger warmed up on the side ready to go. If the offense is really inept and they go three and out 2 or 3 times, then give him the hook.

Don't wait around until it's a blowout. Brad's a big boy and he understands the business. It's all about production and winning...especially in a game of this magnitude.

Now Bollinger might come in and stink it up even worse, but that's a risk you gotta take to give yourself a shot.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2382291 said:
Mike is such a ******.

And look at TO being the team player, stopping Irvin from saying anything bad about Brad.

And if I'm Wade and Jerry starts bawling about Brad, I say "Go talk to your boy Red Jesus about it. He's the one who brought him here."

Oh, and one more thing... Check the time stamp on dc's post. How many minutes before MacMahon sees it and puts it on his blog?

This will be everywhere by thursday morning.

Macmahon will put it on his blog.

Mosley will get it from macmahon.

The ticket will get it from macmahon.

Mosley will give it to his little buddy trey wingo.

NFL live will spend all day friday talking about jerry.

THe ny media will joke about jerry all week.

Jerry will deny it to norm on friday.

and guess what. the underdog under the radar element that we seem to have going into tomorrow will be gone. It will be all about controversy and the continuing circus in Dallas.

Thanks irvin, your still a frigging idiot. Go scream on the radio and leave the team be.

Should be fun the rest of the week now.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2381945 said:
I was hoping that T.O. wouldn't have stopped him from finishing that thought.
But imagine that... Owens has a prime opportunity to let somebody else rag/gossip on the QB...and he stops Irvin. IMO...that's a team first attitude.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2382314 said:
But imagine that... Owens has a prime opportunity to let somebody else rag/gossip on the QB...and he stops Irvin. IMO...that's a team first attitude.

not really team first. more like helping a friend out so he doesn't look like an idiot.

not that it won't happen still.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2382291 said:
Mike is such a ******.

I am hoping that Red brought BJ in to groom him as his next QB coach, b/c Wade Wilson (besides sucking) is not a Garrett hire, Wade was all Jerry.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Mansta54;2381997 said:
This is why BB needs to start sunday. There's a false notion that BJ protects the ball and that just isn't true. He threw 3 pics against the Rams and the Bucs dropped 2 or 3 pics. He kills our O and really hinders our chances to win. Maybe we don't know much about what BB can do but we know damn well what BJ can't do...

:hammer:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is great news guys.

I was scared that Jerry actually though Brad could still play, now at least we all know that Jerry thinks he sucks just like all of us do.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2382401 said:
This is great news guys.

I was scared that Jerry actually though Brad could still play, now at least we all know that Jerry thinks he sucks just like all of us do.

I was against bringing Brad Johnson in from the jump, when we first signed him.