Inside the huddle, what the playmaker said

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Thomas82;2382406 said:
I was against bringing Brad Johnson in from the jump, when we first signed him.

I really didnt think BJ was going to be this bad, seriously.

We all knew about his weak arm, but he was always very accurate under 15 yards.

Now, his accuracy is gone as well. So, we have an inaccurate QB with a weak arm.

This season is turning into a freaking nightmare.:mad:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have a feeling Bollinger is going to start regardless of what Jerry thinks anyways.

Brad can't execute because of his physical limitations.

MrMom

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2382246 said:
[youtube]guc4WTeWkMM[/youtube]
-----------------------------------------

This should be making the rounds by tomorrow morning, lol.

:laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2382274 said:
He is not a coach. He shouldnt be demanding or forcing anyone to do anything when it comes to the game itself, the preperation for the game or who the qb is.

His job is done. There are lots of things a gm should be doing, like making sure we have another punter available in a heartbeat, scouting young running backs just in case, making sure they have a backup plan if the deep snapper is hurt etc...

He shouldnt have squat to do with gameday personell decisions.

You end up with Drew Henson starting when Jerry starts demanding and forcing things.

and the most important thing, if the players in the locker room are used to brad and are fine with brad then making a change is another possible problem in the locker room.....Now if they hate johnson and think he is not capable of playing better, maybe the offensive players will be happy, but if bollinger turns the ball over 5 times then what?

and what if bollinger is terrible? Then you go back to johnson?

and finally what are you telling the coaches here. I dont think you can do your job so here is what I want you to do.

If Im garret and I see jerry start forcing stuff behind the scenes like this just like he did when garrett was playing, I cant wait to get out of here and so will every other good coach.

I just think it stinks, if in fact Jerry forces a decision. If the staff thinks bollinger is the man vs the giants that is fine, but if it is jerry then some really really bad times are on the horizon.
Hmm....I guess we have fundamentally different views as to what a GM does then. I think the GM does have (and should have) quite a bit of say over the depth in the depth chart, not just who goes on the chart. I'm not sure why a GM's talent evaluation would end the minute someone enters Valley Ranch.

If Garrett is just now realizing that Jerry runs the show, as owner and general manager, he's too dumb to hold this job down anyway.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2382566 said:
Hmm....I guess we have fundamentally different views as to what a GM does then. I think the GM has quite a bit of say over the depth in the depth chart, not just who goes on the chart.

Jerry took some heat last week as well.

It kinda makes me roll my eyes. He is the GM. And he has done a heck of a job recently as the GM.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2382573 said:
Jerry took some heat last week as well.

It kinda makes me roll my eyes. He is the GM. And he has done a heck of a job recently as the GM.
Exactly. We can blame him for having Brad as the backup, and he does deserve blame for that, but correcting a mistake such as this is a good thing. And making one bad decision among the litany of great decisions he's made lately isn't going to draw my ire too much.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
What about the option of putting Red behind center? I think he might be our best option against the Giants. Hell Im sure he could still loft a few 40 yard bombs to TO.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
theebs;2382298 said:
This will be everywhere by thursday morning.

Macmahon will put it on his blog.

Mosley will get it from macmahon.

The ticket will get it from macmahon.

Mosley will give it to his little buddy trey wingo.

NFL live will spend all day friday talking about jerry.

THe ny media will joke about jerry all week.

Jerry will deny it to norm on friday.

and guess what. the underdog under the radar element that we seem to have going into tomorrow will be gone. It will be all about controversy and the continuing circus in Dallas.

Thanks irvin, your still a frigging idiot. Go scream on the radio and leave the team be.

Should be fun the rest of the week now.

Mac Engel wins. What's his username on here?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2382235 said:
In Jason's and Jerry's defense Brad Johnson didn't look like this in preseason. He was making all the throws a QB needs to make and doing it reasonably well. Not taking about the long ball but the outs and such.
Great point, Jobber. Brad looked just fine in the preseason. That's why I couldn't believe my eyes in the last 2 games.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry brought in freakin' ROy WIlliams to help this offense out, and people are complaining....

And people are complaining that Jerry thought Brad could get the job done with all these weapons?