Intentional Grounding

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That was absolutely intentional grounding.Campbell clearly gave up on the play and intentionally threw the ball straight into the ground. Not blaming the loss on the refs but the officiating was horrible once again. I don't buy this "letting them play" crap. How the heck are you supposed to run an offense (or defense for the matter) when you don't know from week to week how the officials are going to call the game?Can you grab and hold receivers or not?

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
We lost a game, or better, the cowboys lost a game (I had nothing to do with it). anyone who thought they would not is delusional. I hate Washington as much as the next guy but it's not a bad time of the year to lose a game.

the Skins played well but it was obvious to me that the breaks were in their favor. i will say it again, if we do not turn the ball over, we have a graeat chance to win any game.

and if Hurd only had recovered the onlsde kick...

goons

Reaction score
The officiating was not the reason the Cowboys lost the game. This should have been a blowout. They didn't play well, and the coaches did a poor job on both sides of the ball.

But... that was intentional grounding. It was a more blatant case of intentional grounding than any of the intentional grounding calls that have been called against Romo, ever in his career.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea why that wasn't IG.

If that Romo miscommunication with Crayton was, and that playoff throw out of bounds last year was, then what Campbell did damn sure was.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
League wide, the officiating has just been bad. It's going for and against the Cowboys. I have yet to watch an NFL game this year where blatant bad calls and non-calls have been made or not made.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;2295736 said:
http://img225.*************/img225/9964/jcigwebht4.jpg

I was wrong, if I wear Redksin sunglasses that is in fact subjective. :rolleyes:

superpunk

Reaction score
6 ****ing yards away.

This is untoward.

THIS IS NOT TOWARD!!!!!!!

Will update OP with picture.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2295420 said:
I'll post the rule per NFL.com's online rule breakdown again

[/LIST]Campbell was not outside the pocket on the screen play that was sniffed out on 2nd and 13. Even if he was, the ball did not cross the line of scrimmage AND there was no receiver in the vicinity.

Can anyone explain why that did not draw a grounding penalty? we get the ball, Pacman gets mauled for no call, and then Romo throws another pick. Could have made a big difference in field position. Again, it seems like officials have no idea what the rule on grounding is.

Screens are an exception. You are allowed to "Throw it away" as long as it's near the intended reciever's feet, even if it's behind the LOS.

Again, that's only for screen passes.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2295749 said:
6 ****ing yards away.

This is untoward.

THIS IS NOT TOWARD!!!!!!!

Will update OP with picture.

Just saw the picture... dang. Yeah I think you're right, that should have been Intentional Grounding.

arglebargle

Reaction score
We should be careful what we wish for:

This last game seemed to have a referee crew that 'just let the players play'. I noted a lot of no calls. This one being one of them.

That said, the refs have looked uniformly bad this season, with lots of major blown calls. Every week. Probably every game.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rack;2295765 said:
Just saw the picture... dang. Yeah I think you're right, that should have been Intentional Grounding.

Lack of recognition by the refs is one thing, and lack of recognition by the Cowboys players and coaching staff is another. I've seen the IG penalty called 15 seconds after the play was over because the opposing team made the case. Sadly, I didn't see anyone associated with the Cowboys making such a case to the refs for IG to be called on that play.

Perhaps our players and coaches simply had their heads in their rear ends yesterday.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
superpunk;2295432 said:
Betts was nowhere near where the pass ended up. I don't have the replay, but I'd wager he was at least 5-8 yards away, and Campbell chunked it DIRECTLY into the ground.

You're right, it was a bad no-call.

Betts was close enough for it to have not been called if the pass had been floated more, technically. But the way Campbell blatantly drilled it into the ground 3-4 yards from his feet, so far behind the LOS, it should of been flagged.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2295420 said:
I'll post the rule per NFL.com's online rule breakdown again
[/list]Campbell was not outside the pocket on the screen play that was sniffed out on 2nd and 13. Even if he was, the ball did not cross the line of scrimmage AND there was no receiver in the vicinity.

Can anyone explain why that did not draw a grounding penalty? we get the ball, Pacman gets mauled for no call, and then Romo throws another pick. Could have made a big difference in field position. Again, it seems like officials have no idea what the rule on grounding is.

Are you talking about the screen play when spencer was in his face???

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
we had some many bad calls on us yesterday....but, it should not of mattered.