Interest in moving up to pick up future qb???

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
This is probably a dumba** question but wut does every1 think about cowboys moving up 2 pick up Lienart or young??? IM NOT SAYING I WANT 2!! i dont want a hundred posts calling me a moron. lol i jus wouldnt put it past JJ to pull some BS like that. What does every1 think the chance of that might be???

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
If we had to move up I would hope it was for Leinart, that said I in no way want to trade up, cost too much and we have needs to fill

maxsports

Reaction score
No way!!! We have other needs that are more important. Why mortgage this years draft and next years for a what if?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
None of the QBs this year are worth trading up that high for, IMO.

Precisely, it's very rare to find a Drew Bledsoe calibur QB in the draft nowadays. Out of the 'big three' (cutler, young, leinart), the numbers say that at least two of the three will be busts anyway. :cool:

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Zero. None. Nada.

K but my question is not wether or not we should im jus sayin who thinks JJs nuts think over his brain and he does something stupid like that??? just wonderin. he seems like that type. lol

Jethro75

Reaction score
Bill won't...he's what 60 something. Bill wants to win now(if he can with Bledsoe). Jerry would think about it. Jerry has the long term to think about. I bet Bill and Jerry have had this conversation and the answer is no. Dallas won't trade up(to#2) and get a QB. 1) Bill is comfortable with Drew. 2) The Saints will need big time value for the the 2nd overall pick and Dallas doesn't have the picks/players to make that happen. Jeff Ireland said himself that we need to put together a string of solid drafts to get this team to a championship level. Last years draft was very good and the team is looking for similar results this year.

Go Pokes!

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Jethro75 said:
Bill won't...he's what 60 something. Bill wants to win now(if he can with Bledsoe). Jerry would think about it. Jerry has the long term to think about. I bet Bill and Jerry have had this conversation and the answer is no. Dallas won't trade up(to#2) and get a QB. 1) Bill is comfortable with Drew. 2) The Saints will need big time value for the the 2nd overall pick and Dallas doesn't have the picks/players to make that happen. Jeff Ireland said himself that we need to put together a string of solid drafts to get this team to a championship level. Last years draft was very good and the team is looking for similar results this year.

Go Pokes!

Finally someone gave me an answer that covered all bases i was lookin 4

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Wolf2k5 said:
This is probably a dumba$$ question but wut does every1 think about cowboys moving up 2 pick up Lienart or young??? IM NOT SAYING I WANT 2!! i dont want a hundred posts calling me a moron. lol i jus wouldnt put it past JJ to pull some BS like that. What does every1 think the chance of that might be???

Moving up to get those guys could cost Dallas a first round pick this year and next year. So to that I say forgetaboutit!

A better idea would be to go after Chris Simms. Tampa Bay is reportedly going ot make him a one-year tender offer of 2Million to keep him as a restricted free agent. In that case, we could go after Simms and all it would cost us is this year's number one pick and whatever Jerry has to pay him :D . I'd be for this move because I think Chris Simms will be a great QB in the NFL, and that he can do well under Parcells --- unless, of course, his dad is telling him to stay away from that crazy old man. :lmao2:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
If the Saints were willing to trade the #2 pick for Dat Nguyen then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What? You don't think they would make that trade? Oh well, too bad then, I guess it won't happen.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The only player in this entire draft worthy of an assention from 18 would be D'Brick.

Hands down,the best athlete in this draft, and quite possibly the most valueable.

Considering his posistion, and how rare it is to find a dominating LT right out of the gate on draft day, D'Brick is worthy of a Glover, next years 2nd and this years first.

But none of the QB's this year can carry that price,, like it or not, lover or hater,, Bledsoe still has 2-3 yrs. left in the tank, less if the OL is not addressed, potentially 3-4 yrs. if this OL is upgraded substantially.

Giving up the farm for Leinart or Young only handycapps this teams potential to upgrade other areas of need such as the OL, and with no protection would leave either of those two QBs looking worse than any Bledsoe haters could ever possibly imagine.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
abbreviations aside...drew olson can be had at 18 probably even in the 2nd. i personally like him the best of this year's QB class

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wolf2k5 said:
K but my question is not wether or not we should im jus sayin who thinks JJs nuts think over his brain and he does something stupid like that??? just wonderin. he seems like that type. lol
I don't think that is funny at all. And BP would have a thing or two to say about it even if it happened. JJ isn't that stupid.

TLW47

Reaction score
The Houston sports radio stations have been reporting for quite a while that JERRY wants Vince Young and is serious about trading up to get him.

Now Houston hates the Cowboys and this is just the sports guy here talking because Vince is from Houston but anyway that's what they say.

Jerry is a marketing pro and if this did happen there are alot of Vince fans that automatically become Cowboys fans from Houston. Whether that factors in or he even cares or it's even true I don't know.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TLW47 said:
Jerry is a marketing pro and if this did happen there are alot of Vince fans that automatically become Cowboys fans from Houston. Whether that factors in or he even cares or it's even true I don't know.
The Cowboys are the most loved and the most hated pro sports team in America. Somehow I doubt that drafting Vince Young would have enough of an influence in that fact to worry JJ too much.

TLW47

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The Cowboys are the most loved and the most hated pro sports team in America. Somehow I doubt that drafting Vince Young would have enough of an influence in that fact to worry JJ too much.

You have no idea how many fans there are of just Vince in Houston. I've read on the Texans message boards many say they will not support the Texans anymore and switch to whatever team Vince does go too (most think the Titans with the 3rd pick).

Like I said this is a HOUSTON sports show saying all this. I don't know if Jerry or the Cowboys would even consider Vince. But there is a boatload of fans to be had by drafting Vince. He'd be the golden child!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TLW47 said:
You have no idea how many fans there are of just Vince in Houston.
You are right I don't. I do know that there are millions and millions of Cowboys across this great land and over seas as well. I won't say it is a drop in the bucket, but the Houston area fans are a very small number compared to the big picture. Their influence on Cowboy fandom won't pursuade JJ and BP to take Vince Young one little bit. If that is the direction we go (and I don't think we are) it won't be because we want to be the most popular team in Houston. If we win another super bowl, we are still the most popular team in Texas and possibly Houston even without Young.