Interest in Videos of the Cowboys 5 Superbowl Wins?

DBoys

Reaction score
I got my hands on the above games and I wanted to find out if you guys would be interested in them? I need volunteers to host the files for the rest of the forum. Hopefully one guy with some serious bandwidth can help me out. Hosting via torrent will take to long I can only upload at 80k a sec. Without a host I am not even going to bother because it will take a lot of work.

Let me know

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I could upload it to usenet (newsgroups), how large are the files?

DBoys

Reaction score
Dunno yet because I am not going to convert them until I get someone to host the files. I wanna preserve the quality as much as possible so I would shoot for 400-700mb a piece then you multiply that by 5. So a maximum of 3.5GB.

I know the more recent SB's are more common so I could only provide the two older ones if thats what you guys want. If I am only upping two I could host with a torrent.

mkelly71

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Dunno yet because I am not going to convert them until I get someone to host the files. I wanna preserve the quality as much as possible so I would shoot for 400-700mb a piece then you multiply that by 5. So a maximum of 3.5GB.

I know the more recent SB's are more common so I could only provide the two older ones if thats what you guys want. If I am only upping two I could host with a torrent.

we want em all great ideal hope we can make it happen

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
DBoys said:

Maybe you can do two at a time? Hold them online for few days and then another two or something?

Or let me look into something. I know there are some free web site providers, where in, you can setup a web server on your computer and they will make it online if you use their address. Probably bit confusing as to what I am saying, but, I will look into it and message you if that is possible, which means, basically I will setup a web server on my PC for you to load the files. Probably have to wait till weekend till I can look into it though.

DBoys

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Maybe you can do two at a time? Hold them online for few days and then another two or something?

Or let me look into something. I know there are some free web site providers, where in, you can setup a web server on your computer and they will make it online if you use their address. Probably bit confusing as to what I am saying, but, I will look into it and message you if that is possible, which means, basically I will setup a web server on my PC for you to load the files. Probably have to wait till weekend till I can look into it though.

Problem with hosting 2 at a time is people won't seed so you end up hosting all 5 anyway :p. What kind of internet connection do you have? I see your in Grapevine you wouldn't happen to have Verizon FIOS? If I could find a couple people with 1MB + uploads I could upload to them first then we could sync a torrent session up and have 3 seeds from the start. Don't worry I won't be finished by the weekend. Depends on how big the DVD VOB file is for each game. Thats why I want to make sure we get some good hosts because it takes awhile to convert.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I'm on cable so it would take me a while as well, but I could always set it to upload late at night in which case it would be available to all for at least 25 days (Would depend on the users' retention). Once uploaded we won't have to do anything on our end.

Just a suggestion. You could also break it down into parts, hj-split is a good app for doing just that (I think WinRar does the same)

aznhalf

Reaction score
I run a mini web server off of a spare machine that I always keep on. Just have plain old cable though so my up speed isn't that good. But still, let me know if I can help.

I also have admin rights to my companies web services but I don't think they'd appreciate hosting videos on it=P

DBoys

Reaction score
torrent will prolly be the way to go that way the burden is on everyone instead of one person. Let's see if we can get a few people with good upload speeds to help me seed.

I can upload at 80k a sec if we could get like 300-500k upload between 3-5 people that should be good. Then as others build up they will start uploading as well. 2-3.5GB would be about a day download which is not to bad.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in the last 3 SB wins.

Big D

Reaction score
I have a server that i can put a couple of the videos on ..

PM me

Henson Domination

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
I'm on cable so it would take me a while as well, but I could always set it to upload late at night in which case it would be available to all for at least 25 days (Would depend on the users' retention). Once uploaded we won't have to do anything on our end.

Just a suggestion. You could also break it down into parts, hj-split is a good app for doing just that (I think WinRar does the same)

This is the method I would recommend. The files stay on there for 30 days and can be downloaded very fast, once uploaded.

There is a group alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys that you can put them on.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Could you put them on DVD's.
I would be interested to $$ them.
You can IM me on that if you like.:starspin

DBoys

Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
Could you put them on DVD's.
I would be interested to $$ them.
You can IM me on that if you like.:starspin