Interesting FA TE's

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Resign Jarwin and I am feeling good at TE. He's a good player. Can't block worth a lick, but how many TEs can these days anyway?
Definitely. The only logical way Jarwin isn't with Dallas in 2020 is if another team signs him to an offer sheet and Dallas refuses to match.

What makes the most sense is Dallas putting a second round tender on Jarwin, which will likely keep other teams from pursuing him.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'd spend money on Hooper and send Witt out to the back 40

RoboQB

Reaction score
2019....375 yards and 3 TDs....

QB change might have something to do with that.
Not knocking Brissett but, c'mon, he's not the caliber
of player that Luck was.

I do remember that, in Detroit, he couldn't hold on to Stafford's rocket throws.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft a good TE. FA TEs will be too expensive for a team that has multiple needs on both sides of the ball. Drafting a good TE, especially one that can contribute immediately is a wiser move. It’s cheaper and if we draft a good one, we can have a 4-5 year window of good talent at a cheap price.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Draft a good TE. FA TEs will be too expensive for a team that has multiple needs on both sides of the ball. Drafting a good TE, especially one that can contribute immediately is a wiser move. It’s cheaper and if we draft a good one, we can have a 4-5 year window of good talent at a cheap price.
There is no TE is this coming draft that is going to make and immediately help this team. Not even 1 is projected to go in the 1st round. I see the offense as being set once Dak and Cooper are signed, the missing piece is a stud TE. On the defense, we will need a corner if Jones walks, Bennett and Quinn are FAs, we need a DT, LBer, Safety (or 2). we can't afford to throw a high pick at the TE position, we need to go heavy on defense!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I am not convinced that Jarwin is our TE of the future. He has made some nice plays but even without Witten playing his stats were not impressive.

there is a couple FA TE's (if the hit the open market) I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on.

1. Hunter Henry- He has had some injury issue's but the guy has the talent to be a great TE in this league.

2. Austin Hooper-Unlike Henry I have serious doubts the Falcons FO let's this guy walk but if they did I would hope our FO goes after him.

3. Jocob Hollister- He is a RFA and depending on what the Seahawk's want for him he would be worth a shot. he was 3rd on the Hawks depth chart and when injury struck he stepped up and put together some nice games.
If you put Jarwin on the teams that they were on last season.....I think he puts up similar numbers.

visionary

Reaction score
People forget that TE is a difference making position on offense. Look at the SB teams as an example.

I would sign the best TE available in FA to pair with Jarwin

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One could easily see a TE being taken in about a fourth round pick, or even later.

I expect it's fairly probable that the first three picks may most likely go to defense.

Otherwise, it most likely shouldn't be unreasonable for a FA TE to be an addition.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I am not convinced that Jarwin is our TE of the future. He has made some nice plays but even without Witten playing his stats were not impressive.

there is a couple FA TE's (if the hit the open market) I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on.

1. Hunter Henry- He has had some injury issue's but the guy has the talent to be a great TE in this league.

2. Austin Hooper-Unlike Henry I have serious doubts the Falcons FO let's this guy walk but if they did I would hope our FO goes after him.

3. Jocob Hollister- He is a RFA and depending on what the Seahawk's want for him he would be worth a shot. he was 3rd on the Hawks depth chart and when injury struck he stepped up and put together some nice games.
witten was only gone for 1 year. jarwin and schultz did just fine as i recall. if we went into the season with them and maybe a draft pick i think we'd be fine at the position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no TE is this coming draft that is going to make and immediately help this team. Not even 1 is projected to go in the 1st round. I see the offense as being set once Dak and Cooper are signed, the missing piece is a stud TE. On the defense, we will need a corner if Jones walks, Bennett and Quinn are FAs, we need a DT, LBer, Safety (or 2). we can't afford to throw a high pick at the TE position, we need to go heavy on defense!

We also "can't afford to throw" top of the market money at year another offensive position.
:facepalm:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

We unanimously all see the prob with TE.

I like Ebron the most.

He is a good size target and has some RAC.

If not him..draft one in an early rd.

Our offense will never be as good as it can be without a threat at TE.

Jarwin is a good #2 TE and for 2 TE sets around GL.

Schultz is a mystery. Like others before him..

he fell into the Black Hole behind Witten.

The position is important to McCarthy's offense passing the ball. Think about how often Roger's killed us with TE throws to win games.

Way to many times we all know.

So I know it's a key and Moore is going to need to learn how to use the position as more than just a safety valve.

Look at the teams in the playoffs. All had top TEs on their offenses to attack the defenses.

Seems clear to me.

tm1119

Reaction score
How could you not list Eric Ebron?

Could be nothing, but also possible Ebron has some locker room/personality issues. Colts GM dismissed any notion of him coming back quickly when the season was barely even over. Maybe they run things a little differently, but I found it a little odd they would write a guy off from coming back before the off season even started.
Possible it was about business decisions from Ebron not wanting to play through injuries
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pr...20/01/02/colts-dont-want-eric-ebron-back/amp/

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
witten was only gone for 1 year. jarwin and schultz did just fine as i recall. if we went into the season with them and maybe a draft pick i think we'd be fine at the position.

What hurt the year Witten was gone, was the play calling from Linehan. When plays worked for Jarwin and Schultz, then Linehan never went back to them. Typical of his stupid play calling at times. When Dak rolled to the right, many times he could make the pass to Jarwin and usually for a first down. Then they would not use it for several games.

I agree, draft a TE if one is there in any round that is BPA. Or if a TE in FA just so happens to be signed for a reasonable contract, or both actually. Let them compete in TC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could be nothing, but also possible Ebron has some locker room/personality issues. Colts GM dismissed any notion of him coming back quickly when the season was barely even over. Maybe they run things a little differently, but I found it a little odd they would write a guy off from coming back before the off season even started.
Possible it was about business decisions from Ebron not wanting to play through injuries
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pr...20/01/02/colts-dont-want-eric-ebron-back/amp/

I think that's exactly what it was, but then you have to ask yourself the question?

Do you blame a player for looking out for himself and getting himself 100% for when he hits free agency? Or ask yourself if the player was telling the truth about the pain and struggles from the injury?