Interesting FA TE's

quickccc

Reaction score
I am not convinced that Jarwin is our TE of the future. He has made some nice plays but even without Witten playing his stats were not impressive.

there is a couple FA TE's (if the hit the open market) I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on.

1. Hunter Henry- He has had some injury issue's but the guy has the talent to be a great TE in this league.

2. Austin Hooper-Unlike Henry I have serious doubts the Falcons FO let's this guy walk but if they did I would hope our FO goes after him.

3. Jocob Hollister- He is a RFA and depending on what the Seahawk's want for him he would be worth a shot. he was 3rd on the Hawks depth chart and when injury struck he stepped up and put together some nice games.

- Austin Hooper is the only face I've seen of interest to me, and I don't blame the team if they didn't pursue him to a bidding war big contract should he be allowed to walk as a UFA,
he's great at underneath routes crossing, or sitting in a zone, but i'm not sure Hooper is a mismatch advantage TE. I dunno if he's quite a Dallas Goebert type.

- I have no interest in Hunter Henry as that's a walking Humpy Dumpy. What good is talent if he cannot ever stay healthy ? You'd better give him an incentative laden contract centered on
playing time games played as well as have two more very serviceable TEs ready to go " when" Hunter hits those usual nicks and nags that not only threaten him missing games, but he's
hampered such as he becomes limited just trying to fight and struggle thru the game with those lingering injuries. That's an Iron Man needed position.

- Speaking of injuries- I'll also say Hell No to Skins' Jordan Reed as well.( I think he's a UFA, too) Never healthy. and with guys with persistent injuries like this, you also have to wonder
how much injuries have taken their toll and cut into their playing ability.

- I'm not fond of signing up Eric Ebron of Colts either. Especially since i want to find out why he simply fell off face of the earth - per non-injury related reasons.
At best, 1 year prove it deal but definitely not long term.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
What hurt the year Witten was gone, was the play calling from Linehan. When plays worked for Jarwin and Schultz, then Linehan never went back to them. Typical of his stupid play calling at times. When Dak rolled to the right, many times he could make the pass to Jarwin and usually for a first down. Then they would not use it for several games.

I agree, draft a TE if one is there in any round that is BPA. Or if a TE in FA just so happens to be signed for a reasonable contract, or both actually. Let them compete in TC.
yea, i simply don't view TE as a glaring need. we've lost wittien, again, and that's how life rolls. we have 2 players that showed flashes of ability and before they could establish, witten gave up a horrible idea in going into broadcasting and came back home.

love witten but it sure did screw up the development of either of these players.

but, people just like to "window shop" for players and run through scenarios.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jarwin should have started instead of Witty this past season. Dallas doesn't need to spend a big draft pick on a new TE. Jarwin has he ability to be a great TE if given the opportunity.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Why do you think that?

He struggles to block and he can get delayed or re-routed off the line of scrimmage in his release too easily (translation: he is not physical).
Which makes sense since he started out a college WR.

His success is usually deeper seam routes when he is the 2nd TE and/or 5th option, and he draws the other team's worst coverage linebacker or a smallish cornerback.

He's grown on me some, but I think if you make him THE Tight End, his flaws will be glaring. Just as they were in 2018 with Geoff Swaim.

glimmerman

Reaction score
A kid was just invited to the combine that’s predicted to be a later round pick and he has all the TE records.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Realistically, there is nothing to expose.

Way to not be able to articulate your made up point though.
Keep reading, I expanded upon it.

Realistically, you seem to think more opportunities automatically equals more success. Not exactly how football, or life, works out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Keep reading, I expanded upon it.

Realistically, you seem to think more opportunities automatically equals more success. Not exactly how football, or life, works out.
I assume you're talking about his blocking. Which is irrelevant bc iif a defense is able to expose that, it's a failure on the coaching.

And no, I didn't say that. I said there isn't anything to expose. Please show me where I said it means more success. It does mean more success by volume, but not by efficiency. But the idea that him as te1 is problematic bc of his blocking isn't true for the modern NFL. Run blocking doesn't matter for a TE who has to be accounted for in the passing game.

starfan1

Reaction score
i think Jarwin would be just fine with no Witten or at least with him being the number1. I like him and draft Randy Moss's boy Thaddeus

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Could be nothing, but also possible Ebron has some locker room/personality issues. Colts GM dismissed any notion of him coming back quickly when the season was barely even over. Maybe they run things a little differently, but I found it a little odd they would write a guy off from coming back before the off season even started.
Possible it was about business decisions from Ebron not wanting to play through injuries
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pr...20/01/02/colts-dont-want-eric-ebron-back/amp/
He hurt his ankle supposedly pretty bad where he claims he had severe pain when playing on it and decided on his own to shut it down the last part of the season. Ravens were irate.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
g ability.

- I'm not fond of signing up Eric Ebron of Colts either. Especially since i want to find out why he simply fell off face of the earth - per non-injury related reasons.
At best, 1 year prove it deal but definitely not long term.
:facepalm:

Ebron definitely had injury related reasons.

GMO415

Reaction score
Draft a good TE. FA TEs will be too expensive for a team that has multiple needs on both sides of the ball. Drafting a good TE, especially one that can contribute immediately is a wiser move. It’s cheaper and if we draft a good one, we can have a 4-5 year window of good talent at a cheap price.
I'm afraid your right Bullet

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Jarwin, Shultz , 3rd rounder, 1 or 2 final cut guys should be fine. Add to a WR group of Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, Smith, Brown, maybe bring Dez back...

:hammer:....I think we are gonna draft a guy sometime in the mid rounds like....

Harrison Bryant TE FAU
Colby Parkinson TE Stanford
Mitchell Wilcox TE USF

Thinks guys like...

Adam Trautman TE Dayton
Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

are gonna cost too much to burn a 2nd rounder on......but we have done it before. :rolleyes:

ESisback

Reaction score
:hammer:....I think we are gonna draft a guy sometime in the mid rounds like....

Harrison Bryant TE FAU
Colby Parkinson TE Stanford
Mitchell Wilcox TE USF

Thinks guys like...

Adam Trautman TE Dayton
Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

are gonna cost too much to burn a 2nd rounder on......but we have done it before. :rolleyes:

Hey Floaty, Stanford is usually a good place to find a decent TE, right? I’m not as well versed as some of you guys, as far as college talent. Don’t watch much beyond BTN and a few big bowl games.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hey Floaty, Stanford is usually a good place to find a decent TE, right? I’m not as well versed as some of you guys, as far as college talent. Don’t watch much beyond BTN and a few big bowl games.

My pet cat is ....Adam Trautman TE Dayton.

Reminds me a lot of Witten when he was in his prime. As for Colby Parkinson TE Stanford....he reminds me of a couple of guys....Jace Sternberger.....drafted 3rd round last year Packers. ...Jake Butt (Denver). The thing w/ Colby....6'7....you can't teach height. What he runs @ the combine will be important. He's skinny though....don't see him being a 3 down player....but he really could be a matchup nightmare if he can run...and put a little bit of weight on.

ESisback

Reaction score
My pet cat is ....Adam Trautman TE Dayton.

Reminds me a lot of Witten when he was in his prime. As for Colby Parkinson TE Stanford....he reminds me of a couple of guys....Jace Sternberger.....drafted 3rd round last year Packers. ...Jake Butt (Denver). The thing w/ Colby....6'7....you can't teach height. What he runs @ the combine will be important. He's skinny though....don't see him being a 3 down player....but he really could be a matchup nightmare if he can run...and put a little bit of weight on.

If whomever they get can’t impact the roster in the first year, what do you think of signing Dez for a year as a tall RZ target? Utilize Jarwin to get us downfield.