Interesting Gil Brandt tweet about the 2022 draft

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There's no off season in the NFL....
There is, and scouts do get a sizeable break. They earn it because for most of the year they are traveling all over the place, writing reports, cross-checking each other's work, meeting, etc.

(Big time)College football has less of a break because recruiting never stops, even during the NCAA's mythological "quiet" or "dead" periods.

T-RO

Reaction score
The (cal)polywog is easy to spot....as is the Brandt/Heisenberg.

Premature frog: some say polliwog (polywog), some say tadpole.

A sensible Cal-poly-wog has no choice: run away.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
HOF Cowboy Great Brandt territory = the draft.

You gotta a problem?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The (cal)polywog is easy to spot....as is the Brandt/Heisenberg.

Premature frog: some say polliwog (polywog), some say tadpole.

A sensible Cal-poly-wog has no choice: run away.

1156-DFCD-D77-D-4-D42-888-E-6-B2238-A5-C7-C1.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There is, and scouts do get a sizeable break. They earn it because for most of the year they are traveling all over the place, writing reports, cross-checking each other's work, meeting, etc.

(Big time)College football has less of a break because recruiting never stops, even during the NCAA's mythological "quiet" or "dead" periods.

The scouts still review game film, check injury reports/updates, evaluate how the various draft picks, and on and on.
Just because they aren't traveling doesn't mean they have a sizeable break. The NFL is a year-round job, the scouts certainly get vacations, etc. but just because there aren't games and such ongoing doesn't mean they don't work. Not as physically as hard, sure, but there is no real off season in the NFL....

T-RO

Reaction score
CalPoly, I'm still willing (read: eager) to see you swim about some more, with that little polyWog strut-wiggle you have.

Tell us clearly: What is incorrect, invalid, or irrelevant with Brandt's tweet, which initiated this thread? Or (I'm generous) might you indulge us defending your proposition that Brandt is irrelevant...and shouldn't be paid by NFL.Com, league seminars, and media outlets? Jealous boy.

If you want to play more with pictures, I suggest u bump it to 5000x5000 pixels. Or higher. Pixels borrowed from meme sites might better hide your embarrassment.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
CalPoly, I'm still willing (read: eager) to see you swim about some more, with that little polyWog strut-wiggle you have.

Tell us clearly: What is incorrect, invalid, or irrelevant with Brandt's tweet, which initiated this thread? Or (I'm generous) might you indulge us defending your proposition that Brandt is irrelevant...and shouldn't be paid by NFL.Com, league seminars, and media outlets? Jealous boy.

If you want to play more with pictures, I suggest u bump it to 5000x5000 pixels. Or higher. Pixels borrowed from meme sites might better hide your embarrassment.

Hey dunce, what about this post is speaking about Gil’s tweet?

“You guys realize that Gil Brandt weighing-in on the draft in 2021 is akin to hearing the maker of the Commodore 64 talk about quantum computing?”

Lol, you heeehawing donkey

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

You could not sound like more of a baby lol

Is Brandt your granpda or something?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
You guys realize that Gil Brandt weighing-in on the draft in 2021 is akin to hearing the maker of the Commodore 64 talk about quantum computing?
He's almost 90 years old, still talking about the draft.

Most of us should be so fortunate.

BigTruth

Reaction score
It also will greatly increase the UDFA market.

I read an article that said it wouldn't and most of the players who are taking the extra year are players that would be UDFAs anyway. The TE at Ohio State that never got beyond 3rd on the depth chart gets to come back for a 5th year. It may make College teams better but it is unlikely any of these guys breaks out.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I read an article that said it wouldn't and most of the players who are taking the extra year are players that would be UDFAs anyway. The TE at Ohio State that never got beyond 3rd on the depth chart gets to come back for a 5th year. It may make College teams better but it is unlikely any of these guys breaks out.
Except no where near all of them will go back for the extra year.

T-RO

Reaction score
You could not sound like more of a baby lol

Is Brandt your granpda or something?

You might now these lines from an amazing movie?

"There's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee
With great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know my name is the Lord
When I lay my vengeance upon thee"​

DON'T MESS WITH YOUR ELDERS! Especially when at age 87 they are doing AMAZING work.

CalPolyWogs grow legs...and taste like chicken.